Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:32:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Newbies! Here is place for your introducing post!  (Read 365 times)
Cashi (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 48

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:30:10 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2018, 10:31:14 PM by Cashi
Merited by mdayonliner (1)

I've searched a place where you can write a first message when you are completely new here, but found no topic so far. So here it is: a place for Newbies, where you can write your first post to introduce yourself.

If you like you can tell us: (this are only some suggestions, maybe you have to add some more)
* which country / continent are you from?
* how and when did you hear the first time about cryptocurrencies?
* when did you enter this market seriously?
* what are your hopes to get into this market?
* which cryptocurrencies are your favourites?
* are there any cryptocurrencies you don’t like?
* tell us your risk-taking propensity
* why Bitcointalk? There are some other forums

Tell us your story, I’m sure we will hear interesting ones!  

Here you can copy the code: (add your own text between the lines)

Code:
[b]* which country / continent are you from?[/b]

[b]* how and when did you hear the first time about cryptocurrencies?[/b]

[b]* when did you enter this market seriously?[/b]

[b]* what are your hopes to get into this market?[/b]

[b]* which cryptocurrencies are your favourites?[/b]

[b]* are there any cryptocurrencies you don’t like?[/b]

[b]* tell us your risk-taking propensity[/b]

[b]* why Bitcointalk? There are some other forums[/b]

[b]* ...[/b]

I hope you will learn something new about cryptocurrencies here or get your questions answered.

Good luck here!  Smiley

Edit: even if you are a higher ranked member feel free to tell your story. Everyone can participate and we are interested to hear your personal "first post". If you are already a Hero/Legendary and have missed it in the past you can do it now.  Smiley

Smiley Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:39:51 PM

How about your one first  Smiley

Let's start with yours so that the others find an example from you. By the way welcome to the forum. It's a good initiative. Keep up the good work.

Update:
One merit sent for your thoughts in the post and some encouragement. See you around mate.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Cashi (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:20:46 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 11:45:28 PM by Cashi

How about your one first  Smiley

Let's start with yours so that the others find an example from you. By the way welcome to the forum. It's a good initiative. Keep up the good work.

Update:
One merit sent for your thoughts in the post and some encouragement. See you around mate.

Thanks! I hope I can fulfill the expectations as a non-native English speaker. So I think everyone is welcome to post here, even if your English is not perfect. Wink

* which country / continent are you from, how and when did you hear the first time about cryptocurrencies?
I'm from Europe and heard about Bitcoin the first time around 2014 but it was only surficial and my intention was in those days never to buy Bitcoin (yes  Undecided). I quickly forgot it again and the next time I heard about it, the price was already over ten times the value of that time in 2014. This was in December 2017, when Bitcoin was big in the media. At the beginning of 2018 I decided to get into this and bought the first (pieces of) Bitcoins and Ethereum. I've still not sold them Wink
It's very difficult to enter in a bear market, but you have some advantages to see if you are right here or not.

* do you have any cryptocurrencies you don’t like?

In my opinion you are not wrong if you invest in the proven ones, like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The one which I do not like is Ripple. It contradicts the decentralized idea of Bitcoin and is not suitable to improve the financial system in any ways. It could make it even worse.
The risk I would try to keep low, which also results in not buying shitcoins. There are some good projects, but in the future lots of them will be sorted out.
Bitcointalk is a good choice because it is the biggest forum and if you ask it is very likely you get a good answer.

* What are my hopes of getting into this market?
We still have the chance to be one of the early adopters and help all those people who want changes to a better financial system. Now we have the opportunity and who knows how often we will have it in the future.
It’s likely we can be part of an impressive change and so I hope to do my part to make this project a little bit more successful.

Smiley Smiley
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 10:22:17 PM
Merited by Cashi (1)

Europe. You can predict my country by looking at my nickname Cheesy
I'm not sure when exactly I heard about Bitcoin for the first time, maybe in 2014. I joined Bitcoin world in 2015. I was looking for methods to earn some money online. I used PTC websites, but it was basically waste of time. Then I saw many advertisements of Freebitco.in. Then I thought that Bitcoin is something like rocket science and it's not beginner friendly thing. But I tried to register on Freebitco.in, created wallets on Coinbase and Blockchain.info. This is how my journey started.
Good question. I like idea to be independent from banks, stay anonymous. And it's nice to earn some extra money by doing various crypto related activities.
Bitcoin, obviously! Don't know exact reason why, but I'm old fan of Dogecoin. I also like NEM - in my opinion it's solid coin with strong team,  nice community and serious plans.
Ripple, but I don't call it as cryptocurrency. USDT. And lot of shitcoins and shittokens.
When I was newbie, Bitcointalk was first forum which I discovered. I have accounts on some other forums, but I don't use it much. Bitcointalk is biggest and most popular forum, I find everything what I need here. Other forums just don't have many active users.
And there is another reason. I had to promote my own faucet list - Bitcointalk is a great place to get many vistors to my website Cheesy.
OP, it would be nice if you share your story by answering these questions.

Cashi (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:19:21 PM

Europe. You can predict my country by looking at my nickname Cheesy
I'm not sure when exactly I heard about Bitcoin for the first time, maybe in 2014. I joined Bitcoin world in 2015. I was looking for methods to earn some money online. I used PTC websites, but it was basically waste of time. Then I saw many advertisements of Freebitco.in. Then I thought that Bitcoin is something like rocket science and it's not beginner friendly thing. But I tried to register on Freebitco.in, created wallets on Coinbase and Blockchain.info. This is how my journey started.
Good question. I like idea to be independent from banks, stay anonymous. And it's nice to earn some extra money by doing various crypto related activities.
Bitcoin, obviously! Don't know exact reason why, but I'm old fan of Dogecoin. I also like NEM - in my opinion it's solid coin with strong team,  nice community and serious plans.
Ripple, but I don't call it as cryptocurrency. USDT. And lot of shitcoins and shittokens.
When I was newbie, Bitcointalk was first forum which I discovered. I have accounts on some other forums, but I don't use it much. Bitcointalk is biggest and most popular forum, I find everything what I need here. Other forums just don't have many active users.
And there is another reason. I had to promote my own faucet list - Bitcointalk is a great place to get many vistors to my website Cheesy.
Hey, great to hear some experiences from higher members, maybe i'll change the topic a little bit and encourage everyone to write their story.  Smiley

OP, it would be nice if you share your story by answering these questions.
I did it already above, mdayonliner asked for it. And yes, USDT is one of these creations we don't need. I don't like it too.

Smiley Smiley
Cashi (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:58:53 PM

OP was updated. Feel free to write your "first post" no matter what's your rank!

Smiley Smiley
thanhhue300

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:14:18 PM

hello! I am Thanh, i live in VietNam, Nice to meet you.
 I am also a newbie, looking forward to sharing your experiences
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:30:37 PM
Merited by Cashi (1)

~

Good work mate. It's gonna be fun.
127.0.0.1 (localhost), I have no county, no race. The am belongs to the earth.
One of my mad friend yelled about Bitcoin when he lost money in Binary Trading. It was like, "I better buy some Bitcoin". Since he is a mad one, no one never took it seriously. The year is may be 2011/12. I can not recall the exact year.
Cryptocurrency Market? Well I am not a fan of centralized corporation. They are dividing the whole world, media is their slave and they are manipulating the citizens. Banking is needed but we do not need a bank.
Obviously Bitcoin, then ETH. There are few more though.
* are there any cryptocurrencies you don’t like?
Not any specific one. I hate it when people say Ripple is a cryptocurrency. Ripple is a shame for the entire crypto space.
* tell us your risk-taking propensity
I can risk everything in something I believe in. I have done it a lot in past. I failed in the most but I had enough success as well.
I like the tendency of proving myself in anything. I may not stick to BitcoinTalk if there were no merit system. I am member with few other forums but not much active in those. I figured, I do not find much motivation over there.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Cashi (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:26:27 PM

~

Hey, nice one! Great to hear we have some similarities Smiley

If everyone tells here how he came into this, we will hear very interesting stories. And in the end we will find some similarities even our dates of entering into this market are quite different.

Smiley Smiley
Savage95

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:57:28 AM

Hopefully this works hahaha. Didn’t know I had to do this first!

which country / continent are you from? I’m from the USA

* how and when did you hear the first time about cryptocurrencies? So I heard about bitcoin back in 2013 and regret not buying it back then 😑

* when did you enter this market seriously? I entered this market in March of 2018

* what are your hopes to get into this market? Honestly i’m In this for the long run, it looks promising.

* which cryptocurrencies are your Favorites? Currently I’m investing in bitcoin, ripple and diet bitcoin.

* are there any cryptocurrencies you don’t like? No not really. Since everyone has a different purpose.

* tell us your risk-taking propensity? I’m young but I’m not dumb so I’ll go as far to spend enough where I can still continue my day happily if I end up taking a loss.

* why Bitcointalk? There are some other forums. This is the first one I heard about when researching diet bitcoin.
maiiyeuvo

Activity: 292
Merit: 100

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:36:47 AM

Do you know Ucash?
 I invested in Ucash, I failed the first time in crypto.
Ucash is like a big lesson to me. At that time I was a newbie.
After that time, I started to learn more about Crypto.

tnguye01

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:41:56 AM

Job well done!  Thanks for creating a home for us newbies!
suchi2591

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:50:37 AM

* which country / continent are you from? : India
* how and when did you hear the first time about cryptocurrencies?   : Before 2 months through a friend
* what are your hopes to get into this market?  : I want to learn and then invest in cryptos.
* which cryptocurrencies are your favourites? : Bitcoin
* are there any cryptocurrencies you don’t like?: ----
* tell us your risk-taking propensity:  ----
* why Bitcointalk? There are some other forums:  To learn
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:28:39 AM

Just as a refresher, here's some guidance from the "Newbies - read before posting" thread.

Quote from: from Lauda
Forum Tips

Introductory threads: If you feel the need to post an introduction thread please take the effort to write something substantial or don't bother at all. Threads and post that contain only one word/sentence such as "hello & welcome to the forum" will be removed without warning as it causes unnecessary clutter.

The introductions are great, let's just keep them "substantial"...tell us something real about yourself!
Yusuke777

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:05:05 AM

I could invest to bitcoin at three  years ago.
but I didn't it.
I regret but I will wait for the next opportunity.
TradeOne

Activity: 142

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

Wn interesting and useful topic for beginners and people with experience for the exchange of information, and Bitlcointalk is considered one of the top forums about crypto currency
NewGuy24

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:50:15 PM

* which country / continent are you from? : I'm from Asia
* how and when did you hear the first time about cryptocurrencies? : About 6 months Ago
* when did you enter this market seriously? : Last January 2018
* what are your hopes to get into this market? : Hope to have earn a little and learn more about cryptocurrencies
* which cryptocurrencies are your favourites? : Well i have FUEL and XVG
HaniBaloch

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:13:55 AM

very interesting dear, i enjoyed a lot to read your all first post...great work..
i m from the Aisan country.
i heared first time about it in 2016 from my brother who is also working in this field..
* when did you enter this market?
after hear about it i was too much interested to be part of it so i joined it in 2017 through my brother...
*  what are your hopes to get into this market?
i hope to get some experience and money which can help me at any field of life and do some good work for needy people..
so far i am new in this market and don't have enough information about all cryptocurrencies but what i listened bitcoin is very famous and valueable so i like it most..
* why bitcointalk? there are some other forum...
i just knew about it and i joined but i believe it is the best one..
Cashi (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:32:24 PM

Thank you for the feedback so far, I've added a code you can copy easily and fill in your own text!

Smiley Smiley
poonampawan

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:39:03 AM

Hello
I'm from Asia. Heard first time about Bitcoin in Nov/ Dec 2016 and Ripple was in news too. Invested a lot in Ripple, money tripled and I bought more because I was a noob. Didn't know when to sell, so ultimately got rekt, lost 80% of the amount invested. Started learning from there, still learning. After that, didn't lose anything but haven't earned anything also. But I'm optimistic, I'll learn more and continue investing. My biggest mistake was to enter market without any knowledge and investing a huge amount (for me). Crypto is interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: