Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING! Crycurexcom is attempting to remove all bad press  (Read 1261 times)
atheistftwins (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:36:02 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 10:06:31 PM by atheistftwins

Edit: Crycurexcom has now LOCKED his first thread in order to censor bad feedback. He is trying to get people only to post in his self-moderated thread. This blatently goes against what the cryptocommunity stands for and is spitting on what a decentralized system is supposed to be about. We can't let him get away with scamming more people!

Many of you may have heard of the exchange crycurex.com.

If you did, then you would know there have been many complaints of missing coins and even deleted accounts.
All of these problems have been addressed in the thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417981.0

There are over 30 pages worth of complaints!

Now, the admin is attempting to make a new thread in an attempt to escape any bad publicity and continue to ignore all the complaints current users are having at his site:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=436832.msg4801021#msg4801021

Please do not allow him to do this! He is attempting to scam new users into using his site by using a self moderated topic and ignoring all the previous bad things that have been claimed by MANY of his users at the previous thread.

I just wanted to put this out there because I and others have had BTC stolen from me on his site and the admin has absolutely refused to resolve the issue. I don't want anyone else to fall victim too!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atheistftwins (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:59:00 PM

Just so everyone is made clear of the concerns:

Outside of multiple withdrawal/deposit issues, at least THREE user's accounts (with funds exceeding 1BTC) were DELETED with the funds still inside. During this period of time, the website was not even secured by https, and as of the time of typing this message still does not have this most basic level of security.

The admin continues to deny anything could have happened despite him not being able to produce ANY LOGS of what happened. In fact, when queried about the time of the accounts deletion he could not even answer that!

[1/26/2014 5:18:56 PM] **********: do you have information about when the account got closed?
[1/26/2014 5:20:08 PM] crycurex.com: we do not log closed accounts

Yet he continues to claim to everyone his site is 100% secure. He has proven time and time again that he does not understand even the most fundamental security protocols and instead his retort to anyone complaining is that we are somehow trying to ruin his reputation or scamming him.

If you read his replies to any of the complaints, you will quickly find that this individual is not only unsympathetic to his user's concerns, he is downright rude to anyone who disagrees with him.

Please be very careful when dealing with crycurex.com!
ozzymax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:20:56 PM

Crycurex is a joke, the guy running it is a scammer, I remember when he started trolling the forums in his illiterate broken English claiming he was building the best crypto exchange in the world and that he was going to be No1. The only this he is No1 at is being a ScamBag. Do not use his exchange nothing works. I sent a deposit of a hundred coins just to test the water and that went missing with no reply to support emails,
I feel sorry for all the people scammed by this crook. Please Admin don't let him promote his scam exchange on here so he can do the same to newbies like myself.
21coin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

Sarthak's a dumb girl

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:29:08 PM

its batter to always trade with trusted and reputable exchanges

atheistftwins (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

Crycurex is a joke, the guy running it is a scammer, I remember when he started trolling the forums in his illiterate broken English claiming he was building the best crypto exchange in the world and that he was going to be No1. The only this he is No1 at is being a ScamBag. Do not use his exchange nothing works. I sent a deposit of a hundred coins just to test the water and that went missing with no reply to support emails,
I feel sorry for all the people scammed by this crook. Please Admin don't let him promote his scam exchange on here so he can do the same to newbies like myself.

I'm sorry this happened to you Sad. If anyone else has complaints about crycurexcom please make be known here so that we can get the attention of mods to stop letting him spread his scammy site here on the forums.

Community is the most important thing when it comes to altcoins and this kind of thing is very destructive to the community.
Efitzhenry

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:52:18 PM

Ive been monitoring the exchange as well. Appears super fucking shady............

I like Cryptorush though it looks good for beta.

atheistftwins (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:56:29 PM

Ive been monitoring the exchange as well. Appears super fucking shady............

I like Cryptorush though it looks good for beta.

I have not had any experience with cryptorush so I can not tell you anything about it. After this happened I decided to swear off exchanges in beta and just wait for launch to trade coins  Cheesy.

However, even on crycurex's own thread (the one he is not moderating) there were many people posting good things about cryptorush, for whatever that's worth.
ozzymax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:12:51 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you Sad. If anyone else has complaints about crycurexcom please make be known here so that we can get the attention of mods to stop letting him spread his scammy site here on the forums.

Community is the most important thing when it comes to altcoins and this kind of thing is very destructive to the community.

Thanks, I feel more sorry for you, it was only 100 Coyne,Koi,Coxe or what ever that shit coin is called now a-days that went astray. It was the only place that had it listed but I was following the guy's posts and something didn't sit right with me from the get go, so I sent him some joke coins to see what would happen. again sorry for your loss and that he tried to shift the blame onto you.
The guy's attitude stinks, he's one of those arrogant cousins from the east trying to make a quick buck with some old obsolete code that he picked up in the village market.

atheistftwins (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:44:09 PM

Just so that everyone knows. He has now LOCKED his old thread because he is being criticized by a large portion of his customers. Since his new thread is self-moderated, he will not allow anything negative to be stated on that thread. If you have a bad experience with crycurexcom, please post here so that we can get the mods to see it and delete his new thread.

He will try to censor people in order to continue scamming people. For the good of the community we can't let him get away with doing that!
atheistftwins (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:12:51 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 05:05:18 PM by atheistftwins

He is trying to add new coins to his site to expand the number of people who he can screw over...

This is unacceptable!
One Six

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:25:25 PM

I did 2 or 3 trades in Crycurex. All under 0.5 btc. Everything worked fine but withdrawal took nearly 12 - 15 hours (made me nervous!) to reach my personal wallet.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:41:49 PM

You know after seeing posts like this over and over again I am beginning to think that BCX is correct about Theymos removing the alts section. The Altcoin section should be on another forum with dedicated moderators and more sub forums.

atheistftwins (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:28:14 AM

I did 2 or 3 trades in Crycurex. All under 0.5 btc. Everything worked fine but withdrawal took nearly 12 - 15 hours (made me nervous!) to reach my personal wallet.

You were one of the lucky ones then, there are many who have had their coins just disappear into the ether (not saying everybody who used the site lost their coins). The point I'm trying to make is that if your coins do get lost somehow, the admin will not help you at all and his site is very unsecured so it is very likely to happen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: