Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCLOG.COM: Looking for community managers  (Read 883 times)
btcbaby (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2011, 06:30:16 PM

If anyone is interested in joining btclog.com as a community manager now is the time.  Compensation will be around 1BTC a day to start.  To start we need to implement a basic knowledge base.  Think bitcoin.it light in forum post format.  Skills you should have to start:

- Be a senior member here
- Have some experience blogging and a solid command of the English language
- Know how to helpful and remain civil both on and offline

Join btclog.com and PM btclog if you are interested.

Best,

Travell

http://www.btclog.com/uploads/FileUpload/e6/9cc97eb4c91db1ec5fb30ca35f0da8.png
Write an excellent post on btc::log and you just might win 1BTC in our daily giveaway.
btc::log is the professionally managed and community moderated Bitcoin Forum
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2011, 10:32:35 AM

Our traffic and members list is growing pretty fast, however we still need more contributors.  If you have a Bitcoin related project or business now is a great time to join btc::log.

Write an excellent post on btc::log and you just might win 1BTC in our daily giveaway.
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2011, 07:08:17 PM

Our traffic and members list is growing pretty fast, however we still need more contributors.  If you have a Bitcoin related project or business now is a great time to join btc::log.

16 posts is not a sizable enough metric to judge growth rate ... just joined, looking and poking around a little bit. Love the choice of Vanilla.

btcbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 01:05:48 AM

Our traffic and members list is growing pretty fast, however we still need more contributors.  If you have a Bitcoin related project or business now is a great time to join btc::log.

16 posts is not a sizable enough metric to judge growth rate ... just joined, looking and poking around a little bit. Love the choice of Vanilla.

Yeah, more people reading than writing, hence the call for thought leaders.  We didn't just choose Vanilla, it's hosted by the Vanilla guys.  At this point we are pretty much talking to them every day to make btc::log a great place for discussion.  The real advantage of our platform is in relationships.  You can have a private conversation between two people and then invite others in to have a meaningful engaging experience.  We also have pretty powerful features for community members to promote their projects and services.  Community voting at the core keeps both individuals and the community at large honest.  There are currently over 30 registered members on the site, we are growing fast.  I've tried to build awareness while trying my best not to be spammy. 

I personally value bitcointalk.org and I'm a card carrying member.  btc::log also believes in choice and differentiation.  I'm mainly focused on providing a worry free environment going forward that will scale as does the Bitcoin community at large.  I've committed to paying for professional management and I also donate my mining profits to the btc::log community.  Promotion services for Bitcoin related businesses may be one option to offset costs in the future, but we aren't counting on it.  Bitcoin may never become more than an international, viable version of Western Union. That's huge and that's what it is NOW!

Currently we're running a daily raffle that pays 1BTC to the most interesting original discussion of the day.  We're thinking of changing that to the most interesting post per week and paying out 7BTC instead.  I think that might be more compelling and competitive. We'll hear what the community has to say. 

Long story short, if I told you there was a site where you could win XBTC just for showing up a lot of people would give it a try. If you have something cool to say you can make some coin and meet some friends RIGHT NOW on btc:log.  currently we require registration.  We want to make sure the log works for the core Bitcoin community before we open it up to the unwashed masses Wink

Best,

Travell

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: