Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:13:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SWAG] IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SWAG! DO YOU HAVE IT? LAUNCHED  (Read 28660 times)
dedicatedpoolcom

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:04:19 AM

I'm not sure how that will all play out. I'm a pool operator and my concentration is on the pool itself and making sure I provide a good scam-free environment for people to mine.  We'll need to wait for the developer to respond to your questions.

I think the developer overlooked the low diff of the coin and this is the core of the issues - this can be fixed in an upgrade tomorrow I believe.    However everthing else about the coin is perfect and I love it.

Hope this helps!

http://dedicatedpool.com
Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
admin@dedicatedpool.com / IRC on freenode #dedicatedpool
http://dedicatedpool.com/images/l.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
linuxshibe

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:05:25 AM

It says "And if you drop it like its hot in the first 2 days you get extra SWAG, first day pays out 3600 SWAG per block, day two pays out 2700 SWAG per block and day three pays 900 SWAG per block. "

But all blocks are 450 already ... ??   Roll Eyes    Roll Eyes

For now, I leaving again. No value add for committed launch miners!

Let me take a second to explain exactly what happened.  

The server wasn't the problem.  We were sitting at 20% cpu usage, and all other pools had no issues during the time.

The issue was to do with the coin's starting diff of 0.03.  There were over 1000 blocks every few minutes trying to be submitted to the coin daemon.  The bitcoin coindaemon cannot account for this, and ends up freezing up completely.  This caused lots of blocks never to be submitted.  In this type of situation, there was only two ways you could of mined this coin at the start.  1. Solo mining, or a 2. small pool.

Regardless, we had to wait for the developer to force the diff up to 0.06 before the coin daemon would even start to respond properly.  Once it started to respond blocks started being accepted as normal, however it was still too fast for stratum/mysql and the daemon.  A common stratum issue arose where the blocks and shares were submitted out of order.  In fact, the daemon decided to randomly drop a block every so often too, yet still end up submitting in to the blocks table.  This compounded the issue with false blocks in the table, causing MPOS's crons not to execute properly.  In essence - the entire database was corrupted.  

I spent a good few hours repairing in in real time while miners continued to mine the coin.  When I went in to #mpos for a bit of advice, I met other pool admins that were mining SWAG at the start with the exact same issues with the database.  Now again, this is caused by the low starting diff of the coin, compounded by the high amount of miners at the start wanting to mine it.  The coin itself is fine - just new coins should always start at a difficulty level of higher than 1.0.

I am disappointed by some of the comments people posted on this forum.  You guys are worse than grannies in a sewing circle when you get together.. the rumours run wild with little regard to logical thinking.

Binaryclock/dedicatedpool has never lost a database, and has always been able to recover from issues.  ALWAYS.  Don't be so quick to toss us out the window next time.  You should know this by now.

Anyways, I hope this helps explain things.

Now that the original rush of low diff is out of the way, it's time to concentrate on the coin itself.  If any pool operators had database corruption from the low diff 0.03 starting, please contact me admin@dedicatedpool.com or on IRC #dedicatedpool.com.  I will be more than willing to help you repair your database with what I've learned from my night repairing mine.

TL;DR - coin had a low diff 0.03 starting - daemon/mpos/stratum couldn't keep up with rate of blocks submitted.  database corruption - but was fixed.  New coins should always have a 1.0 diff starting.  But now that's out of the way, lets move forward and mine this baby.

So basically, the launch of this generic clone-coin that already had nothing to set it apart from the others was royally messed up and yet, you still expect people to move forward and invest their time in this?
Frobisher

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:07:36 AM

DUDE! It's SWAG!!! I'm investing in it. I am awaiting the day I can buy SWAG with SWAG! SWAG is cool, it's not just some BS pump&dump from what I can tell.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:08:32 AM

Mined from start until now with 1.8 mh/s in the pools (dedicated pool had highest priority), and have 4,600 coins. How did it went for you guys?
michielnl

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:09:50 AM

INTRODUCING... SWAG 2.0 / SAWGG
Improved, better, sexier, such wow, much rewards, more nice...
Bigger, bolder, rougher, tougher, in other words sucker, there is no other...

Hi, is it an idea to relaunch this as an improved coin, say SWAG 2.0 or SWAGG, with improvements included?
And also including the (promised!) increased rewards in the first days?
I guess a lot of miners would jump on board!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:10:12 AM

it's not just some BS pump&dump from what I can tell.

Right. Pump it up!  Grin
adoalli

Activity: 646
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:12:12 AM

shit coin

dedicatedpoolcom

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:12:40 AM

So basically, the launch of this generic clone-coin that already had nothing to set it apart from the others was royally messed up and yet, you still expect people to move forward and invest their time in this?

I don't expect anyone to do anything they are not willing to do themselves.

There was nothing stopping you from solo mining at that low diff, was there? Smiley

Look I'm just a pool operator trying to give my side of the story of what happened.  If you want to mine it,then that's great because going forward there won't be issues now and it has a bright future.  If you don't want to mind it, that's okay too - you are not forced to.

Personally I'm not so quick to throw people to the dogs.  Things happen and you have to roll with it sometimes and look positively on the situations.

Hope this helps! Smiley

michielnl

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:15:06 AM

OK, you got my interest. Now I am listening.
Please share your revelations and insights on this innovative coin with Unique Selling Points ;-)
Lutomysl

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:18:55 AM

i think dedicatedpool knows what hes talking about. this guy works 23/24 to bring you good pools with new coins.

i think 99% of people complaining here are people who are ignorant and couldnt do any better.

people complaining this coin have nothing new to bring are wrong...
new developers will now know to never start with a diff lower than 1 and now the devs around knows the deamon cant process such low diff.

this is how a community grows stronger.

thanks for the coin and thanks for the pool
Frobisher

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:19:22 AM

OK, you got my interest. Now I am listening.
Please share your revelations and insights on this innovative coin with Unique Selling Points ;-)

For one it could blow up big in the hip-hop community. Second it has a cool name.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
michielnl

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:22:18 AM

OK, I must admit, there are some interesting meanings to "swag"  Grin

SOURCE: https://www.google.nl/#q=swag

heee

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:28:23 AM

First off all We all learned a lot from this release.
and there for it was a good thing to experience, my worry was that the database server not able was to keep up came reality.. but the trouble stone was unexpected
The daemon was completely overrun and ifact DDosed out of operation.By the success of dedicatedpool itself.
There are multiply ways to solve this in the future like small pools or Multiple pools and a start with a higher diff or/and start solo the first day.
That’s cool.
Now its up to the Dev’s how they Gonne resolve the release issues
And for the admin @ Dedicatedpool my respect! You got some skills son! You did the right thing and got us through this shit storm  really fast 
0btc

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 06:35:58 AM

Somehow the DNS for http://swagcoin.p2p.0x0a.nl:52653 is propagating backwards at certain places. If you're having trouble, use http://swag.p2p.0x0a.nl:52653 instead; it points to the exact same IP, was part of the same exact DNS edit, but somehow seems to lead a different life in terms of propagation. If the URL works for you, your miner will connect correctly as well. Of course you can also use the IP version: http://149.210.168.71:52653 ..

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
dedicatedpoolcom

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:36:35 AM

First off all We all learned a lot from this release.
and there for it was a good thing to experience, my worry was that the database server not able was to keep up came reality.. but the trouble stone was unexpected
The daemon was completely overrun and ifact DDosed out of operation.By the success of dedicatedpool itself.
There are multiply ways to solve this in the future like small pools or Multiple pools and a start with a higher diff or/and start solo the first day.
That’s cool.
Now its up to the Dev’s how they Gonne resolve the release issues
And for the admin @ Dedicatedpool my respect! You got some skills son! You did the right thing and got us through this shit storm  really fast 

hey thanks a lot!  That's much appreciated.

The main thing is for developers to set a semi-high diff for release.  Like at 1.0 diff.  At 1.0 diff the coin daemon will be able to handle all the submitblocks and won't cause issues.

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:41:23 AM

i have mined on your DEDICATEDPOOL.COM and got 80 coins in two hours wtf ? It show daily of 13000 SWAG on my speed.Doesn't look like  will get that many coins.
Gushers

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:42:25 AM

Guys ive never solo mined in my life can someone teach me how to solo mine this coin using cgminer?
xtreme1280

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:52:41 AM

i have mined on your DEDICATEDPOOL.COM and got 80 coins in two hours wtf ? It show daily of 13000 SWAG on my speed.Doesn't look like  will get that many coins.
Yeah I have over 30,000 accepts and still have no coins and not even any showing unconfirmed or confirmed.  So basically over 2 hrs and 0 coins with close to 800kh's.  Glad I left my other rig mining other things.
dedicatedpoolcom

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:59:14 AM

Yeah I have over 30,000 accepts and still have no coins and not even any showing unconfirmed or confirmed.  So basically over 2 hrs and 0 coins with close to 800kh's.  Glad I left my other rig mining other things.

I find this very odd.  Please contact me via email, pm , or IRC.  We were a but bbehind with processing confirmed coins, but you should have coins by now for sure!   Contact me so I can look in to the issue.  Are you sure you are mining on the correct port?

dedicatedpoolcom

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:00:44 AM

Guys ive never solo mined in my life can someone teach me how to solo mine this coin using cgminer?

Gushers!  Great idea for a new educational video.  I'll try to make one in the next day or so!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: