Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:46:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fate of Satoshi, a Bitcoin graphic adventure [BUY thread] [CrowdF + Equity]  (Read 10578 times)
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:07:21 AM

what do you mean sign a message?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 12:19:39 AM

what do you mean sign a message?

txid b1ca54ced73e0f9c9fc57cf0c4e0f4115c50c7101c5f3a7426d20420cf7bc9f3
refund 19cvuCCHrr5TQv6mtDwxJz711BVZ9XuPke

sig HOjsBOtvUnWQF/s7YKsTTaH3w9YVhoLwKepyjdgW7sjmJhP9s0sw9SB8fQ4dAIX6CsJjuYnXEXBFcZVV4g9XyHE=
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:59:20 PM

Can you give an update on amount funded and stuff ?
( I hope you guys get enough before the due date )

I've been investing in tonnes of Ponzis and HYIPs and failing  Sad

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
Voodah (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

Can you give an update on amount funded and stuff ?
( I hope you guys get enough before the due date )

I've been investing in tonnes of Ponzis and HYIPs and failing  Sad

Hey there,

We're currently at 3.9 BTC out of the ~12 initial target.

I'm sorry I haven't posted these last few days, we're working hard on getting the site up and the teaser video (it's taking a couple days longer than we hoped). We'll hopefully have all of that ready in two or three more days, and will relaunch the remainder of the campaign both here and Reddit as well (it's only here so far). More PR articles are also on the hold until we have this new stuff, so as to give this a good bump as we enter the remainder month of the campaign.

As Loaded said: Expect (more of us in the next few days !)

jambola2
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 06:23:14 AM

Wait, why exactly do you have it limited to a date in March ?
Why not keep open the campaign till until this sells ?
Thanks for your prompt replies,
Jambola2

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 08:13:37 PM

How's the fundraiser going? Seems dead :/
btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:42:06 AM

Any update on whatz happening here ? Have we got enough funding

RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 03:32:49 PM

Did voodah go missing?
Voodah (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:51:29 PM

Heya,

Nope, just out for the weekend, sorry I couldn't answer sooner guys.

We're still working hard and putting lots and lots of night hours on the video, site and a first small gameplay version; but essentially I'm having everything on hold here until we can finish those things and reboot the campaign in Reddit to a greater audience. We extended our timeframe (from this past weekend) on this so as to have as most as we can ready for this Saturday 1st, on which we're going to the Bitcoin Hackathon here in Buenos Aires and presenting there as well (everything should be ready by then, except maybe the gameplay demo).

This is also (to a lesser extent) to let the current Gox crisis settle down a bit. We are finding most people very unsure of what to do right now and reluctant to go about investing at this (quite) particular moment.

Rest assured, there'll be no goxxxing here.

bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:26:50 PM

Sorry. i like your idea but i feel its a bit skeptical to invest on something that will lunch in july and who knows what kind of sales it will have. so i have a few question. Maybe these question are answered somewhere else but i need to ask them.

Who :
Who are you guys? i see that you posted a little information, but you are still very anonymous. Who are you ? Who is you partner? Do you have a company registered ? Does this project have anything registered? facebook? twitter?

What:
What exactly am i buying if i go with tier II option. %0.1 percent of what? Game sales ? whole company?
How will i be legally bonded to this shares?  How will i know i will always own %0.1 percent times each share? what will stop you guys from giving up and not paying us? How will we see what the actual sales margin are? If you go big and start having accessories sold such as games controllers, graphic cloth wear ,etc are we still going to be considered as owner of %0.1 shares?

Why :
Why should i invest. I know this is a harsh question and every project is a vision to the developers but i need you to give us your hindsight. Why do you need the money? if you so confident in your game and its design why not borrow from relatives/banks and own it %100?

Where:
Where do you see your self, the company and the game 6 months, 1 year, 2 year and and possible 5 years from now? Again, this is probably a harsh questions but i will need to know how far of a vision you guys have. Where is the limmit?

How:
How are you prepared to push this to mass market? How is your team going to push for this to get to reach the above goals?

thanks you. will be watching closely and waiting in anticipation for your answers. Please try to be as much detailed as possible
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 12:04:47 AM

bitwho is certainly living up to his namesake.
Voodah (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:39:45 AM

Sorry. i like your idea but i feel its a bit skeptical to invest on something that will lunch in july and who knows what kind of sales it will have. so i have a few question. Maybe these question are answered somewhere else but i need to ask them.

Who :
Who are you guys? i see that you posted a little information, but you are still very anonymous. Who are you ? Who is you partner? Do you have a company registered ? Does this project have anything registered? facebook? twitter?

What:
What exactly am i buying if i go with tier II option. %0.1 percent of what? Game sales ? whole company?
How will i be legally bonded to this shares?  How will i know i will always own %0.1 percent times each share? what will stop you guys from giving up and not paying us? How will we see what the actual sales margin are? If you go big and start having accessories sold such as games controllers, graphic cloth wear ,etc are we still going to be considered as owner of %0.1 shares?

Why :
Why should i invest. I know this is a harsh question and every project is a vision to the developers but i need you to give us your hindsight. Why do you need the money? if you so confident in your game and its design why not borrow from relatives/banks and own it %100?

Where:
Where do you see your self, the company and the game 6 months, 1 year, 2 year and and possible 5 years from now? Again, this is probably a harsh questions but i will need to know how far of a vision you guys have. Where is the limmit?

How:
How are you prepared to push this to mass market? How is your team going to push for this to get to reach the above goals?

thanks you. will be watching closely and waiting in anticipation for your answers. Please try to be as much detailed as possible

Hey bitwho,

I don't want to be rude here, but what you're asking is for me to re-write the whole proposal here, which it seems you have not read at all.

If you are even 10% serious on considering investing here (or anywhere else), please take the 10-15 minutes required to go through, read, and understand all the available information (full proposal, answers to questions in both threads, interview, etc). This is a very important good practice and part of your due-diligence when considering this or any other investment.

Please do not take this the bad way, but you ask for "as much detailed as possible" and yet haven't even read the proposal; that's where all the details are !

I will gladly answer any questions you put forth after reading the whole thing.

Thanks and please understand. It is in no one's best interest that I save you the 15 min of doing so by retyping everything here.

(link to full proposal in my sig btw !)
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:01:29 AM

Who:

What:
How will i be legally bonded to this shares?  How will i know i will always own %0.1 percent times each share? what will stop you guys from giving up and not paying us? How will we see what the actual sales margin are? If you go big and start having accessories sold such as games controllers, graphic cloth wear ,etc are we still going to be considered as owner of %0.1 shares?

Why :

Where:

How:

Hey bitwho,

I don't want to be rude here, but what you're asking is for me to re-write the whole proposal here, which it seems you have not read at all.

If you are even 10% serious on considering investing here (or anywhere else), please take the 10-15 minutes required to go through, read, and understand all the available information (full proposal, answers to questions in both threads, interview, etc). This is a very important good practice and part of your due-diligence when considering this or any other investment.

Please do not take this the bad way, but you ask for "as much detailed as possible" and yet haven't even read the proposal; that's where all the details are !

I will gladly answer any questions you put forth after reading the whole thing.

Thanks and please understand. It is in no one's best interest that I save you the 15 min of doing so by retyping everything here.

(link to full proposal in my sig btw !)

ha. its fine. we are dealing with money here so i don't mind. that being said. is there any other threads i missed?

The reason i posted those question is because i wanted to reinforce any information i did not understand or that you lacked off providing. You might think you have given us a lot of info but you have not cover some basic detail. mostly the shares. We want to help you and we want to believe in this. You are giving us a slice to you pie. But you need to specify how we will eat it!.
Give us some more additional information that we can feel comfortable enough to feel like this is an opportunity.

I did went back and read it once more. This time i will tell you what and how i understand your answers to my question should be  based on the info you have posted so far.

• Who: me and my brother. maybe some other guys if we pay you via this IPO
  • What: i will be paying you upfront for a game or a game + maybe some shares(shares that have no information on how it will work or how i will own be owner of them)
  • Where: I had a successful previous indie game so it should be considered to notice that this will totally be a success. There is no future set plans except that we will work hard for this game.Note that this is  a good thing, to see a dev that wants to fight hard. But i don't see any form of future plans of attack. (guy, i made a "successful" game once. So give use some support money and we will make this bad ass game. oh and get this... it will be about satoshi! you know.. bitcoin)
  • How: Right now, it is too difficult to work on this project so we need some income. Once we receive founding we will try to hire proper stuff. its too hard and too much work to work on it solely as it is at a good paste. If we receive this IPO-prepaid income we can stop everything else in our life and focus only on this game  (seriously guys, support us so we can stop working at a pizza parlor and work on this multi-billion-dollar game that will educate the world about bitcoin)
(this text in paranthesis is a mocking explanation of how i understanding of what you are telling me)

haha so i might have exaggerated a bit, and on purpose too. that is because i want to you to get a bit overworked and really get the mind working. i want you to angry start replying me back and prove me wrong.
[/font]
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

bitwho brought up a question, as to the shares, I own a single one, so at 0.1%, I make 0.1% of the profit that the game makes across the platforms it's sold on? So if you made $10,000 in profits off of the game in the first month, I would recieve $10 worth of BTC? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
bitwho
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:21:01 AM

i believe that is what OP is saying , my question is how? and how will we get paid dividends at each sell. what if this game keep selling every week, every month? every year?. How can we check the sale revenue? are we only to depend on your word? there is no info. Only buy one share and receive %0.1 You can't just do that. you need to show and prove how we will get rewarded on helping you now at tough times
Voodah (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:28:25 PM

ha. its fine. we are dealing with money here so i don't mind. that being said. is there any other threads i missed?

[...]

haha so i might have exaggerated a bit, and on purpose too. that is because i want to you to get a bit overworked and really get the mind working. i want you to angry start replying me back and prove me wrong.

Thanks for understanding !

---

Yes, you are mostly right in your self-answers but without the hint of sarcasm Smiley

Who: me and my brother. maybe some other guys if we pay you via this IPO

Yes, this is correct !

---

What: i will be paying you upfront for a game or a game + maybe some shares(shares that have no information on how it will work or how i will own be owner of them)

No maybe. If you buy a share you get what's stated:

Quoting from the proposal:
+ Tier II: Equity shares + Full game pre-order + early access copies
490 shares total, worth 0.1% of the game each.
You can get as many shares as you want.
1 game copy per original shareholder (not share!)

The blockchain is the proof that you own them. If you control (ie. can sign a message from) the priv key of  the address used to buy the share, you own the share. This is in a similar fashion to what 2nd gen protocol coins are doing (MasterCoin, Nxt, XCP, etc). It has been suggested by many that I try to use the Counterparty protocol to issue the shares and as a first use case for them; but I've looked into it and think it's still too fresh for us and maybe dangerous for our investors (it seems they would only be able to get divs paid in XCP)

As for the how, again I quote from the proposal:
All of the game’s sales income (excluding the Equity sale itself) will be split among us (51%) and the Equity holders (49% total, 0.1% per share, 490 shares), in the form of monthly BTC dividends to the address used for payment. From release and till the end of times.

---

Where: I had a successful previous indie game so it should be considered to notice that this will totally be a success. There is no future set plans except that we will work hard for this game.Note that this is  a good thing, to see a dev that wants to fight hard. But i don't see any form of future plans of attack. (guy, i made a "successful" game once. So give use some support money and we will make this bad ass game. oh and get this... it will be about satoshi! you know.. bitcoin)

Regarding this, please check out this answer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437004.msg5144759#msg5144759

and also maybe the interview:
http://bitscan.com/bitnews/item/a-first-for-bitcoin-a-video-game-with-bitcoin-at-its-core

---

How: Right now, it is too difficult to work on this project so we need some income. Once we receive founding we will try to hire proper stuff. its too hard and too much work to work on it solely as it is at a good paste. If we receive this IPO-prepaid income we can stop everything else in our life and focus only on this game  (seriously guys, support us so we can stop working at a pizza parlor and work on this multi-billion-dollar game that will educate the world about bitcoin)

Yup, pretty much spot on ! Smiley

We're not trying to hide anything here..

---

And your later post:
i believe that is what OP is saying , my question is how? and how will we get paid dividends at each sell. what if this game keep selling every week, every month? every year?. How can we check the sale revenue? are we only to depend on your word? there is no info. Only buy one share and receive %0.1 You can't just do that. you need to show and prove how we will get rewarded on helping you now at tough times

This is mostly answered above (from the proposal) but again, it is %0.1 profit share in monthly BTC dividends, forever (games usually have a life cycle of no more than a couple years, but regardless).

All information regarding the shares, sales and everything will be made public (it already is in the blockchain) in our website coming very soon (next weekend).

There is no way for us to prove anything at this point because nothing happened so far, and there's no way for us to prove the future other than our word. I don't really know what you're referring to or what you're expecting in that sense.

Ultimately, it is like any other investment, where you have to assess if it can be done, if you trust the people doing it and whether you think it's a rather good idea.

There's no securities for us either in that sense, we just believe in it and are willing and wishing to put the time and effort to make it happen.

I hope that mostly answers your doubts, but please let me know any others you might have.

Voodah (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:31:31 PM

bitwho brought up a question, as to the shares, I own a single one, so at 0.1%, I make 0.1% of the profit that the game makes across the platforms it's sold on? So if you made $10,000 in profits off of the game in the first month, I would recieve $10 worth of BTC? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Yes, this is correct !
RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 12:34:39 AM

Yes, this is correct !
Meaning that for investors to make their money back the game needs to make at least $50,000 in profit.
jambola2
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 07:30:26 PM

If they sell the game for even 5$ , I'm pretty sure they can easily sell 10k copies.
This seems unlikely to fail if funding goes through.

Anyways , can you provide any updates on the selling ?
I see under 4 BTC in the equity address.
From January 28 , it seems that 45 days would be ending soon , under a couple weeks or so.

Before you had commented that you'd be done by March.
Any updates or release plans ?

Thanks for prompt responses Cheesy

Jambola2

RGBKey

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 11:08:26 PM

Bumping because there's been no updates on this.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: