Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:16:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHY DID ETHEREUM DROP ALMOST 10% TODAY?  (Read 191 times)
ETAINPOWER (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 10:40:56 PM

Ethereum is currently trading around $515, down 8.49 percent over a 24 hour period at press time.

Earlier this month, TrustNodes reported that EOS spent around $950 mln in ETH over the previous 30 days, according to a third party analysis of data from crypto data feed Santiment. Today, TrustNodes writes that around 180,000 ETH was traded in one hour on Bitfinex, as opposed to the 20,000 ETH per hour usually recorded by Bitfinex and exchanges GDAX and OKEx.

TrustNodes suggests that EOS is the party trading the large amount of ETH, as they note that EOS has spent $1 mln in ETH four days ago, and today the number is raised to around $1.4 mln.

Etherscan shows that wallet address marked as EOSCrowdsale still has around 200,000 ETH, and wallet address marked EOS-Owner around 916,000, together equaling over 1.1 mln ETH.

According to data from CoinMarketCap, Bitfinex has traded in around $238 mln in ETH over a 24 hour period at press time, while OKEx is less than half of that at around $104 mln, and Huobi at around $98 mln.

Source : https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereums-price-drop-possibly-due-to-large-eth-sell-off-by-eos-report-says

what are your thoughts on the recent huge drop in the price of Ethereum lets get a discussion going.

The information above was from the site listed we did not write those statements.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MyIdeas

Activity: 734
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:08:57 PM

Ethereum is currently trading around $515, down 8.49 percent over a 24 hour period at press time.

Earlier this month, TrustNodes reported that EOS spent around $950 mln in ETH over the previous 30 days, according to a third party analysis of data from crypto data feed Santiment. Today, TrustNodes writes that around 180,000 ETH was traded in one hour on Bitfinex, as opposed to the 20,000 ETH per hour usually recorded by Bitfinex and exchanges GDAX and OKEx.

TrustNodes suggests that EOS is the party trading the large amount of ETH, as they note that EOS has spent $1 mln in ETH four days ago, and today the number is raised to around $1.4 mln.

Etherscan shows that wallet address marked as EOSCrowdsale still has around 200,000 ETH, and wallet address marked EOS-Owner around 916,000, together equaling over 1.1 mln ETH.

According to data from CoinMarketCap, Bitfinex has traded in around $238 mln in ETH over a 24 hour period at press time, while OKEx is less than half of that at around $104 mln, and Huobi at around $98 mln.

Source : https://cointelegraph.com/news/ethereums-price-drop-possibly-due-to-large-eth-sell-off-by-eos-report-says

what are your thoughts on the recent huge drop in the price of Ethereum lets get a discussion going.

The information above was from the site listed we did not write those statements.
Today the market was mix, even for bitcoin the market was mix. the price of bitcoin in some times of the day was good and for times of the day it dropped a little. For other coins, some of the coins raised a few percents while some coins dropped a few percent. Ethereum was also among those coins which dropped around 10%. But it is just a little drop and it will recover sooner do not worry for that small percent drops in your portfolio.
adi1972

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:15:11 PM

Can anyone tell me why all coins have almost the same price trends even though they have very different algos.

BTC is the initiator it seems. When it rise, every other crypto coin rises. Very predictable.

So if BTC becomes $500k as predicted by some, can I say EOS or Eth and all other coin will increase in value exponentially too?

Or am I are lead to believe the fluctuation is independent. The price graph trends says otherwise.

Go to sites like Coingecko and see the graph trends in one page. Looks more or less similar.
VanDeinsberg12

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:17:39 PM

There are more tha 1 millions ethereum remaining.  It's around 500 millions dollar again, and as you can see that https://www.ccn.com/eos-ico-approaches-4-billion-after-year-long-crowdsale/
4 billion has reached by the team to develop a crap blockchain with common spesification. I can do that to create a new one for free lol
That doesn't make sense to create a blockchain with 4 billions.
Ether only need 16 millions to create a big ecosystem right now.

.......[url]CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS...........[URL].....►  C O M I N G   S O O N.....
ETAINPOWER (OP)

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 11:19:20 PM

Can anyone tell me why all coins have almost the same price trends even though they have very different algos.

BTC is the initiator it seems. When it rise, every other crypto coin rises. Very predictable.

So if BTC becomes $500k as predicted by some, can I say EOS or Eth and all other coin will increase in value exponentially too?

Or am I are lead to believe the fluctuation is independent. The price graph trends says otherwise.

Go to sites like Coingecko and see the graph trends in one page. Looks more or less similar.

The thing is  BITCOIN and ETHEREUM have trend changes similar to stocks because the market is driven by people in both cases if everyone sees an increase in one crypto currency or ICO they think hey I should invest in others and vice versa when their is a drop in the price of BITCOIN or ETHEREUM this especially in the Blockchain market causes similar fluctuations across the board.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:15:08 AM

There are more tha 1 millions ethereum remaining.  It's around 500 millions dollar again, and as you can see that https://www.ccn.com/eos-ico-approaches-4-billion-after-year-long-crowdsale/
4 billion has reached by the team to develop a crap blockchain with common spesification. I can do that to create a new one for free lol
something special, if eos need 4 billion to build their blockchain and ethereum only 16 million then that means blockchain eos 250 times from blockchain eth. wow, it will be the biggest and most expensive blockchain and I can not imagine it.
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:58:32 AM

From what I can deduce from what you said that means EOS team are the ones crashing the price of Ethereum or what, for me, I don't know what people expect, when all these developers collected millions of Ethers, they need to sell, I think the pressure from ICOs is having significant effect on the price of Ethers
SPINPIX

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:51:32 AM

Yeah you are right, probabilly the one of the causes of this dump is the EOS team, they raised an huge quantity of ethereum during their ICO and now they have to sold for pay their expenses, in my opinion that's dangerous because they can manipulate the market like an huge whale

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
aragom

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 06:19:55 AM

thanks for information.
i read it on twitter too, eos team will sell large eth in this week. i am waiting to go eth under 500 dollars in this weekend. because there are big buyers when eos is selling eth in last 3 days but on weekend there will be no big buyers and eth will drop
Crypto_Train

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:23:05 AM

Correct, All altcoins are pretty much measured against BTC. So as long as the the altcoin, say NEM for example stays the same compared to BTC and BTC goes up 10x then in $$ wise NEM would be worth 10x more. Even thou it's still the same value compared to BTC.
Glory90

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:34:43 AM

if the news is true, it means that Ethereum got two pressures in the past few days, the first is market correction due to Bitcoin prices and the last is price pressures due to ETH's big sales from the EOS team, it's amazing for Ethereum because the market gets big pressure but its price just down less than 9%

something special, if eos need 4 billion to build their blockchain and ethereum only 16 million then that means blockchain eos 250 times from blockchain eth. wow, it will be the biggest and most expensive blockchain and I can not imagine it.
I think the amount of fund allocation doesn't guarantee Blockchain will be strong and in fact, Ethereum is still the biggest Blockchain App Platform to date

▰▰▰   Ex-Bounty Hunter   ▰▰▰
Crytocoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 281

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:35:21 AM

EOS is going to sell. In conclusion, all projects have cash needs to meet others.
adamlillian

Activity: 459

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:39:43 AM

I think investors have no confidence in ETH and sell them off. That is the simplest reason we can know.
Strong fluctuations are normal in the Crypto market. Or we can see that is a market manipulation action.  Grin

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:56:54 PM

Now the price of Ethereum is again start to increase.The price crossed the value of 570$,this increase the investors in Ethereum.Ethereum is the top most crypto currency and next to bitcoin.In a month , price of Ethereum is doubler from 410$ to 800$.Their will not huge drop in the price of Ethereum

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:34:47 PM

Yes. It's all based on BTC. You'll notice almost all of the alts will make moves when BTC does. There's a couple of coins that will do weird things every now and then, but for the most part, they all make moves when Bitcoin does. You are exactly right to believe that it's the indicator.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:43:28 PM

The drop was normal however I am surprised that we are at the ATH for ETH shorts on Bitfinex.

Honestly I assumed there was some insider trading going on and on Tuesday there was going to be a report out saying that "ETH is a security" and most exchanges could no longer trade it.

Its still on the table since ETH was actually an ICO even though its POW now. Bitcoin is fully POW since Satoshi mined the first block.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:15:59 PM

Yes. It's all based on BTC. You'll notice almost all of the alts will make moves when BTC does. There's a couple of coins that will do weird things every now and then, but for the most part, they all make moves when Bitcoin does. You are exactly right to believe that it's the indicator.
That is exactly how it works - Bitcoin leads, others follow! At any rate, discrepancies cannot be ruled out because these changes in price do not happen across all coins instantaneously and that is one reason the cryptomarket is always ripe for arbitrage trading.
BattleZeo

Activity: 350

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:51:40 PM

Someone said EOS crashes the ETH. But the main reason why coins are falling is bitcoin. Bicoin falls , every coin follows. EOS is just one of element making ETH to fall even severe.

NIuok

Activity: 109

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:34:43 PM

Today is the real 10%. Today is June 11, 2018. Today is a waterfall. This is really exciting. I think it may continue to decline! How to do it? Do you have a good way?
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:07:07 PM

Others said it is because of bitcoin value who goes up and down results for the ethereum to drop.

Base from the marketing knowledge I learned here are the reasons why.

1. It is because of the investors its ethereum or bitcoin tbis is the same reason why.People buy coins and sell.
They trade coins and come up to the decisions of holding.

In general
The value of market moves many people do this the same time

1)They Hold.
2) They Buy.
3) They Sell.
4) They do day trading.

Also the prices of coins got its supply and demand not just in foods also in coins.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: