Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:58:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin exchanges?  (Read 695 times)
Salavator (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 09:19:39 PM

Are all the major exchanges basically exactly the same or is it worth finding out the best one for you (what is the best one?)?
Also can an exchange such as Mt.Gox be trusted with my money in an account or are their any problems with that?

Thanks in advance.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 09:20:50 PM

please indicate your exchange preference. i am new here.
RunningTotal

Activity: 13

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:27:12 AM

Are all the major exchanges basically exactly the same or is it worth finding out the best one for you (what is the best one?)?
Also can an exchange such as Mt.Gox be trusted with my money in an account or are their any problems with that?

Thanks in advance.
Well, you're mostly right here. Still there are some different types of exchanges through not many. www.otcexchange.net is an example of what we've done in order to provide bitcoin community with more options. It's based on peer-to-peer concepts so there's no deposit-trade-withdrawal scenario at all. Thus it could never end up with scam like russian btcex.com did, or a tremendous rollback that mtgox shown to us just recently.
Jessica

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 11:17:28 AM

You can also trade Bitcoins with trusted members here on the forum, if you aren't intending to trade frequently.
steak-knife

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:44:31 PM

Use the exchange which has the easiest funding/withdrawal method for you. If the exchange has a bank account in your country it makes everything must faster.
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 14, 2011, 10:59:16 PM

BTC/USD trading I like
www.exchb.com
and
www.campbx.com

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: