Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:15:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US goverment to start mining bitcoins!  (Read 2917 times)
Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:07:49 PM

CONFIRMED...lol  Grin

But for real, did Mr lee just recommend that the US government start mining Coins to defend the network?
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 3836

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:20:08 PM

Watch out for that 'unknown' pool Wink
Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:26:23 PM

For real, we don't need the government mining bitcoins or any other coin for that matter. Its only going to push us small time miners overboard, drowning in our sorrow because the diff keeps jumping 100%.

Embarrassed
alwayzgame

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:39:05 AM

this post is shit it aint gonna happen

buying btc
Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:26:26 PM

You have no clue what you are talking about!

Many times over the last few days I have heard that the government mining bitcoins is the only real way to make sure that the network is secure. An attack on the network can be done today for a few hundred million bucks. I know that sounds like a bunch but one unhappy bank or CC company can attack the network without flinching. A few hundred million is nothing to a bank with trillions.

ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:57:22 PM

Many times over the last few days I have heard that the government mining bitcoins is the only real way to make sure that the network is secure. An attack on the network can be done today for a few hundred million bucks. I know that sounds like a bunch but one unhappy bank or CC company can attack the network without flinching. A few hundred million is nothing to a bank with trillions.

Where are they going to get the hardware from?
Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:08:58 PM

Where are they going to get the hardware from?

That's a great question. I have been wondering this myself since the latest hearings.
I can only assume they will get them built from one of the huge chip guys out there.

All I know is that time and time again over the two days of testimony I heard the speakers suggest that the only way for the network to be truly secure is if the gouv gets behind it and starts working to secure it and its future.
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:00:54 PM

CONFIRMED...lol  Grin

But for real, did Mr lee just recommend that the US government start mining Coins to defend the network?

Hello !

What is your source of information ?
If your news are real, then the price of the BTC should rise above $1000 next week.

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

CONFIRMED...lol  Grin

Hello !

If your news are real, then the price of the BTC should rise above $1000 next week.

Charles Lee the creator of LTC suggested it at this weeks senate meeting. As well as the chick in the third group of speakers on day 2.

ITS CONFIRMED!
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:09:20 PM

CONFIRMED...lol  Grin

Hello !

Charles Lee the creator of LTC suggested it at this weeks senate meeting. As well as the chick in the third group of speakers on day 2.

ITS CONFIRMED!

Care to share any link?
djarot

Activity: 350
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:31:06 PM

CONFIRMED...lol  Grin

Hello !

ITS CONFIRMED!

- Charles Lee Statements at the New York Bitcoin Hearing Day 1 Panel 2 Jan 28 2014
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 01:50:55 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 04:37:52 PM by Gator-hex

Pure speculation, but is the UK government already mining Bitcoins?  Wink

Cex.io is a registered UK LTD company on Threadneedle Street, the same street as the Bank of England, in the City of London where all the old money banks are located!

The (Secret) City of London http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrObZ_HZZUc

Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:23:42 PM

Pure speculation, but is the UK government already mining Bitcoins?  Wink

Cex.io is a registered UK LTD company on Threadneedle Street, the same street as the Bank of England, in the City of London where all the old money banks are located!

The (Secret) City of London http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrObZ_HZZUc

And the US government owns the "undefined" part of the hashrate. Waiting for a right moment to use there 51% share.  Cheesy
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:30:46 PM

My guess is they were mining it long before most people on here had heard of bitcoin.

Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:59:07 AM

CONFIRMED...lol  Grin

Hello !

ITS CONFIRMED!

- Charles Lee Statements at the New York Bitcoin Hearing Day 1 Panel 2 Jan 28 2014

Thanks for the link, and hm....missed the word "suggested".  Tongue
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 11:08:06 AM

CONFIRMED...lol  Grin

yes he did I saw the panel interviews.. and don't worry several governments around the world already have elements that are mining bitcoins etc. china probably being the biggest.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Bobsurplus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:33:40 PM

My guess is they were mining it long before most people on here had heard of bitcoin.

Care to elaborate on that a bit?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:06:43 AM

Yeah yeah and Greenspan is actually Satoshi  Cheesy
SnakeEater

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:33:28 PM

BTC is useful to resolve infinite FIAT problem between countries.

FOREX, FIAT, BTC, Alt crypto, commodities should have technologies converged and linked to real physical world.  New digits are not mined but a record of input from reserve from real world rather than mining.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:04:25 PM

It's more likely part of this company's 'virtual office' which is in that building.  Anyone can get a fancy address through these guys.

http://www.beoffices.com/our-products/virtual-offices/virtual-office-locations/london-city/threadneedle-street
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: