Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:03:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check XMR wallet balance w/o installing anything?  (Read 338 times)
dd2017 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:01:11 AM

I'm curious if there's an online resource that can tell me my XMR wallet balance by just the public key / address?

I know that I can install XMR GUI wallet for that, but it has two major drawbacks:

1) I need to actually download and install software when all I need is the balance.

2) Once installed it tries to download what appears like the entire blockchain that may take days with my connection. And I'm not talking about wasted space on the hard drive needed for that.
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:35:22 AM

I'm curious if there's an online resource that can tell me my XMR wallet balance by just the public key / address?

I know that I can install XMR GUI wallet for that, but it has two major drawbacks:

1) I need to actually download and install software when all I need is the balance.

2) Once installed it tries to download what appears like the entire blockchain that may take days with my connection. And I'm not talking about wasted space on the hard drive needed for that.

you can use whats called a "block explorer"
you can find one for most any coin
one for Monero is here:  https://moneroblocks.info/
enter your public addy (payment ID) in top right to check your balance Smiley

no dl's needed

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
dd2017 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:39:07 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I went to https://moneroblocks.info/ and used my public XMR address and it gave me this:

Uh-oh

For a moment there it seemed that you were trying to peek into this Monero address:
<public address>
No?

Hmmm... it really looks like you were, like, trying to check out this dude's balance.

Well,

Monero says 'No'!
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:42:03 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. I went to https://moneroblocks.info/ and used my public XMR address and it gave me this:

Uh-oh

For a moment there it seemed that you were trying to peek into this Monero address:
<public address>
No?

Hmmm... it really looks like you were, like, trying to check out this dude's balance.

Well,

Monero says 'No'!

ohhh, ya monero has like private addys and public addys i believe, maybe you entered a private one? 
tbh, im not very versed on monero, i dont use it as i have no need for it
sorry if i was a bit off there on being helpful Tongue haha

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:43:15 AM

No monero doesn't work that way.  You can't see an address balance from an explorer.  

https://moneroblocks.info/search/48yDNRSRSE68GD3hn1yGdHWPej1dkxEf539DPdjUN3tBg6vpAi3bJeiGZQoLBNXPPS8R9B3t1NoBEFZDQ5J36z4LDCCCQuX

You might be able to do it on mymonero.com

toptek12

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:53:01 AM

try
mymonero.com

https://mymonero.com/#/

it's a online wallet that lets you see other wallets i think i use it , it has seeds and Private keys.

Nothing to download.

you have full control over it.

dd2017 (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:23:24 AM

@not.you: that link you posted gave the exact same message like I showed above. Do you not see it? Is it just me?

@toptek12: f*^k. Do I really need to create an account just to see my XMR balance? (I have too much spam in my inbox already.)
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:34:34 PM

@not.you: that link you posted gave the exact same message like I showed above. Do you not see it? Is it just me?

I think we posted right about the same time so I missed your quote but the point is that it is doing exactly what it is supposed to.  As I said, monero doesn't work like that.  You cannot check the balance in the block explorer.

Also you do not need to create an account on mymonero.com, you would just login using one of the options (if you can, meaning if you have the info it is asking for). 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: