Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Racks  (Read 166 times)
sockoloons (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:01:20 AM

Does anybody have recommendations with regards to racking? Is there anything I should pay attention to when deciding between racks?

Looking for large scale solutions, so supply would be a plus.
userghost

Activity: 284
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

Costco, Sams, Restaurant Supply Depot, and Ace Mart have had the best selection of racks for me to choose from for my mining operation. I have heard of others having success at Home Depot. Costco is where most of mine have come from and I am happy with them.
sockoloons (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:42:54 AM

Costco, Sams, Restaurant Supply Depot, and Ace Mart have had the best selection of racks for me to choose from for my mining operation. I have heard of others having success at Home Depot. Costco is where most of mine have come from and I am happy with them.

How big is your mine? I’m looking for racking for more than 1000 units. Do they have that type of availability?
userghost

Activity: 284
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:48:17 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 10:22:03 PM by frodocooper

How big is your mine? I’m looking for racking for more than 1000 units. Do they have that type of availability?

For that quantity, Ace Mart and Restaurant supply depot are your best bet as they can handle that easily. The shelving is commercial grade also, so its a higher quality than other places.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:58:33 PM

I helped build an entire 5mw datacenter using home depot racking. It does the job but if you are looking larger scale I would look at the secondary market and used racking. Its much cheaper and easier to get in bulk. I have 20 mw worth of machines on used racking from an old warehouse.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
BitcoinboyBlog

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:59:13 AM

For my mini-farm, I use these https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-5-Shelf-Shelving-Casters-Black/dp/B0727YYPR2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1527908289&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=metal%2Bshelves&th=1 and they work perfectly for my needs
sockoloons (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:43:06 AM

I helped build an entire 5mw datacenter using home depot racking. It does the job but if you are looking larger scale I would look at the secondary market and used racking. Its much cheaper and easier to get in bulk. I have 20 mw worth of machines on used racking from an old warehouse.

Where can I find these secondary markets?
ccgllc
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Math doesn't care what you believe.

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:39:57 AM

Highly suggest buying unistrut and just designing your own.  Home Depot has a similar brand for about $16 for a 10' length.  You can use normal 1/2" bolts, lock washers, and nuts and not have to buy their rip-off priced ones.    That is what I did and ended up with (4) 10' racks, (5) shelves each, spaced ideally for miners, that you could stand on it you wanted too.  Price wise, it was similar if not cheaper than anything else I found when you figured the cost/foot out.

Mined for a living since 2017.  Dabbled for years before that.
Linux admin since 0.96 kernel and Slackware distributions on (4) floppies...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: