Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Problems: Lack of regulation creates a risky environment.  (Read 554 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:17:11 PM

Risky for those who aren't keen on researching before placing their money on any investment. So far, I haven't seen an experienced trader get scammed or lost it all way back when there literally isn't a single regulation in place for bitcoin, so that means it's still on the end-user to see for himself where he is putting his money and whether or not he'll get scammed or not. Fair and just regulations are already being rolled out by several countries all around the world, so it could spell less worries for those who only invests mildly yet still want to profit big.
The OP isn't only referring to Bitcoin. He meant the whole cryptocurrency stuff. Don't tell me you haven't lost any cash investing in an ICO that later went shitty or that you never bought already existing coin only for price to nosedive and you are currently bag holding that coin waiting patiently for price to revert? Come on, you weren't born a trader with that skill set. Nobody was. We all learn from experience. And I believe you too.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:33:18 PM

I agree, to this "topic statement", and I feel that there has to be some sort of regulation in this space, to bring some sanity to it at some point, but most importantly for people, institutions and or exchanges to be held accountable in cases where they should. However, there is every chance of the "very influential" to manipulate any sort of regulations to favor them, and not allow the market work naturally - this is something we have to guard against.
ajuelnah akun

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:37:43 PM

What rule do you mean? What are government regulations? I think no one can give a rule against bitcoin even though it is a government or a big institution. If what you expect is security for holders or bitcoin users, I think the main thing to note is the security of your personal wallet key.
Wise responsibilities and thoughts are also required for every user and bitcoin holder to avoid abuse and crime.
teterinal

Activity: 83

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 03:02:57 PM

It was made to be decentralized and not be controlled by any authority.

It is just risky for those that do not have the effort to learn and get the necessary knowledge about bitcoin before investing. It's an SOP to get to know what you are investing in so that you won't loose your money . right?
andreevaviktoriy77

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 05:17:22 PM

Now in this crypto market poured very large sums of money! There are so many large investors who want to enter this market, but they do not feel the safety of the crypto market! regulation of the crypto market we need, it will attract large amounts of investment! Regulation of the crypto market will allow us to move faster in the development of the global economy and the introduction of a crypto system throughout the world! Already now in many countries have begun the registrations of companies that attract investment, as well as working out new laws for new companies, as well as legalize bitcoin as a cash asset!
ajpandey

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:45:43 PM

Thank you for the explanation.  It really helps the ones who are interested in Learning about Bitcoins. Am interested in Learning about bitcoin and Crypto trading, So I think this forum would be a great resource for me.
ani4

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:00:37 PM

Risky for those who aren't keen on researching before placing their money on any investment. So far, I haven't seen an experienced trader get scammed or lost it all way back when there literally isn't a single regulation in place for bitcoin, so that means it's still on the end-user to see for himself where he is putting his money and whether or not he'll get scammed or not. Fair and just regulations are already being rolled out by several countries all around the world, so it could spell less worries for those who only invests mildly yet still want to profit big.

this.

people don't understand how radically crypto shifts the power back to the individual. But with power comes responsibility; we must be responsible for our security/provisions and research surrounding it all. If you're not knowledgeable about your own "assets", don't expect them to work well for you forever because you are the weak point in the structure.
casternetwork

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:02:53 PM

One of the large problems of Bitcoin as well as the other value-based blockchain network.
Certainly so. Bitcoin can make a profit, but Bitcoin can also take away all the assets we have. In fact, blockchain technology still has a lot of risks. If the blockchain collapses then Bitcoin will also disappear forever

Am I spamming? Report me!
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:42:24 PM

Lack of regulations is the main problem of bitcoins and it keeps investors of bitcoins away. I don't blame bitcoins rather because it is clear of its anonymous features and trying to regulate it won't make it as it is now.
You didn't mean to say that I suppose, because you ought to know better that Bitcoin was created to bypass the governments and its agents - the banks and all was well. Most governments, of course made some moves to ban Bitcoin and the recourse to regulation was merely an after thought,after they found Bitcoin cannot really be banned. Know for sure what majority of them had wished was an outright ban of Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general.
TURBOCottonnmouth

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 10:53:33 PM

I hear, in some countries lack of crypto regulation promotes abuse of power on the part of law-enforcement agencies including theft of coins and mining equipment on the pretext of alleged support for terrorism.
micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:11:00 AM

All the things in technological advancement must be risky, just as it was with the time when James Watt invented the light bulb, many people say that his self is creating something risky.

Bitcoin is also created there is a risk, namely from the ups and downs of the price and the risk is not accepted by the crowd, but Bitcoin is created to be a pioneer of goodness in terms of financial transactions and ease in every sale and purchase.
karinaloren

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:22:24 AM

In many countries the situation is really very unclear. It is obviously one of the most disappointing things about cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin as well. We need some regulations at least to feel protected. Nevertheless, I am afraid that the governments can introduce too strict regulations or even bans. That's why the issue of regulations is rather a controversial one.
hxxxiu

Activity: 68

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:23:54 AM

The lack of regulation of Bitcoin is not a problem. The existence of Bitcoin is not to be regulated. If such a rule is broken, what is Bitcoin and other French currency?...
necessaryyou

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:08:20 AM

The rules are fair and are only being released by a number of countries around the world, but if you mean it is not regulated worldwide then it is the nature of bitcoin because every country will not be easy. Technology and all governments have their own rules, especially the non-coding and electronic money fluctuations.
Flygonz

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:26:08 PM

In this statement that bitcoin problems lack of regulation creates a risky environment it is true if they lack of regulations there’s a possibility of more conflict or circumstances that the company will encounter.
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:37:56 PM

One of the large problems of Bitcoin as well as the other value-based blockchain network.

Once  bitcoin is centralized and regulated  the essence of bitcoin is gone. Bitcoin will not be able empower the poor, will not be anonymous and once this happens the value will also go down in the market and may not be able to survive it.
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:08:17 PM

Any kind of regulation will destroy bitcoin as an idea!
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:38:32 PM

A lot of people did well on bitcoin for almost a decade without regulations. Just need to be extra careful. Extensive research and background checking is a must. Not against regulation. Bitcoin will not become mainstream without regulation.
Bitcoin does not need regulation to become mainstream, do you think that governments are going to do all of that to help bitcoin? Of course not, what we need is that people realize the scam that is the economy and there is no better way to show that than the economy collapsing and that may happen in the next 5 years since the growth of the stock market happened because the FED kept pointing dollars but it seems that is over.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 03:51:17 PM

In terms of economics, a regulation is indeed necessary in order to regulate in order to avoid chaos. However, decentralized bitcoins do run counter to a regulation so that it can not be made to regulate bitcoin. These regulatory issues will continue until agreement between governments around the world and bitcoin developers is not reached.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 04:03:32 PM

lack of regulation is actually one of the reasons the bitcoin has seen some backlash and it is likely that as time goes on the conventional and acceptable businesses will come together to form a cabal and so place some regulations to protect them from the sharks out there at sea. Anybody can be anything but they are on the internet and this is actually a problem dealing with individuals or groups who may have little or no physical presence in reality.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: