Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:19:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacker demand  (Read 97 times)
Mic85saint (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:19:56 AM

https://www.ccn.com/hackers-demand-1-million-in-xrp-after-breaching-two-canadian-banks/

According to emails allegedly sent by the perpetrators, the hackers are holding that data for ransom and will dump it online unless the banks send them $1 million worth of Ripple’s XRP token, which is currently the fourth-largest cryptocurrency by market cap.

is third largest .. not fourth largest.. Grin Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
a2offrb

Activity: 453
Merit: 101

RISE WITH RAYS FOR THE FUTURE

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:42:59 AM

Wonderful! Having gone through the link you posted which is so surprising that those perpetrators could be ignorantly allowed to breakthrough based on the Exchangers loopholes known as Back doors into millions of customers data demanding for such XRP randsome. I can though on a lighter mood agreed with you that it is the 4th generation that are mostly dangerous. But on a serious note, that is why Every holders of Bitcoin are highly warned to critically secure their wallets from these Hackers [probably with strong Pass-phrase for encryption] who uses sophisticated machines. Exchangers could implore the usefulness of Hardwares such as Ledger Nano S for instance in securing their Wallets. Holders are equally advised to withdraw their Coins back to their personal Wallets as soon as their transaction with the Exchangers are completed, unless for the Day Traders who believes and trusted the Exchanger they make use of at any point in time.

]–]  Announce  ]–[    RAYS NETWORK    ]–[  Whitepaper  [–[
A Blockchain Based On Customized DPOS And Bulletproof Protocol
[–[   RISE WITH RAYS   [–[  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  ]–]
Mic85saint (OP)

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:55:19 AM

Wonderful! Having gone through the link you posted which is so surprising that those perpetrators could be ignorantly allowed to breakthrough based on the Exchangers loopholes known as Back doors into millions of customers data demanding for such XRP randsome. I can though on a lighter mood agreed with you that it is the 4th generation that are mostly dangerous. But on a serious note, that is why Every holders of Bitcoin are highly warned to critically secure their wallets from these Hackers [probably with strong Pass-phrase for encryption] who uses sophisticated machines. Exchangers could implore the usefulness of Hardwares such as Ledger Nano S for instance in securing their Wallets. Holders are equally advised to withdraw their Coins back to their personal Wallets as soon as their transaction with the Exchangers are completed, unless for the Day Traders who believes and trusted the Exchanger they make use of at any point in time.

interesting info from you.. thanks
but i just dont get it .. why XRP demand instead other ALTcoin which is better like ETH..
Lakshitha1977

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:36:43 AM

This truly is the downside of cryptocurrency, with a decentralized system there will be no way to track the transactions and they can be used for criminal and illegal purposes like this and it is most unfortunate for those who use if for good purposes.No wonder governments are so against this.

Really hope they will be tracked and punished, because these kinds of behaviors forces governments to take really bad decisions against crypto world. and it's not good for us.

ZENODYS.com ││ Making every digital asset just a drag and drop away
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:21:24 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 11:31:53 AM by bartolo

I suppose the media will focus on the fact that hackers ask for a ransom in cryptocurrency and not on how easy it was for the hackers to access this database. The damage to customers is irreversible because even if the bank pays the ransom, nothing ensures that the hackers will not sell the data on the black market to get more money.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:24:50 AM

Those hackers are really dumb! why they do not demand Monero? its non trackable and privacy is at top.
xrp is trackable and they will lock thos coins on blockchain for sure.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:01:04 PM

Those hackers are really dumb! why they do not demand Monero? its non trackable and privacy is at top.

It's the first time I read that a ransom is requested in XRP. Possibly the hackers have read on the internet that the banks are doing tests with XRP and that Ripple is the cryptocurrency of the banks and that's why they have demanded this coin and not another.
ixhlumqe

Activity: 53

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:04:40 PM

Because of the demand for ransom by hackers, the negative news of encrypted currency is often amplified by social media. I don't think this is the problem of encrypting money. There are also many illegal activities using FIAT to pay.
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:05:26 PM

Why do they want XRP instead of other altcoin?
This is a problem that I cannot understand, because it seems better to choose other altcoin, because XRP is a concentrated token.

lmodric

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:16:17 PM

hacker attacks into something scary. and there should be a matching counter to deal with these hackers.
there should be a special cyber army team to protect the crypto world.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:28:00 PM

Grin that's a newbies hackers,  I think he is first person to request xrp for ransom, why don't choose Bitcoin or other anonymous cryptocurrency to prevent police knock their house door and arrest them, I'm sure that even they receive ransom from bank, they also can't use that $$$  Grin
Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

Oh boy! Today's generation really are hooked in to cryptocurrency. Sounds like they wanted to pump XRP in the funniest way 😂 Those dudes might have some friends who bought XRP above $3. Crypto minded hackers loves the potential of cryptocurrency and preferred to be given a ransom in XRP. I cant stop myself smiling when reading that article 😂
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:42:28 PM

Why do they want XRP instead of other altcoin?
This is a problem that I cannot understand, because it seems better to choose other altcoin, because XRP is a concentrated token.
Maybe they want to spread a bad reputation on Ripple, I wouldn't be surprised if some associate XRP with some shady stuff after this event since everyone's loves to spread rumours online, and it could potentially hurt the company's reputation ...but yeah, it's pretty weird that the hackers are demanding an altcoin that not even criminals use for illicit activities, it's also a coin that can be easily traceable.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀