Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:11:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hiring] Full time development position, Cryptocurrency Company NY  (Read 932 times)
CoinHeavy (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:21:47 PM

Reposted from Reddit (original here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1web7s/hiring_full_time_development_position_with_a/)
I know the folks running this company; feel free to post any questions.
-------------------

Hi!

Looking for a developer for to join our cryptocurrency services team.

A little background - we are a small but established User Experience and Design firm in NYC who has been quietly working on a new set of services for the Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency communities. We are passionate about the space as a whole and have noticed that polished, professional and well-thought-out user experience and design is largely missing in this marketplace. As we have a team specialized in just that, we saw an opportunity to contribute and started working quietly to construct a team and build out a first set of key services.

We are looking to hire a developer immediately to join the existing team and help bring our first set of services to the public. We are extremely excited as we feel this will be a great offering for the community as a whole and could help make cryptocurrency markets more accessible and easier to work with for everyone from causal observers to active professionals.

Some key information about the role:

• You will be working with the existing development team, which contains high level (staff/principal) engineers from major technology companies.
  • You will also be working with an exceptional user experience and design team to dream up, design and refine products/services.
  • This is a full time salaried position. Starting salary is modest as this is very much a bootstrapped effort; however it is a consistent paycheck with all the infrastructure necessary to focus on building great work (nice office, awesome team, extensive bourbon collection, etc.), and can grow quickly as services come online.
  • You would primarily be working with Python / Git / AWS / App Engine / EC2.
  • As part of the team is already remote, our strong preference is for someone who can work out of our office in NYC (located just a few blocks from both the NYSE and the NYC Bitcoin Center).

You can read the full details here anvilandgear.com/jobs, or message me for more information. Happy to answer any questions.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1web7s/hiring_full_time_development_position_with_a/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc_dev

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:23:23 PM

Hire me  Wink

How much u can pay ?
virtuexru

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

litecoin!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:33:00 PM

I'm a high level Python developer currently in NYC that works for a startup. HIRE ME! I HATE IT HERE.
virtuexru

litecoin!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:37:17 PM

I was going to apply but this sounds like a JR developer position and no equity kinda doesn't get me in the mood to join a startup. Good Luck.

Also this, if there's no equity you can go fuck yourselves
virtuexru

litecoin!

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:43:26 PM

I was going to apply but this sounds like a JR developer position and no equity kinda doesn't get me in the mood to join a startup. Good Luck.

Also this, if there's no equity you can go fuck yourselves
*facepalm*

No! Some of us around here deserve equity for the work we have done in bitcoin, I am whale. Right now for me personality I need my time to be a little sweetened, it takes a lot of me to get on a train (I am in NY) and go to an office, and make stuff happen! BUTTTTTTTTTT this is a perfectly great job for a college kid that wants to get into crypto-scene, and see what we are about or maybe is in the crypto scene and wants more. Or even people that want to see the startup life style is about. Please don't twist my words.

What? I'm agreeing with you. You think you are the only "whale" around here? Pfft. The current startup I'm at I have a large equity stake in.
CoinHeavy (OP)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:43:34 PM

Equity is definitely on the table.  This is an early stage startup and there would be multiple projects.  I believe the idea is to begin development work on some of the low hanging fruit and then negotiate equity upon starting larger endeavors once there has been a chance to evaluate quality of work and synergy with the team.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: