Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ALERT] BitcoinEXpress says Solidcoin is next  (Read 3586 times)
Cosbycoin (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:32:40 AM

Found this on the namecoin forum. It would appear that BitcoinEXpress blames all of his actions on Smoothie exposing him exploiting the code on the GG network. He also says solidcoin is next on the list.

Smoothie my friend,

Well quite honestly I liked the ArtForz exploit so much after blasting Geist Geld to the tune of 20,000 blocks in 73 minutes that I decided to accept an offer from a Bitcoin Super Coder and Moderator to use my well known mining fire power to test the ArtForz Exploit. The ArtForz Exploit has evolved quantum fold since it was posted. We've been testing on GG for the past 24 hours, the creator Lolcust is aware to some degree.

51% is irrelevant now, more hashing power only increases the speed at which it can be done. As little as 25% can still be effective. With more than 51% we can re-write the chain in real time. At more than 51% we can also stop the chain, pick a point, fork and confirm transactions very rapidly.

Actually Smoothie you are the one that publicly outted me on the 20K blocks, making the chain useless for me in any exchange setting. So blame yourself for me accepting a certain moderator's offer.

We are giving Namecoin ample time to mount a defense, part of the test is to see if you can mount a defense but rest assured, Checkpoints will do you no good or Merged Mining for that matter. Merged mining has a flaw so blatant I cannot believe it is actually being launched. ArtForz has been warning you guys about this for months.

Some are saying I am full shit, I wouldn't bet on it. We have demonstrated this to the right people. There's a reason Bitparking and Ruxum are clearing there exchanges of BTC as we speak.

They aren't stupid people. I do believe even Gavin is taking this seriously as he is well aware of the exploit and knows that with as little as 2-3 Tera-hashes Bitcoin could be a target. We will not steal a single BTC and since Namecoin more than likely will not survive this, we won't be taking any NMC either.

If it is any consolation, yes Solidcoin is next.

~BCX~

So because you didn't get to make your profits off of geist geld you are going to attempt to do it through namecoin? Don't blame me that you couldn't keep your mouth shut when asked if you raped the geist geld network. You are the reason you couldn't profit it from it. Because of your asinine greed you disallowed profit from coming from it.

NOTE: Funny how you ask DoubleC to create an exchange for GG but then you go and make plans to kill some of the revenue that is made through his namecoin exchange by attacking namecoin. Hilarious.

Dude I made money off of the other alt-chains but I never, and I repeat, NEVER advocated destroying any of the networks in such a manner.

You say that this is going to benefit bitcoin and that it is to gather information for research purposes but as someone on the alt-forum said you are contradicting your motives here because a test and an attack are two different things. You openly admit to attacking the namecoin network to see how much of a defense the namecoin network can amass, which is not research.

Research is done on test subjects not real live networks in which people are a part of.

Given your track record you are in it for the profit and will only be in it for the profit. I am not your friend given that you are showing everyone in the cryptocurrency community(s) that you are purely in it for the control/power/profit/destruction.

As the poll asks, IMHO, you are a bigger douche than coinhunter.

At least coinhunter was consistent. You on the other-hand flip flop with your "motives".

Profit is one thing, destruction is a totally different animal. Thats the same difference between profiting from being smart with consumers/customers and A-bombing your competition just to wipe them off of the planet because it is good for business for you.

As you admit many times, you don't believe in any of the chains including bitcoin, thus defies your claim that this is for the benefit of bitcoin.

You are full of BS!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 04:50:14 AM

stop spreading fud please, you should change you nickname if you don't want ppl to get personal on you after last days attack on forums, just a thought

edit: pls post source links too not only extracted text

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:51:35 AM

Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:52:21 AM

stop spreading fud please, you should change you nickname if you don't want ppl to get personal on you after last days attack on forums, just a thought

It isn't fud. Here is the link: http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=299&p=1911#p1911
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 05:01:53 AM

It isn't fud. Here is the link: http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=299&p=1911#p1911

FUD == Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:03:04 AM

Where is the Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt?

I call it fact.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 05:08:20 AM

I call it fact.

Fact = a thing done or performed - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:11:47 AM

I call it fact.

Fact = a thing done or performed - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fact

Sure looks like they typed all of that right?
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:31:21 AM

*Lolcust is away to make himself some BitcoinEXpress accounts on Solidcoin forums*
:-P

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:11:17 AM

Oh noes. Quick everyone sell your SolidCoins before they are worthless!!!  Grin

Unlike _every_other_chain_ SolidCoin will be the first to solve the 51% problem. Wouldn't really matter if it gets attacked, it will just stop the network temporarily as we move to include the fix, restart the chain from a valid point, everyone keeps their coins and we will be secure from all known attacks. In a way it would be good for the true SolidCoin supporters as the threat will likely weaken the price allowing them to get more coins before the restart.

SolidCoin is still in it's fledgling state so having the network shutdown for a few days isn't exactly that big a deal (unlike say BTC). But for namecoin/btc/i0/ixc I think this new issue is certainly the start of some interesting times... and it's just the beginning as I have identified other issues that can be used against them. And if I have it's likely others will soon too. I have no interest in attacking other chains though as I'd rather have the better product and "win" through that method. People hacking other chains do so because they don't have the skills to make a more secure chain, otherwise they'd be like me making one. Artforz, etc , have been in the bitcoin scene for over a year now and done nearly nothing to improve it. All artforz did was take some other guys opencl hashing code and use it to mine coins, pro styles there eh.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:14:04 AM

Unlike _every_other_chain_ SolidCoin will be the first to solve the 51% problem. Wouldn't really matter if it gets attacked, it will just stop the network temporarily as we move to include the fix, restart the chain from a valid point, everyone keeps their coins and we will be secure from all known attacks. In a way it would be good for the true SolidCoin supporters as the threat will likely weaken the price allowing them to get more coins before the restart.

SolidCoin is still in it's fledgling state so having the network shutdown for a few days isn't exactly that big a deal (unlike say BTC). But for namecoin/btc/i0/ixc I think this new issue is certainly the start of some interesting times... and it's just the beginning as I have identified other issues that can be used against them. And if I have it's likely others will soon too. I have no interest in attacking other chains though as I'd rather have the better product and "win" through that method. People hacking other chains do so because they don't have the skills to make a more secure chain, otherwise they'd be like me making one. Artforz, etc , have been in the bitcoin scene for over a year now and done nearly nothing to improve it. All artforz did was take some other guys opencl hashing code and use it to mine coins, pro styles there eh.

Read:  I'm scared, please don't break my chain.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:36:43 AM

Dang viper, you're just full of anger recently aren't ya. Angry at Bit, Arf, and even lil ol' me.

It doesn't suit you very well.

johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:40:38 AM

Oh oh I gotta be apart of this one  Grin

Sign me up

CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 08:00:08 AM

Do you even think about what you post? You will simply find a "Valid" point and restart the chain LOL
What about the block chain between the "Valid Point" and the actual point of attack? Just screw those blocks huh?

Well the exchanges, pools, etc will be notified and nothing will happen. You'll be working on a chain no one supports? Anyone past that point will know their coins are worthless so will stop accruing them. As soon as you generate just a few blocks it will be obvious and emails sent. You better work fast maestro!!

Here's a little something for you to chew on since Solidcoin has the exact same flaw as Geist Geld launched yesterday.

Except it's a little harder with SC isn't it? Checkpoints, higher difficulty, etc. BTC is also vulnerable to the same thing so not sure what you're trying to prove here.

With ArtForz exploit (before we optimized it) I was able to run the difficulty down to 0.6 in seconds, hold it there while I mined 20,000 blocks in 73 minutes without a single orphan. The chain creator Lolcust was powerless to stop it and no one but me could generate blocks. What would happen if I was able to hold Solidcoin down to a difficulty of say 4 and mine it for three days at 200-300 GH/s without orphans. You would be dealing with a block storm for days for starters as well as multi-forked chain.

Oh wow, you artificially lowered the difficultly on a fledgling chain at already low difficulty. Congrats. If only your mother gave you a bit of praise now and then you wouldn't be looking for a tiny amount of internet notoriety eh. lol.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 08:00:46 AM

OK Slimebag,

Challenge accepted  Grin

Do you even think about what you post? You will simply find a "Valid" point and restart the chain LOL
What about the block chain between the "Valid Point" and the actual point of attack? Just screw those blocks huh?

Here's a little something for you to chew on since Solidcoin has the exact same flaw as Geist Geld launched yesterday.

With ArtForz exploit (before we optimized it) I was able to run the difficulty down to 0.6 in seconds, hold it there while I mined 20,000 blocks in 73 minutes without a single orphan. The chain creator Lolcust was powerless to stop it and no one but me could generate blocks. What would happen if I was able to hold Solidcoin down to a difficulty of say 4 and mine it for three days at 200-300 GH/s without orphans. You would be dealing with a block storm for days for starters as well as multi-forked chain.

Yes I would start selling off my Solidcoin, the only good advice you've given lately.

I hope people realise you work for the bankers...since you admitted it yourself. The only people who want to wreck *coins by the way.

People need to think long and hard about this guys motivation and who his paymasters are.

Cosbycoin (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 08:02:04 AM

I hope people realise you work for the bankers...since you admitted it yourself. The only people who want to wreck *coins by the way.

People need to think long and hard about this guys motivation and who his paymasters are.

Where did he admit this?
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 08:03:23 AM

If only your mother gave you a bit of praise now and then you wouldn't be looking for a tiny amount of internet notoriety eh. lol.

Oh CH.  Sometimes I think you like the taste of your own feet.

Spacy

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 12:41:45 PM

I don't understand why BitcoinEXpress is posting so publicly... Maybe he is making illegal actions and could be prosecuted...
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 12:49:51 PM

Solidcoin shutting down till a fix for 51% attacks is developed. http://solidcointalk.org/topic/211-solidcoin-shutting-down-at-block-35250/
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 12:51:01 PM

I own a bunch of Namecoins, and yet I welcome this attack for the benefit of Bitcoin.

As long as the original block chain is backed up, the only thing this attack can do is cause a temporary disruption.  No matter how it is framed, the attack consists of nothing more than creating something that the Namecoin (or whatever client) will accept as being better than its block chain.

The solution, in all cases, is to get the software to reject these undesirable creations.  And there are many ways to successfully accomplish it.  Off the top of my head:

• Hardcode the rejections into the client
  • Allow the user to enter rejections themselves (e.g. copy and paste a digitally signed message)
  • Allow the developers and/or other trustees to publish signed checkpoints on the block chain, using a weighting scheme that disfavors one individual having too much control

No matter what your chain and what your attack, the most effective long-term countermeasure anyone can deploy is to simply take regular backups of the block chain and hold on to them!

I would be interested to see Artforz's predictions come true, on how merged mining and checkpoints won't work.  At least with a backup, the fix can be achieved and the backup restored, and then Bitcoin is that much stronger.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: