Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:57:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ALERT] BitcoinEXpress says Solidcoin is next  (Read 3583 times)
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:05:10 PM

Solidcoin shutting down till a fix for 51% attacks is developed. http://solidcointalk.org/topic/211-solidcoin-shutting-down-at-block-35250/

How does one guy plan to shut down a p2p network?

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:12:22 PM

Solidcoin shutting down till a fix for 51% attacks is developed. http://solidcointalk.org/topic/211-solidcoin-shutting-down-at-block-35250/

How does one guy plan to shut down a p2p network?

you answered your own question...

Oh.  I didn't know ya'l let -one- guy call ALL the shots.  Sole 'developer', sure.  But ya'll give that much power?  Holy crap.

Edit: I'm sure this is what CH is thinking right now,

Lupus_Yonderboy

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:35:01 PM

Going after solidcoin might get BCE 51% of the Bitcoin network. Lots of people don't like that chain. While SC going offline is technically a win for Skynet, I think they are only delaying the inevitable. Unless of course you think CoinHunter's l33t skillz can actually save Solidcoin. We see how well he has done so far...
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:34:31 PM

Again do you think about what you post? How in the hell are you going to hit the "off" switch on a P2P network?

Coinbuck @ BTCLot

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 03:40:32 PM

I bet his real name is Christian

Killswitch engaged  Grin

Bitcoin is the future !
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:52:20 PM

The schadenfreude will taste exquisite.
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 04:23:08 PM

The schadenfreude will taste exquisite.

Ahah german.

Bitcoin is the future !
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:48:33 PM

yeah I'm all for freedom of speech and all.. but it is normally reserved for the commons. If anyone really wants BTC to be taken seriously or any of the coins, there really needs to be some house cleaning here.

And yes I do think these people can be prosecuted, all you have to do is prove $5000 worth of damages which isnt that hard. I'm just surprised yall let the childish idiots post here. You know if I was thinking of investing in bitcoin or opening my store up to bitcoin, there is where I would come to learn about bitcoin and if that is a good idea and the way yall let the trolls and hackers attack the place with impunity, wont give anyone a good feeling in their stomach.

I do have a question. WHY DO WE HAVE THE NEWBIE AREA IF WE LET EVERYONE ACT LIKE CHILDREN WHEN THEY GET INTO THE MAIN FORUMS? Spam? REALLY? This place is starting to look like a huge joke.

And No I dont deny that a post or two of mine probably should have been deleted but seriously there are people who should have been banned from this forum long ago. If you want total free speech, make a free speech subreddit, make sure their posts dont show up on anyones "Show unread posts since last visit." and clean the hell out of the rest of the area.

Yes we do need a security subforum, and yes we do need to find out about flaws in the network, but the way these people are exposing flaws is criminal and if yall dont do anything about them at all, BTC is doomed to irrelevance for ever.

mooo for rent
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 04:54:47 PM

yeah I'm all for freedom of speech and all.. but it is normally reserved for the commons. If anyone really wants BTC to be taken seriously or any of the coins, there really needs to be some house cleaning here.

And yes I do think these people can be prosecuted, all you have to do is prove $5000 worth of damages which isnt that hard. I'm just surprised yall let the childish idiots post here. You know if I was thinking of investing in bitcoin or opening my store up to bitcoin, there is where I would come to learn about bitcoin and if that is a good idea and the way yall let the trolls and hackers attack the place with impunity, wont give anyone a good feeling in their stomach.

I do have a question. WHY DO WE HAVE THE NEWBIE AREA IF WE LET EVERYONE ACT LIKE CHILDREN WHEN THEY GET INTO THE MAIN FORUMS? Spam? REALLY? This place is starting to look like a huge joke.

And No I dont deny that a post or two of mine probably should have been deleted but seriously there are people who should have been banned from this forum long ago. If you want total free speech, make a free speech subreddit, make sure their posts dont show up on anyones "Show unread posts since last visit." and clean the hell out of the rest of the area.

Yes we do need a security subforum, and yes we do need to find out about flaws in the network, but the way these people are exposing flaws is criminal and if yall dont do anything about them at all, BTC is doomed to irrelevance for ever.

Exactly how I feel about it.
This forum is doing more damage than good to Bitcoin at the moment.
A lot of FUD, scandals, threats, hacks and other shit going on.

And almost nothing is done about it...

One person, like BitcoinEXpress can close exchanges and drop value of 2 chains, just by posting some FUD here.

And we allow it...
If we want Bitcoin (or any other chain) to survive, we must take drastic measures, or fail...
MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 04:58:07 PM

@Joulesbeef

Newsflash for you.

This isn't the main forum for Bitcoin, infact it is everything BUT Bitcoin, maybe that's why they call it "Alternate Cryptocurrencies" Huh?  Grin Grin Grin

The main BTC forums are very civil. My suggestion is that if you can't handle it, stay out of Alt-Coin section.

Second newsflash for you

This forum, Bitcointalk IS NOT the official forum.

Isn't it nice to work with factual details now?

You just proofed my point.
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:58:19 PM

I very much want an open exposure of flaw discovery.  I'd rather a 'hit pool' be started now while the pool is (mostly) ethical and speed up security development.

MaGNeT
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 05:00:15 PM

Exactly how I feel about it.
This forum is doing more damage than good to Bitcoin at the moment.
A lot of FUD, scandals, threats, hacks and other shit going on.

And almost nothing is done about it...

One person, like BitcoinEXpress can close exchanges and drop value of 2 chains, just by posting some FUD here.

And we allow it...
If we want Bitcoin (or any other chain) to survive, we must take drastic measures, or fail...

The problem Magnet, is that it isn't FUD, I have proven it to the people that matter even Coinhunter.

It's FUD... You are not capable of doing anything... You don't even have 30Ghash.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 05:03:36 PM

Dudes, that is just like a normal process, the rise and fall of an online community it happens every time, though it doesn't die it just changes like all things in life and especially online.

In the mean time enjoy the show. I do - imo SC and to an extent namecoin is just as much cancer to the bitcoin project as trolling. And if you lay back it's not really trolling just a form of mental retardation from an overdose of greed.
You'll get over it.

and once you do you can start doing something useful.
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:04:02 PM

@Joulesbeef

Newsflash for you.

This isn't the main forum for Bitcoin, infact it is everything BUT Bitcoin, maybe that's why they call it "Alternate Cryptocurrencies" Huh?  Grin Grin Grin

The main BTC forums are very civil. My suggestion is that if you can't handle it, stay out of Alt-Coin section.

Second newsflash for you

This forum, Bitcointalk IS NOT the official forum.

Isn't it nice to work with factual details now?

NEwsFlash

Bitcoin express is a childish troll.

News flash, it doesnt matter if this is the official forums, it is where people come.

news flash it doesnt matter if this is the sub forum alt-coin, you still have to go through the newbie section to get here.

news flash you are still doing more harm and this forum is doing more harm to btc and good.

news flash you will probably end up in legal trouble once all your games are done.

news flash this crap sounds pretty childish cause I am emulating a child.

It is nice to work with facts dont you think?

mooo for rent
Coinbuck @ BTCLot

The future begins today

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 05:05:08 PM

What about less talk and more work ?

Bitcoin is the future !
joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:05:32 PM

Dudes, that is just like a normal process, the rise and fall of an online community it happens every time, though it doesn't die it just changes like all things in life and especially online.

In the mean time enjoy the show. I do - imo SC and to an extent namecoin is just as much cancer to the bitcoin project as trolling. And if you lay back it's not really trolling just a form of mental retardation from an overdose of greed.
You'll get over it.

and once you do you can start doing something useful.

thats just retarded to say legitimate competition is just as bad as people hacking the networks and trolling the forums. It really is.

mooo for rent
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:06:36 PM

NEwsFlash

Bitcoin express is a childish troll.

News flash, it doesnt matter if this is the official forums, it is where people come.

news flash it doesnt matter if this is the sub forum alt-coin, you still have to go through the newbie section to get here.

news flash you are still doing more harm and this forum is doing more harm to btc and good.

news flash you will probably end up in legal trouble once all your games are done.

news flash this crap sounds pretty childish cause I am emulating a child.

It is nice to work with facts dont you think?

I do have a question. WHY DO WE HAVE THE NEWBIE AREA IF WE LET EVERYONE ACT LIKE CHILDREN WHEN THEY GET INTO THE MAIN FORUMS?

Roll Eyes

joulesbeef

moOo

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:51:44 PM

roll your eyes if you want, I was just showing you what it looks like when we all come down to bitcoin expresses level. Your eye rolls just proves my point.

and if you look at my past posts on the same subject, you know like the ONE YOU SELECTIVELY QUOTED FROM... YOU WOULD SEE LINES LIKE THIS RIGHT UNDER WHERE YOU SELECTIVELY QUOTED FROM.

And No I dont deny that a post or two of mine probably should have been deleted but seriously there are people who should have been banned from this forum long ago.

I never denied that at times I sunk to the bitcoin express level, even when I am not trying to make a point on how childish it looks. I'm just not a constant child like bitcoinexpress is.

It kinda helps to not selectively quote people, unless you are trying to make people misconstrue what was said, which is mighty childish in itself.

mooo for rent
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: