Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:38:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MEW protection  (Read 105 times)
stasiulman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:58:09 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 01:31:04 PM by stasiulman
Merited by ifirina (3), Cryptoreflector_666 (2)

So many times users asked about myethereumwallet. And, of course, how safe is it.
But since it turned out that the choice fell on it, among other wallets, data protection becomes extremely actual.
1. Avoid phishing links. Do not overthrow them in any way, go directly to mew, and carefully check the address correctness.
2. MEW developers team and support warns about danger possibility. If this happens - refrain from entering the wallet for this time.
3. About DNS hijacking. DNS hijacking does not touch your computer at all. Such an attack is directed to the provider. Do not ignore SSL certificate warnings.
4. Use Metamask, well, or a similar plugin like EAL or Cryptonite. This is a browser plugin that implements the functionality of ethereum wallet. You install it yourself, for example, in Google Chrome, create an account, get an ether address, and you can receive and send ETH. Please note that it is written on the MYW website to install any of these applications for security.
5. You can even increase the security and install AbBlock or Adguard plug-in. Scammers, in our time, use all means for hacking data even throw advertising.
6. Finally you can install the antivirus. Anyone to taste. With Kaspersky be careful.
7. The final point is the keys storage. You don't create an account on www.myetherwallet.com. Your funds are also not transferred there for safe keeping. All data is in blockchain, and this helps users to interact with wallet. Data is not transferred to this site, nor to any other and never leaves user's computer or browser. All actions occur exclusively on user's side. Secure access to passwords and keys. As many said - keys can be stored on paper.
The simplest option, since there is no trust in MEW - do not use it. An alternative is available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
duc4487

Activity: 131
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:06:05 AM

thaks topic,great information for evryone to procted acc MEW,now there are so many hacker and i don't know when i can be hacked so i use 2 acc,mew for acc usally login withsmal eth and some coin and blockchain for my all money,now blockchain is store eth and it can store altcoin with MEW on blockchain,with blockchain it has many step to transfer my money go out my acc,i think authy and the second pass on blockchain is very safe
rezha82

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:10:19 AM

this is a very good thing for us to share because in this way I think our security addres will be hard to deretas and I think with this new protection will make the user more quiet to keep all altcoin them on myetherwallet. then do you use protection like this?
stasiulman (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:51:23 PM

this is a very good thing for us to share because in this way I think our security addres will be hard to deretas and I think with this new protection will make the user more quiet to keep all altcoin them on myetherwallet. then do you use protection like this?

I'm really using all these to protect my data. There is some fear for my assets, and that's fine. We have to follow a number of rules for our own safety.
grknondr

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:20:32 PM

I would like to warn the MEW users about a scam. These days the bounty hunters recieve an email which says that there will be an update on MEW and if you dont want to lose your asset, send your tokens to your new adress. Here is the adress 0x....... Do not believe such stupid tricks.
coinquangkhanh

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:57:40 AM

I also  when joined the airdrop, I avoided projects requiring KYC by addressing the ETH with a message from a website to protect my wallet. Also I save Keystore file, Private key and password in usb drive, CD when I need to connect to computer to use.
Malabarka

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 11:07:51 AM

So many times users asked about myethereumwallet. And, of course, how safe is it.
But since it turned out that the choice fell on it, among other wallets, data protection becomes extremely actual.
1. Avoid phishing links. Do not overthrow them in any way, go directly to mew, and carefully check the address correctness.
2. MEW developers team and support warns about danger possibility. If this happens - refrain from entering the wallet for this time.
3. About DNS hijacking. DNS hijacking does not touch your computer at all. Such an attack is directed to the provider. Do not ignore SSL certificate warnings.
4. Use Metamask, well, or a similar plugin like EAL or Cryptonite. This is a browser plugin that implements the functionality of ethereum wallet. You install it yourself, for example, in Google Chrome, create an account, get an ether address, and you can receive and send ETH. Please note that it is written on the MYW website to install any of these applications for security.
5. You can even increase the security and install AbBlock or Adguard plug-in. Scammers, in our time, use all means for hacking data even throw advertising.
6. Finally you can install the antivirus. Anyone to taste. With Kaspersky be careful.
7. The final point is the keys storage. You don't create an account on www.myetherwallet.com. Your funds are also not transferred there for safe keeping. All data is in blockchain, and this helps users to interact with wallet. Data is not transferred to this site, nor to any other and never leaves user's computer or browser. All actions occur exclusively on user's side. Secure access to passwords and keys. As many said - keys can be stored on paper.
The simplest option, since there is no trust in MEW - do not use it. An alternative is available.
I refused to use MEW after the team split. Now I use MyCrypto. I like this wallet better.
But all these rules must be observed when working with all wallets.
The only exceptions are hardware wallets.

▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬ The Future of Work. Decentralized. ▬▬■ ■ ■▬▬
WhitepaperANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTERYOUTUBE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: