Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:41:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the Entertainment Industry  (Read 1423 times)
bitinlet

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:05:19 PM

Bitcoin is quite amazing actually. To give you some indication of a first hand example (relevant to arts), I wrote a song about Bitcoin and posted it on here a few days back. I posted my wallet digits for tips. I got tips. Think about that. It's like a street performer with his guitar case open. Except it was done on here, virtually.

The fact that artists (I'll use this word, which is more encompassing then musician) can be rewarded directly in real time will change the world. For example, popular music is horrible for good reason: record companies and other middle men. They have separate agendas that tilt artists away from their own ambition and towards the record company (or other parties) ambition. Bitcoin, in a sense, can cut out that middle man. Artists can be rewarded for their work directly. In this day and age, when independent artists can be found, this is huge. There's no need for a middle man. It will improve the underlying product by encouraging the artist to be themselves. 

The other huge reason why Bitcoin will be successful in entertainment and the arts is because it's divisible. You can reward someone a infinitesimal amount. This is huge for burgeoning musicians, for example, or artists, in general. In fact, it's huge for anyone with a cause that could be supported.

Think about how Bitcoin could help crowdsourcing. The list is endless.

"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miketonic

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:24:15 PM

If you look, there are other threads about Bitcoin appearing in TV shows & Movies. Basically, what this does is make people aware that they exist, but does not really inform them. The result will be "Bitcoin? yeah, i heard of that."

Anybody in Marketing will tell you that brand awareness is one of the first steps to potential success.

What leads follow on from "Bitcoin? yeah, I heard of that" is what really interests us.
I agree that increasing awareness eventually leads to some people actually wanting to find out more and possibly getting interested in buying them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: