Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:50:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling one of my Alpha-T 25,000 kh/s Viper ASIC Scrypt miner  (Read 2160 times)
Helix (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:22:35 AM

Hi

I am selling one of my Alpha-T 25,000 kh/s Viper ASIC Scrypt miner, the guys can mine Litecoin (LTC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Infinitecoin (IFC), Feathercoin (FTC), Worldcoin (WDC) and any other Scrypt-based crypto currencies.

These devices are a real powerhouses when it comes to scrypt hashing. To get the equivalent hashing power from AMD Radeon HD 7950's (the current gold standard in Litecoin mining, in terms of power per kilohash/sec) you would need to buy close to 50 cards. Currently the cheapest 7950 sells on newegg.ca for $400 plus shipping plus taxes so your looking at about $469.74 per card... (the recommended manufacture for these types of cards for these types of cards is SAPPHIRE, but their cards sell for close to $500 plus shipping plus taxes per card). Anyway, assuming the cheaper cards, $469.74 * 50 = $23,487 to get the equivalent hashing power from video cards. In addition you would need to buy RAM, motherboards, CPU's, HD's, Power Supplies and Cases to house all these computers... Your looking at, at least 30K basic setup cost plus the headache of designing cases and floor plans for proper heat dissipation and distribution. In addition you may have to call in an electrition (as was my case) to seriously upgrade your homes electrical system. Besides the initial setup cost you'll see SERIOUS savings on your monthly electrical bill, 200w * 50 = 10,000w versus 300w.

Currently the end of Q2 is Alpha-T's targeted release date. I purchased the unit the day the order books went live, so your getting a Batch 1 unit close to the beginning of the queue.

If you have any questions or concerns, I'll be happy answer them...

P.S. I'm selling one of these units only because I've got a bit of a cash crunch going on right now... Pm me if interested...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gamer67

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:56:33 AM

So basically you are only selling a pre-order concept. Your description means nothing really as none of that has even been proven yet because there is no Alpha-T card or even a prototype.

Also your figures are off.

Could the real reason be cold feet ?

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
promithios

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:04:31 AM

cold feet indeed , not to mention the fact the prices op mentioned are blown out of all proportion , there is still not even 1 fact that doesnt show alpha t are a scam
samsonn25

Activity: 882
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:08:55 AM

Start-up Hardware costs seem to be 40-60% and energy used is alot less with the Alpha Card.  Again production is sketchy because I saw one of the prototypes based on fpga technology.

If this is the real deal would be more efficient power-wise.  Hardware wise is a toss up because resale value of the components 6-9 months out are ALOT less than a mining rig with High end cards like R9 290 and nice PSUs.
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:12:20 AM

'IF' is the key word.

The money spent on a pre-order of this vaporware would be better spent getting gear you can actually use now so you can make a ROI.

promithios

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:17:54 AM

'IF' is the key word.

The money spent on a pre-order of this vaporware would be better spent getting gear you can actually use now so you can make a ROI.
agreed , though all it takes to make it start leaning towards being a good investment is some solid proof that its real
ballot

Activity: 969
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:59:52 PM

lol
people accepting preorders of a preorder of a scam lol
lovelorn

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:53:02 PM

No risk of scam you can transfer directly the account! i did it.

Wery easy to verifie
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:36:48 PM

u're selling a pre-order, not a miner , there is no proof yet that miner will ever exist
Helix (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:50:44 PM

So basically you are only selling a pre-order concept. Your description means nothing really as none of that has even been proven yet because there is no Alpha-T card or even a prototype.

Also your figures are off.

Could the real reason be cold feet ?

Basically yah, its a pre-order... The numbers are a bit off, but to my detriment... If you wanted 25 mh/s in GPU's you would spend much more then 30K...
Helix (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:06:51 PM

Start-up Hardware costs seem to be 40-60% and energy used is alot less with the Alpha Card.  Again production is sketchy because I saw one of the prototypes based on fpga technology.

If this is the real deal would be more efficient power-wise.  Hardware wise is a toss up because resale value of the components 6-9 months out are ALOT less than a mining rig with High end cards like R9 290 and nice PSUs.

The resale value I would argue is a real tossup... If you get any kind of drop in litecoin prices... A lot of people are gonna be trying to sell their gear and the market will be flooded...
promithios

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:37:24 PM

what you fail to understand helix , is that most ppl here arent flaming because of you or what you say but becasue the mere product that alpha-t are marketing and claiming to be working on is  rumored to be nothing but a total scam and not really a work in progress , so assuming you are honestly selling a preorder you legitly made , you are actually most probably passing on a scam which was made against you to the next victim that will take it
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:38:16 PM

How much?
Helix (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:55:16 PM

what you fail to understand helix , is that most ppl here arent flaming because of you or what you say but becasue the mere product that alpha-t are marketing and claiming to be working on is  rumored to be nothing but a total scam and not really a work in progress , so assuming you are honestly selling a preorder you legitly made , you are actually most probably passing on a scam which was made against you to the next victim that will take it

I'm not taking anything personally here... And yes, Alpha-t *could* be a scam (I personally don't believe so since I put in my pre-order)... I guess what I'm saying here is, how is this situation fundamentally different from last year with the Bitcoin ASIC's??? It was all a leap of faith on the part of the early adopters... Those who took the risk early made out like bandits, those who waited for proof were stuck with obsolete gear...   
Damnsammit

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:47:38 PM

I'd sell any and all preorders from that company... good luck finding a buyer though...

In other news I am taking pre-orders for a 12GH/s Scrypt ASIC.  Only $120,000.

20 for sale.... come on people, if I can get one preorder, I can rent out a shop and design a website that is more legit than Alpha-T Cheesy
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 08:07:59 PM

I'm not taking anything personally here... And yes, Alpha-t *could* be a scam (I personally don't believe so since I put in my pre-order)... I guess what I'm saying here is, how is this situation fundamentally different from last year with the Bitcoin ASIC's??? It was all a leap of faith on the part of the early adopters... Those who took the risk early made out like bandits, those who waited for proof were stuck with obsolete gear...   

Hardly make out like a bandit with 25MH @ those prices... 
promithios

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:09:47 PM

even then sha 256 asic seemed technologically logical while due to the way scrypt mining works (needing lot more memory etc...) scrypt asics doesnt seem logical till any company presents a prototype that proves otherwise
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:22:00 AM

Here is another confidence booster.

nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:31:06 AM

LOL
do 3 things for me .

Pan out of that picture by about 50 %..

Show me a picture of the doors on both sides of that building

and lastly show me a pic of upstairs from that shot..
( hint i've seen all 3 already)

i am curious did they fixed the broken windows?

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████