Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:25:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Japan's earthquake: 3/11/11  (Read 3122 times)
curator (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2011, 07:44:29 PM

I assume there are a number of supporters/miners/developers in Japan, and I thought it appropriate to start this thread for those who want to leave thoughts and prayers to those affected by the earthquakes and tsunami wave.

Here goes mine:

Heavenly Father,
please grant mercy on the people of Japan,
be a comfort to those who have lost the ones they love,
and give them the strength to rebuild from this catastrophe.
Let them turn to you, Father, to see your grace
given to all creation through your son, Jesus Christ.
In His precious name I pray,
Amen.

----
Also, I don't know if there's a good way to donate bitcoins to help, but perhaps we can build something for the future towards events like these.

Post what you will, you won't change my faith.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 07:41:26 AM

As an individual in an effected area of Japan (well, barely affected, but still*), I just want to say two things. One, thanks for the thoughts. Two, who are you praying too? If there is an all powerful God, that being caused the earthquake and the suffering.

* Am I allowed to start a scam now saying I'm destitute and please give me bitcoin?
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2011, 08:34:04 AM

Japan and all of us need positive thoughts.
Maybe that release of energy at that point in time prevented something even bigger to occur that one cannot even comprehend. There is order behind apparent chaos if we step back. Blaming it on God brings us no where and reflects indifference. Not that we need to feel responsible but one can have compassion for other human beings and earth itself. Your thoughts, words & action all play a role and subtly contribute to the collective future. Thoughts are energy. One way or another, the current system of oppression, illusion, secrecy and control is coming down, smoothly or abruptly. The quicker we work together to transition out the better.

I personally prayed this morning to my Angels and set the intention of focusing positive energy to all of Japan, its inhabitants, nature and the animal kingdom. And so it is.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 09:15:16 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2011, 07:35:44 PM by S3052

Japan needs support.

The nuclear power plant just exploded.

BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 07:25:44 PM

I'm just going to leave this here...

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 07:39:28 PM

Japan needs support.

The nuclear power plant just exploded.

It seems likely that it was a hydrogen explosion from a cooling system, according to what I've read.

And even if it was the reactor core (it wasn't), that is the least of their problems compared to all of the other power plants that are exploding or leaking chemicals, gas leaks, battery acid from overturned cars, etc.
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 07:47:06 PM

Agree.

Japan needs support.

And this is not dependent on what happens or not to the Fukushima plant.

Binford 6100

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

PGP OTC WOT: EB7FCE3D

View Profile
March 12, 2011, 07:57:39 PM

As an individual in an effected area of Japan (well, barely affected, but still*), I just want to say two things. One, thanks for the thoughts. Two, who are you praying too? If there is an all powerful God, that being caused the earthquake and the suffering.

* Am I allowed to start a scam now saying I'm destitute and please give me bitcoin?

https://www.bitcoin.org/smf/index.php?topic=4403.0 <- scam already started, try to hijack it or at least get your fair share before they cash out the funds ; )

to answer your question, i do not pray to gods. good wishes, that may all beings be happy and free from suffering.

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
curator (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2011, 05:39:26 PM

Two, who are you praying too? If there is an all powerful God, that being caused the earthquake and the suffering.

Like I said at the end of my posting, what you say here won't change my faith.  And you're welcome. Smiley

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 02:40:57 AM

I'm not aiming on changing your faith. But I'm seriously interested in who you are praying to, and who (perhaps what) you think caused the 'quakes etc.
curator (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2011, 09:02:10 PM

I'm not aiming on changing your faith. But I'm seriously interested in who you are praying to, and who (perhaps what) you think caused the 'quakes etc.
Feel free to PM me if you are interested in more details.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
March 17, 2011, 12:43:12 AM

Dear Japanese friend, sorry for can't read your nick but I can't read Japanese.

I'm sorry for what happened there and for being total hopeless about helping you out. Living in the other side of the planet and not being rich doesn't allow me to do much more than express my feelings and sorrow for the victims.
A bit like curator, except I've no "imaginary friend" who can go there give an imaginary hand - guess that's one use of God; give a sort of relief from being hopeless. A reason why you can see God always on "perfect business"; if something good happens "it was God", when something bad happens it was... was... I don't have a clue. Imaginary friends doesn't need to be coherent, do they?

Further than that I've to give the Japanese people my best congratulations on their behavior, even within chaos they keep their discipline high, aware that indiscipline would just make the situation worse for all. Certainly a lesson of life and civilization.
Wishes of best of luck with the works on Fukushima and a swift recovery.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: