Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:08:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would going big on Ether early be a wise investment?
Yes - 33 (28.2%)
No - 84 (71.8%)
Total Voters: 117

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All in on Ethereum?  (Read 1315 times)
Jeezy911 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:29:29 AM

I still cant wrap my head around this concept but it sure does have a lot of buzz.

Jeezy911 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:27:55 AM

Ok thanks for the votes I will now follow trollbox rule Number 1.

ThePatient

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:07:53 PM

Which is what? Going against whatever the trollbox consesus is, lol. 
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:28:48 PM

Well the IPO date has been moved. I am hoping they will modify their old IPO structure and reward early investor BTCBTCBTCBTC    
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:37:09 PM

isn't that going head to head with nintencoin?

Mr. T has pity on the 愚か者
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:26:42 PM

http://ethereum.org/
For those curious.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jeezy911 (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:51:25 PM

Andreas Antonopoulos mentioned it in the Joe Rogan podcast 2 days ago, I think we could consider him a "trusted source". And Goldman Sachs involvement hurts the morality of the coin, but is actually a good thing if you look at it from a financial prospective. I don't care if you agree with the concept, I just want to know "will it do well on the market".

Ursium

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

Ethereum

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 02:28:11 PM

"All in" doesn't like a wise investment decision. You should never invest more than you can afford to (easily) lose.

The 'This is a Goldman Sachs project' comments are, while very amusing, totally baseless. Anyone can hear Charles mention in the video that the team is very varied and that 'people who worked' for Goldman Sachs are on the team. - see http://ethereum.org/.

Goldman Sachs, the institution, has nothing to do with the project (duh). On the other hand, having people on board with deep financial expertise is great news, and means we can expect to see smart contracts templates that are immediately useful on decentralized exchanges.

Ethereum Twitter: @ethereumproject - Blog: blog.ethereum.org - Forum: forum.ethereum.org - Github: github.com/ethereum
popinjay

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:01:43 PM

"All in" doesn't like a wise investment decision. You should never invest more than you can afford to (easily) lose.

The 'This is a Goldman Sachs project' comments are, while very amusing, totally baseless. Anyone can hear Charles mention in the video that the team is very varied and that 'people who worked' for Goldman Sachs are on the team. - see http://ethereum.org/.

Goldman Sachs, the institution, has nothing to do with the project (duh). On the other hand, having people on board with deep financial expertise is great news, and means we can expect to see smart contracts templates that are immediately useful on decentralized exchanges.

Keep spreading your lies, they wont change anything.

You're the one spreading lies man.  GS is not 'backing' Ethereum.  Ethereum has some people that used to work for GS, but that's it.

Just like Coinbase co-founder Fred Ersham used to work for GS. Is Coinbase backed by GS as well? Get real dude.
Jeezy911 (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:15:30 PM

I think people are going to make a lot of money on this, but it's always a risk. Everyone is always screaming "copy and paste" "Lightcoin clone". Well here is something that seems genuinely innovative at least.

ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:40:37 AM

I used to work for Godfather's Pizza.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
smeagol
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:49:16 AM

I think people are going to make a lot of money on this, but it's always a risk. Everyone is always screaming "copy and paste" "Lightcoin clone". Well here is something that seems genuinely innovative at least.

Why no?

Goldman Sachs isn't much of a big downturn if there is serious money to be made.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: