Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:41:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SC is dead??? 0,0025$ per SC on btc-e.com  (Read 3821 times)
meelba (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:50:20 PM

After the news http://solidcointalk.org/topic/211-solidcoin-shutting-down-at-block-35250/page__pid__1392#entry1392
about hack attack solidcoin lost 75% in his price.

the one exchange to accept SC today is btc-e.com

moonco.in  is down 
solidcoin24 doesnt accept any SC payments.

Embarrassed   RIP solid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:57:11 PM

We will see what happens next.
joe82

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 02:59:13 PM

0.001$ per SC already

SC is dead but i have 20 000 for sell gonna sell it for 0.002$
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:08:57 PM

[coinhunter_emulation=1]

Geist Geld is the new black!

It's more solid than solidcoin, because it has:

1) Even f4ster blocks! No blocks are faster then our fast blocks! Actually true - blocks are faster in GG

2) Even more secure, VITAL SECURITY HOLES PLUMBED AND PLUGGED !1! (actually, that is a fact, since GG is the first chain to fix a hole that allows a sufficiently massive attacker to "send blocks into the past" thus screwing with retargeting algorithms, though I can't claim credit for the discovery or the fix - all the credit goes to Art )

3) Both pool-friendly and pool-safe, which is at least twice more best than merely pool-safe (has no questionable asymetric retargets, but, thanks to very fast blocks, quickly recovers from even major swings in difficulty due to big boys arriving and leaving)

4) Allows for escrow transactions out-of-the-box! (It really does)

5) Has NTP that is at least bilionteen times better than that seen in i0coin ! (Fact)

[coinhunter_emulation=0]

Ooof, being coinhunter is actually pretty tough... I wouldn't want that as fulltime job...

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:12:48 PM

[coinhunter_emulation=1]

1) Even f4ster blocks! No blocks are faster then our fast blocks! Actually true - blocks are faster in GG

2) Even more secure, VITAL SECURITY HOLES PLUMBED AND PLUGGED !1! (actually, that is a fact, since GG is the first chain to fix a hole that allows a sufficiently massive attacker to "send blocks into the past" thus screwing with retargeting algorithms, though I can't claim credit for the discovery or the fix - all the credit goes to Art )

3) Both pool-friendly and pool-safe, which is at least twice more best than merely pool-safe (has no questionable asymetric retargets, but, thanks to very fast blocks, quickly recovers from even major swings in difficulty due to big boys arriving and leaving)

5) Has NTP that is at least bilionteen times better than that seen in i0coin ! (Fact)

[coinhunter_emulation=0]

Haha, this actually made me laugh

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
joe82

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:14:50 PM

i am pretty sure that 2 weeks is a long long  time in cryptocurrency nowdays..

it's possible nobody will remember solid after this break.
Lupus_Yonderboy

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:15:03 PM

All without firing a single GHash in anger either. Do note that the 'solid'coin network has also lost about 1/3 of its hashing power since that news broke. Shows just how soft it really is.

All Skynet has to do is merely threaten a network for it to collapse. Although I am sure they can bring the pain as promised, it is still interesting the mere threat can do this much damage.
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:23:49 PM

All without firing a single GHash in anger either. Do note that the 'solid'coin network has also lost about 1/3 of its hashing power since that news broke. Shows just how soft it really is.

All Skynet has to do is merely threaten a network for it to collapse. Although I am sure they can bring the pain as promised, it is still interesting the mere threat can do this much damage.

I don't think it was -just- the threat, I think it was just the (large) straw that broke the camels back, as far as confidence goes. There have been far too many ups and downs in SC's short life, I think people are tired of the roller-coaster.

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:33:02 PM

Two weeks is a long time but at least they promise a more robust architecture after this.
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:39:03 PM

If anyone is having trouble selling their SolidCoins the irc channel is buying them at fairly decent prices.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:51:16 PM

Can any of you explain how is this network really getting shut down and what really happens when it gets restarted.
What if 2+ miners keep the rigs running and people do not download hes "new and improved" client?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
CoinHunter

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 03:55:07 PM

Can any of you explain how is this network really getting shut down and what really happens when it gets restarted.
What if 2+ miners keep the rigs running and people do not download hes "new and improved" client?

The existing network is likely going to be hacked and toyed with , anyone wanting to trust their coins after block 35250 will be basically doing it with a prayer. Smiley

The reason people will download the new client is because it wan't be vulnerable to these hacks inherent in bitcoin.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 04:03:52 PM

[coinhunter_emulation=1]

[coinhunter_emulation=0]

More importantly, every statement can be demonstrated to be generally true Smiley

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:00:40 PM

[coinhunter_emulation=1]

[coinhunter_emulation=0]

More importantly, every statement can be demonstrated to be generally true Smiley

why would I want anything to do with your coin when you let hackers hack your shit and download blocks to theri hearts content and an artificially low difficulty?

and you also claim to not know shit about developing and were begging for developers.  I'm not trying to attack you, I want answers? Why would I want to touch geist geld? You dont even have an exchange and people who are antithesis to the entire bitcoin idea, namely hackers, hold the most coins. If you want people to take you seriously, you will have to relaunch, cause very little people will take you seriously after visiting the geist geld thread. No i havent read the whole thing but I got far enough to know I dont trust your coin right now.

mooo for rent
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2011, 05:02:23 PM

[coinhunter_emulation=1]

[coinhunter_emulation=0]

why would I want anything to do with your coin when you let hackers hack your shit and download blocks to theri hearts content and an artificially low difficulty?

and you also claim to not know shit about developing and were begging for developers.  I'm not trying to attack you, I want answers? Why would I want to touch geist geld? You dont even have an exchange and people who are antithesis to the entire bitcoin idea, namely hackers, hold the most coins. If you want people to take you seriously, you will have to relaunch, cause very little people will take you seriously after visiting the geist geld thread. No i havent read the whole thing but I got far enough to know I dont trust your coin right now.

He did relaunch.
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:03:44 PM

Did you read what GG was, or just in flaimin-ragin mode?

Geist Geld is an experimental currency intended to test out the limits of block generation rate empirically, as well as (assuming it does not die due to overly rapid block generation rate) the behavior of a cryptocurrency with (almost) stable generation rate and no upper limit or alteration to supply.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:07:09 PM

The existing network is likely going to be hacked and toyed with , anyone wanting to trust their coins after block 35250 will be basically doing it with a prayer. Smiley

The reason people will download the new client is because it wan't be vulnerable to these hacks inherent in bitcoin.

So what you are saying is you are going to fork the current chain, add some new rules etc and then convert somehow all pre 35250 coins to your new chain?
You mentioned your hidden kill switch Update: It's just a version update message "switch" and can be disabled.

(from http://solidcointalk.org/topic/211-solidcoin-shutting-down-at-block-35250/page__view__findpost__p__1422)

Lead developer of SolidCoin client writes:
Sorry, I wasn't offended by your post.... if it comes across that way then it's a mistake! Smiley There is a kill switch in the code but I disabled it for SolidCoin (perhaps I shouldn't have now Smiley ) . The target stop date had to be relatively soon to stop the potential for hackers to derail it before that time. But I wanted to give people warning so that they could make a decision before it closed.

Who is going to trust your new fork after tricks like that?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
johnj

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 05:30:34 PM

Aww c'mon BTCExpress your just mad because doubleC didn't bend over and let you do him from behind.

Why not instead of making posts like this you take some adult leadership initiative and start cleaning up the toxic community that you are allowing to fester out here?

Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:06:54 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2011, 07:23:46 PM by Lolcust

@ johnj - now that was one hell of a touché  Grin

@Joules

since when did "hackers" become antithesis of bitcoin ?

Did I miss the meeting where the Grand Hivemind Queen of All Bitcoins excommunicated them ?  Roll Eyes

Feed the Lolcust!
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 13, 2011, 07:34:45 PM

FORK
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: