Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 07:06:46 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914098 times)
stuhlman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:30:19 AM

A coin that target CPU miners is like Sony marketing a black and white TV to 90 year old customers. Simply all the hackers from cpu mining days, are sitting here watching this thread, rubbing hands together, and getting ready to wake up the dormant botnets that went out of business to ravage this coin. So you will get what 10-15 botnets and no miners? The people who still mine CPU's are a minority, and at the electric cost they only do it for fun. Even if your plan is to mine it with your own custom GPU mining software before you release that to the public, you will still fail, because botnets will still eat you alive. The only way to guarantee a fair distribution model now can not be done without including GPU's. If you think otherwise then good luck to you, it's been tried and proven to fail.

★★ UltraCoin Nitro Pool  ★★ Panda Nitro Pool  ★★
funkycoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:44:06 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 04:52:37 AM by funkycoin

Do you guys REALLY think Max needs to launch his own coin?... The simple answer is NO... he has bigger fish to fry and bigger concerns to deal with.
Has anyone noticed that this planet is being RAPED of natural resources, to an extent that it will wipe out our species within a few decades, if not sooner.
Aaaaannddddd I want back the couple of minutes I wasted reading this tin foil hat crap.
hahahaha

Why Global Warming and Climate Change are Central issues in this thread.

It's a real shame when people quote you completely out of context to try and ridicule your position and argument from a position of complete ignorance. Its also a shame that people remain unaware why these core issues are being discussed in this thread. I can also see that people new to this thread are wondering why it took such a long 'detour' arguing about climate and global warming.

This is actually a very important tangent and NOT just dogs sniffing around a field as has been suggested...

Max Keiser is a central figure in global media and is part of an important team who are highlighting the key historical global issues of our time that other media organisations are not able to confront as they are owned by the very people who DON'T want you to know the truth.

Most of Western media is there simply to waste your time. While you write on forums, watch movies, absorb TV, re-post videos of cats dancing, add friends, upload photos, tweet 140 letters of rubbish you are doing EXACTLY what the people in control want you to do... waste your time while they create and run companies that RAPE and plunder the world's resources at the expense of mankind's future.

This process is happening right now around you, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Ancient forests that are the lungs of the world are being cut down, species that make up the unique bio-diversity of the world are disappearing forever, animals and fish that make up the unique spectrum of life on earth are being driven to extinction and every bit of fossil fuel is being extracted at a rate that is unsustainable for future generations.

There have been arguments here about whether climate change / global warming is actually happening and even if it is not happening yet we are interfering with a delicate eco-system that provides the perfect balance of sunshine, water and oxygen within critical perameters of temperature. We've evolved over millions of years along with that system and in the last few decades we have been tampering with that system... all driven by the need to sustain a material lifestyle we have become accustomed to.

Even if we do not tip the balance this year or next the population growth and supply of global resources needed to sustain economic growth and the lifestyle we have become accustomed to will inevitably lead to the collapse of nature's balance.

The key issues are not limited to global warming and climate change although these are consequences of the RAPING process that is being undertaken by the global corporates which are owned by the mega rich.

So why are these issues important in this thread?... because Max is one of the few people in this world who recognises the cataclysmic consequences of letting the rich-elite control the distribution of the precious resources that keep us fed, warm, consuming goods and entertained.

Max and the RT team play a pivotal role in cutting through the bullshit and 'sanitised' version of the truth we are fed by other Media organisations who all have a vested interest in keeping the real truth from you... most media organisations are SO sanitised that they simply provide you with what YOU want... entertainment. Media follows and panders to consumer demand... nobody wants their cosey nest rattled so 99.9% of media is produced to sustain the entertainment 'comfort zone' keeping you you distracted from the truth and what is really going on out there beyond the comfort of your internet fed 'nest' that is in turn being heated with the limited global resources they are at this very moment plundering to keep you 'happy', 'warm', 'blind' and 'shut-up'.

Max recognises that 'crypto' and releasing his own coin is a way of decentralising power away from the corporates who currently control our destiny and are taking us to the edge of extinction through mismanaging the wealth and the resources of this planet.

Hope this is clear now...

back to the coin... apparently the Kimoto Gravity Well slows down people with mega-hash power to give fairer distribution... this feature apparently ensures that anyone who 'brute forces' hash power on the system is immediately penalised... not sure if this blocks the botnets too.

perhaps we can have a statement from the DEVS...

MikeH

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:54:00 AM

well said, no matter which side of the argument you are on regarding Co2 driven CC, the exploitation of people and the destruction of our planet by parasitic bankers and corporations is very real and we all need to fight it.
YSH

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:05:46 AM

Interesting what you guys discuss about, but for once and all i want an official statement about the botnets.

They simply could ruin it. aside of that im sure with that media attention and max involved it could be something!
Grinners

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:21:14 AM

Fingers crossed those with huge GPU set-ups don't get their way and corner another coin immediately Smiley
hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:04:04 AM

So 1 week premine?

stacking coin
zaigon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:10:27 AM

ok how its possible to know at what price will start? the max coin? a estimated price? how many satohis?
tanatos

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 09:11:21 AM

it is not possible to know
zjz_lgd

Activity: 173

zjz_lgd

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:27:58 AM

SHA-3,looks like diffrenrent.I'll try mining this.

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution, Share to moon! SbuXjdoiErjmAoGd3s4jcyEWiRifuorVv3
daimyo

Activity: 521

UFO

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:08:55 AM

just another altcoin   Huh

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:23:59 AM

ok how its possible to know at what price will start? the max coin? a estimated price? how many satohis?

expect miners to price this really high initially due to hype. It's becoming common where new coins are overpriced initially by miners, the prices then correct by 50% immediately once released to exchanges then they start recovering. Those who own large botnets or server CPU farms will be the biggest winners with maxcoin.

Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:26:46 AM

Those who own large botnets or server CPU farms will be the biggest winners with maxcoin.

This is the reason why I might not mine this coin. I'd if they changed the algorithm to Scrypt or even Scrypt-Jane.
zaigon

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:30:05 AM

i thought the price market was . based on BTC/USD capitalizacion .. so if from the begining start with 1 millon of coins premined.. the price will be high?  this have no sense..
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:31:57 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 11:49:42 AM by Bitcoinorama

just another altcoin   Huh

Not necessarily, this will be an alt-coin which;

a) Claims to be Sha-256 ASIC and proposed Scrypt-ASIC resistant. Meaning initally CPU with GPU potential.

b) Crucially comes with a critical mass. Max has a loyal following who will be eager to at least give this a go.

c) Will be heavily scrutinised by such followers and anyone else that follows his show, so integrity will be key here.

d) Max himself is reinvesting in this to ensure a cottage industry of fair financial services are supported.

e) Amusingly from a marketing standpoint I do not know why when people release alt-coins naming them isn't considered more seriously w.r.t. longetivity. Can you see people rolling the name off the tongue without cringing? Maxcoin/Bitcoin/Litecoin do uphold this principle.

I will certainly follow this and hope it becomes more than a fad/experiment, plus I like his show. He does go off the deep end occasionally and enjoys a good rant, and I did not like the way he handled Quark coins the other week, but he is pretty much on the money most of the time. He's definitely super smart and it's certainly hilarious to watch the videos from around the financial collapse where he rips into Goldman Sachs before his reputation became known well enough for them to refuse to be on a show with him. He knew the subject a lot better than they did and exposed their fraud to a far greater audience. I just hope his heart and head are in the right place with this.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
The Grinder

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:44:51 AM

Haha I was waiting for the day Max got his own coin.  Grin

Count me in.
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:50:34 AM

get ready for the biggest pump and dump in history.

stacking coin
krakerjaak

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:31:48 PM

I understand the dev team and other ppl involved in maxcoin are probably very busy, but their radio silence on this thread regarding important questions (especially the botnets issue) does not seem like a very good PR strategy
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:39:44 PM

Do not release separate miner at first, only the wallets. Hard to run the wallet on an infected PC without the user realizing. Problem solved?
Grinners

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:45:11 PM

That's a good idea, and keeps it more simple for newbies like myself Smiley

Wallet and miner all in one.
daimyo

Activity: 521

UFO

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

Max Keiser is putting his reputation on the line with this one

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: