Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:16:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914105 times)
Wedel

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:51:41 PM

How will it be mined? Will there be inbuilt miner in the wallet, so all we need to do is download wallet and start mining to make it easier?
Or will there be a mining software or something !
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:05:11 PM

How will it be mined? Will there be inbuilt miner in the wallet, so all we need to do is download wallet and start mining to make it easier?
Or will there be a mining software or something !

Personaly I believe since there is lack of communication that there is something to hide behind the scenes amd pribably max told the devs to keep quiet otherwise they may leak info.. but what i think they are doing is creating optimized version of the miner and not releasing it.. thats the delay part we are seeing. We will be stuck on single threaded qt wallet miners while they use cpu optimized miner maybe on a private pool between individuals.. something seems offf about this release, so I wouldnt be surprised if they did something like this.. something about keiser makes me think of a snake. Then again it is a dog eats dog world.
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 3163

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:31:26 PM

this coins is premined ...that is very clear.. right now is being mined by developers. and his botnets. . so that is like 1 week or more being mined.. ....i just hope the prices get below 200 satoshis
Personaly I believe since there is lack of communication that there is something to hide behind the scenes amd pribably max told the devs to keep quiet otherwise they may leak info.. but what i think they are doing is creating optimized version of the miner and not releasing it.. thats the delay part we are seeing. We will be stuck on single threaded qt wallet miners while they use cpu optimized miner maybe on a private pool between individuals.. something seems offf about this release, so I wouldnt be surprised if they did something like this.. something about keiser makes me think of a snake. Then again it is a dog eats dog world.
I don't think anyone's taking these crackpot theories seriously, but by all means keep it up for the entertainment value.

"z0mg its teh conspiracyz."

This is the pre-announcement.  It's stands to reason (I know you guys aren't big on reasoning, but maybe give it a go some time) that all the details will be in the full announcement for the launch on Wednesday.  Once it's all out in the open, people will make informed judgements, rather than just talking out of their arses like you idiots are doing.  
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:38:39 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 05:48:43 PM by sidhujag

this coins is premined ...that is very clear.. right now is being mined by developers. and his botnets. . so that is like 1 week or more being mined.. ....i just hope the prices get below 200 satoshis
I don't think anyone's taking these crackpot theories seriously, but by all means keep it up for the entertainment value.

This is the pre-announcement.  It's stands to reason (I know you guys aren't big on reasoning, but maybe give it a go some time) that all the details will be in the full announcement for the launch on Wednesday.  Once it's all out in the open, people will make informed judgements, rather than just talking out of their arses like you idiots are doing.  

Crackpot conspiracies eh? You clearly dont know how releasing a coin works these days. Put it this way 99% of the coins released today give some sort of advantage to devs thru pre-mining or getting creative. Like I said watch the opening blocks to prove me wrong you will see many goto same addresses.

A way to possibly combat this is perhaps inventing a tool and implementing an idea:

1) Develop a visual tool that lets you see which addresses have mined how many blocks.. maybe a heat map.
2) Incentive then is to create a new address for each block. Make fees high for first fee weeks so it avoids minimg and dumping, creates some market demand from real buyers, and allows tool we created to really show fair or unfair dispursement of coins at launch.
or
3) Simply make it so that difficulty and reward are setup so that unfair distibution doesnt occur.. but this is probably harder than doing the above.

Sure you can have botnets etc but will they really be setup and ready to go the first day of minimg when most of the easy blocks are mined? The diff algo seems to claim that it combats unfair hash distribution but we wont know until launch anyway.
dr.drago

Activity: 7

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 05:49:58 PM

Someone make a new MaxCoin.. not making it scrypt is just plain stupid. This coin is for botnets and asic farms.. nothing else. Move on.

Your opinion could make sense ... if you only would take the time to give arguments with it.

Max K. has been talking for quite some time about how cryptos will be the revolution the (financial) world needs - for all of it's manipulations - so I love to support this rebel, therefor:

https://i.imgur.com/K3DUA9l.jpg
DooMAD
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:04:42 PM

Crackpot conspiracies eh? You clearly dont know how releasing a coin works these days. Put it this way 99% of the coins released today give some sort of advantage to devs thru pre-mining or getting creative. Like I said watch the opening blocks to prove me wrong you will see many goto same addresses.

A way to possibly combat this is perhaps inventing a tool and implementing an idea:

1) Develop a visual tool that lets you see which addresses have mined how many blocks.. maybe a heat map.
2) Incentive then is to create a new address for each block. Make fees high for first fee weeks so it avoids minimg and dumping, creates some market demand from real buyers, and allows tool we created to really show fair or unfair dispursement of coins at launch.
or
3) Simply make it so that difficulty and reward are setup so that unfair distibution doesnt occur.. but this is probably harder than doing the above.

Sure you can have botnets etc but will they really be setup and ready to go the first day of minimg when most of the easy blocks are mined? The diff algo seems to claim that it combats unfair hash distribution but we wont know until launch anyway.

And when you launch your own coin you can (try to) do all those things.  Until then, stop with the guesswork.  Wait and see what happens.  They've said they want a fair launch and I'm going to take them at their word until I see evidence to the contrary.  Not baseless accusations and presumptuous waffling.  Evidence.

And will people stfu about botnets?  There are botnets for bitcoin, but it doesn't mean the bitcoin developers made them.  If they want their coin to succeed, why would they take the risk of being associated with malware to hijack people's computers?  Hence crackpot conspiracies.  You sound like a crazy person.  Take off the tinfoil hat already.
bluemagoo

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 06:32:48 PM

I think people overplay Max K`s influence on prices.  For instance since he  backtracked on his support for Quark a few days ago, it`s shot up in value.
(in December he said if Jesus were here now he would ask the 3 wise men for Bitcoin, Litecoin and Quark - and after that Quark went down in value)
4dplane

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

Wow - 23 pages, hope I can get a return on my reading time. O’ and others should read all of this instead commenting on one remark that has all ready been commented on and answered five times! So diligent readers don’t have to read the same shit over and over. OK, back to business...

Max is pure hax, - Millions of listeners, millions in bitcoin and now more investment into this shitCoin. To contrast, Al Gore is hax as well, in the view that he capitalizes on a topic that moves many of us to action regardless if that topic(global warming) is real or not. Which it is, just look at satellite photos of the poles starting back from the 60’s and tell me the caps are not melting - it’s a no brainer! But truth has little validity in this world we live in.

That’s what crypto currency promises to combat, kind of. Someone eight pages back, said we are “in good hands”, referring to Max the Meizer and his shitCoin; wow, that is an unbelievable statement coming from someone who is interested in CC. CC's strongest point is it tries to remove that statement, “in good hands” from all of us. Because the truth is, we as people are not trustable! - we are all potential hax, yes I’m talking to you. Once/if you had made a substantial invest, say in gold, you would be tempted and rationalize to yourself why it’s ok to manipulate the market for you and yours. This is what we do and have always done as a species. Max is no different and he’s in drivers seat just like fox news, rush and channel 32, which in my neck of the woods is the Christian mega-chuch channel and they are some of the oldest hax the world has ever known.

So what does that mean for mining Max’s asscrackCoin - get in on it, O yah, if you can and dump that cesspool before you lose out. Simple, know the system is rigged, try to be a rigger if you can; and if not, be very very weary of you little position.

Because of Max’s insane amount of zombie listeners there is clearly the potential to make some money on this coin. Even as the bonets will scrape most of these coins, purchasing some of these for a short-period long trade could be a great bet.

It was also mentioned pages back that crypto currency is in its infancy and these are the growing pains it is going to have to overcome for it to ever become a real viable currency. I agree, totally. As it stands, crypto currency is not going to work because it is still too malleable for big investors and media giants to manipulate. What we need is a currency that cannot be controlled by big agenda regardless if it’s an elected body or a none elected body. The point is, I trust none of you because history has proven you are all un-trustable. So for now, crypto currency is just an idea/sample/test to remove us and our lies from influencing currency. For now, it’s not good enough...

The biggest pump and dump? Maybe, I’m waiting for someone like Wal-Mart to create walCoin and offer their customers a discount if they first convert their USD to walcoin. This would increase the use of the coin for real purchases and at the same time, increase the coins value because people are converting their USD to walCoin. Just like when oil is purchases around the world, (not all, but most) it is first converted to USD, thus increasing the strength of the USD.

WalCoin, KCoin, StarbuckCoin, Big money makers using their own currency for their real goods and services, that’s the future of CC and that’s not going to work either.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:32:53 PM

I think people overplay Max K`s influence on prices.  For instance since he  backtracked on his support for Quark a few days ago, it`s shot up in value.
(in December he said if Jesus were here now he would ask the 3 wise men for Bitcoin, Litecoin and Quark - and after that Quark went down in value)

Well he was right recommending bitcoin Years ago but that was a diferent Max.
I think the influence he has now has turned his head a little lately. Its probably just human but watch shows from 1-2 Years ago and its just different.
That tweet about a friend holding millions in bitcoin and now wants to go big on maxcoin. I mean what type of shit is that. pretty cheap advertising if you ask me.
Robre

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:43:40 PM

I still don't know what I will need to do to mine this coin... Anyone actually know?
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

Looking for a keccack p2pool implementation, please drop me a message Smiley
zaigon

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:23:27 PM

well lot of people are crazy waiting for feb 5th. if this coin give the same oportunity that doge. will be a huge bunch of millonaries
cryptoking1

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:05:25 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 09:46:24 PM by cryptoking1

I'm still quite unsure on how to mine this new maxcoin on the 5th of feb, I keep readying that this coin will only be CPU mineable any thoughts on that? also im quite new to mining and wanted to know what program's we would be using to mine this maxcoin and where to find pools  Smiley

Thanks
Robre

Activity: 54

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:55:20 PM

I'm still quite unsure on how to mine this new maxcoin on the 5th of feb, I keep readying that this coin will only be CPU mineable any thoughts on that? also im quite new to mining and wanted to know what program's we would be using to mine this maxcoin and where to find pools  Smiley

Thanks

You and me both!
DooMAD
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:58:48 PM

Thanks

From the original post:

Common Questions and Their Respective Answers

Q: Can I mine MaxCoin? How?
A: We'll provide config files for the wallet client upon release to allow anybody to CPU mine from day one. There will be mining pools available from launch, too.

All set to be announced soon.
Stevev

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:28:20 PM

!!CANT WAIT!! im in. Cheesy
EpStROM

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:59:08 PM

Thanks

From the original post:

Common Questions and Their Respective Answers

Q: Can I mine MaxCoin? How?
A: We'll provide config files for the wallet client upon release to allow anybody to CPU mine from day one. There will be mining pools available from launch, too.

All set to be announced soon.

"There will be mining pools available from launch, too" Why if there's no standalone miner?
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:12:01 AM

or

And when you launch your own coin you can (try to) do all those things.  Until then, stop with the guesswork.  Wait and see what happens.  They've said they want a fair launch and I'm going to take them at their word until I see evidence to the contrary.  Not baseless accusations and presumptuous waffling.  Evidence.

And will people stfu about botnets?  There are botnets for bitcoin, but it doesn't mean the bitcoin developers made them.  If they want their coin to succeed, why would they take the risk of being associated with malware to hijack people's computers?  Hence crackpot conspiracies.  You sound like a crazy person.  Take off the tinfoil hat already.

You simply need a reality check. I dont think you understand at all what we are talking about..
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:23:34 AM

Why premine when you can hire a few thousand megahashes and mine it at launch with everyone else? They want the coin to have credibility. They're not going to premine it. Just mine it quietly.

Honestly, anyone who thinks developers working for Max Keiser aren't go to be competent are confusing this with the majority (but not all of) the altcoins in this subforum.

The ASIC resistence makes sense, but anyone thinking botnets will destroy this are wrong. Kimoto Gravity Well. The difficulty at launch is going to be insane. You'll be far better off waiting a few days when it dips and mining it then. Mining it straight at launch will be a waste of hashpower. As soon as the first block is mined that's it; difficulty retarget. More CPUs will mean more coins, but unlike most CPU coins the distribution won't be vastly disproportionate.

I personally see it valued similar to RonPaulCoin, at first, but I expect there to be considerably more trading volume, so it may just be easier to buy in early and hope for the best.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
phobosgrunt

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:38:43 AM

Will I be able to mine this with my CPU while I'm mining other coins with my GPUs?

quoting myself because I'm still wondering. Does anyone have any experience with this from other cpu coins in the past?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: