Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:49:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining  (Read 914103 times)
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 3162

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:39:04 PM

CPU supporters will stop mining that 4 hours after launch because it wont make any sense with single CPU .
Farms will continue....Do the math
Many miners will probably be in a pool, so that's more false logic there from someone who wants an advantage at launch.
Gema

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:39:18 PM

Botnet kill'am all users. Animacoin - 500-750 Mhs - one user on pool. WTF?
procrypto

Activity: 224

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:41:09 PM

People who voted CPU-only haven't been around long enough or aren't tech savvy enough to appreciate the power of botnets.

I don't have a GPU farm so I'd love CPU only to be viable and fair for the masses, but unless you have some genius innovation to nullify botnets, its a pipe dream.

All we can do is fire up some cloud servers for a few hours and hope to do battle with the botnets until it becomes unrealistic. That's not particularly fair for anyone with a single CPU home computer though..
PeercoinEnthusiast

Activity: 126

JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:45:45 PM

People who voted CPU-only haven't been around long enough or aren't tech savvy enough to appreciate the power of botnets.

I don't have a GPU farm so I'd love CPU only to be viable and fair for the masses, but unless you have some genius innovation to nullify botnets, its a pipe dream.

All we can do is fire up some cloud servers for a few hours and hope to do battle with the botnets until it becomes unrealistic. That's not particularly fair for anyone with a single CPU home computer though..

Yes, someone gets it.

I understand that those without the tech background might think it's a big deal to create a botnet. Unfortunately, it's quite common and fairly straight forward to create:

http://readwrite.com/2013/07/31/how-to-build-a-botnet-in-15-minutes#awesm=~ouUMz3fuTxcXmB

Botnets will own this coin, period.

JustaBitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis - Currently assisting Nxt
limbaugh
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:47:45 PM

I've got a job you presumptuous asshat.  And I'll be more than happy to contribute to the hashrate if it's a CPU-only launch.  More miners can get involved with a CPU-only launch, including everyone who normally mines with GPUs.  I'll say it again just in case it didn't sink in the first time.  If this is GPU at launch, half of the potential miners will walk away.  Try being less greedy and leave something for normal people to mine.  It's pretty clear what your motive is here.

I was being presumtious, I apologize. I didn't think anyone making such ignorant statements could actually hold a job. You are just another leech with no stake in the health of the alt coin network spewing moronic opinions. A truly pathetic individual.

Botnets will own a CPU only coin. No matter what you believe.
PJDavis1970

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:48:39 PM

LOL try using your brain.

Coin release 7.30.  CPU mined.  Probably a lot of solo miners.  ( no bot nets at this point because it would be at least a few hours before they could even get the network configured ).

2 hours in.

Bot net joins pool.  Solo miners join pool.. everyone mines in pools and making coins.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

7.30 coin release.  GPU miners with huge farms jump on.  No one with under 2-3 gpu's can solo because gpu farms too big.
Everyone join pools.
GPU miners pump ready to dump.

SO.. what looks better here..  To me its cpu mine only but hey if your a massive gpu farmer of course your going to cry wolf because all you are into crypto coins for is a quick pump and dump and boost the bank balance.
andhar

Activity: 127

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:51:08 PM

Coin release 7.30.  CPU mined.  Probably a lot of solo miners.  ( no bot nets at this point because it would be at least a few hours before they could even get the network configured ).

2 hours in.

Bot net joins pool.  Solo miners join pool.. everyone mines in pools and making coins.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

7.30 coin release.  GPU miners with huge farms jump on.  No one with under 2-3 gpu's can solo because gpu farms too big.
Everyone join pools.

SO.. what looks better here..  To me its cpu mine only but hey if your a massive gpu farmer of course your going to cry wolf because all you are into crypto coins for is a quick pump and dump and boost the bank balance.

LOL a few hours to jump in with a botnet?...more like..2 minutes..
PJDavis1970

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:53:00 PM

2 hours in.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

Everyone join pools.

LOL you honestly believe that don't you.  Now explain how someone with a bot net would go about achieving that in a couple of minutes.  Explain the process of getting each infected machine setup to mine the coin.  I want each step because I know you will not be able to explain it as clearly you have no idea.
PeercoinEnthusiast

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:55:02 PM

2 hours in.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

Everyone join pools.

LOL you honestly believe that don't you.  Now explain how someone with a bot net would go about achieving that in a couple of minutes.  Explain the process of getting each infected machine setup to mine the coin.  I want each step because I know you will not be able to explain it as clearly you have no idea.

http://lifesnow.com/bingo/

colinfx

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:07:40 PM

This coin launches soon, where are the wallets and miners? Did I miss the page with all the links?

Cfx.
PeercoinEnthusiast

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:08:43 PM

This coin launches soon, where are the wallets and miners? Did I miss the page with all the links?

Cfx.

Not published yet.

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 3162

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:12:09 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 04:23:13 PM by DooMAD

I've got a job you presumptuous asshat.  And I'll be more than happy to contribute to the hashrate if it's a CPU-only launch.  More miners can get involved with a CPU-only launch, including everyone who normally mines with GPUs.  I'll say it again just in case it didn't sink in the first time.  If this is GPU at launch, half of the potential miners will walk away.  Try being less greedy and leave something for normal people to mine.  It's pretty clear what your motive is here.

I was being presumtious, I apologize. I didn't think anyone making such ignorant statements could actually hold a job. You are just another leech with no stake in the health of the alt coin network spewing moronic opinions. A truly pathetic individual.

Sure, those of us who would like to give mining a try for the first time, who would like to be able contribute, who would like to have a stake in the health of the network, we're the leeches.   And all the GPU farmers who are sad that they can't get an unfair advantage on this coin from the get-go, they're not leeches at all.  Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Except for the part where you've got it completely backwards.  You can jump in a week or two later, give the rest of us a chance first.

I'll give you the opportunity to be completely honest and transparent here.  Post up your average hash rate on CPU and your average hash rate on GPU on whatever it is you've been mining lately and we'll let people make up their own minds as to what your goal is in this thread.  Assuming you're capable of being honest and transparent, that is.
PeercoinEnthusiast

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:18:57 PM

Sure, those of us who would like to give mining a try for the first time, who would like to be able contribute, who would like to have a stake in the health of the network, we're the leeches.   And all the GPU farmers who are sad that they can't get an advantage on this coin from the get-go, they're not leeches at all.  Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Except for the part where you've got it completely backwards.  You can jump in a week or two later, give the rest of us a chance first.

You seem a bit emotional, I never understood that over financial decisions.  Even if you don't buy into the idea of a CPU coin being owned by Botnets, I can promise you that the little guy will still get slapped around by EC2, Azure and DigitalOcean instances. 

I don't care either way:

1. If it's CPU based, I'll have my EC2 images ready to spin up
2. If it's GPU based, I have a few 7950s ready to mine

There is no 'fair', it's simply both sides believing the other is less fair. 

gaston909

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:22:46 PM

Based on the numbers, when do you think all coins will be mined folks?
Jarod1231

Activity: 951
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:35:26 PM

2 hours in.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

Everyone join pools.

I'm only running two R9270x's and I can usually solo blocks of new coins until the difficulty reaches 5-6+

procrypto

Activity: 224

Shitcoin Maximalist

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:37:28 PM

2 hours in.

Bot net joins pool.

Cheesy

We aren't talking about creating a new network of zombie machines here, we are talking about people who can rent an existing botnet/use one they operate themselves.

Depending on the individual download speed of each machine, we're looking at a matter of minutes before that machine is mining away.

limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:40:45 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 04:50:57 PM by limbaugh

Sure, those of us who would like to give mining a try for the first time, who would like to be able contribute, who would like to have a stake in the health of the network, we're the leeches.   And all the GPU farmers who are sad that they can't get an unfair advantage on this coin from the get-go, they're not leeches at all.  Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

So leave the coins future in the hands of 'first time miners' (and botnets of course) rather than an established infrastructure of experienced miners who have a clue on how a blockchain works?

The unfair advantage argument is such BS - anyone can buy a card and mine. Trying to villainize those that have taken the financial risk to increase the alt coin hashrate that you use to trade alts is just plain moronic. On the other hand botnets, most of which operate on stolen resources will dominate the supply of a CPU coin which you have no problem with. You will not be mining more coins with a CPU only release, most are just too inexperienced to realize it.
PJDavis1970

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:43:41 PM

2 hours in.

Bot net joins pool.

Cheesy

We aren't talking about creating a new network of zombie machines here, we are talking about people who can rent an existing botnet/use one they operate themselves.

Depending on the individual download speed of each machine, we're looking at a matter of minutes before that machine is mining away.

So how are they going to get the bots mining?  Where will they get the code to mine from?  You are assuming the devs release the code immediately on git.  If they don't do you honestly think they can reverse engineer the code from an exe that quick?
limbaugh
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:45:44 PM

2 hours in.

Bot net joins pool.

Cheesy

So how are they going to get the bots mining?  Where will they get the code to mine from?  You are assuming the devs release the code immediately on git.  If they don't do you honestly think they can reverse engineer the code from an exe that quick?

Is this guy trolling us? Another CPU only supporter, I assume.
PJDavis1970

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:47:28 PM

2 hours in.

Bot net joins pool.

Cheesy

Is this guy trolling us? Another CPU only supporter, I assume.

I have plenty of gpu's but I like the idea of this coin being cpu only.  Anyway waiting for the answer to my question.  Maxcoin uses a modded sha-3 algorithm so waiting for you to tell me how the bot controllers are going to get hold of the code so quickly and get on their networks in minutes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: