Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:22:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Token's functionality  (Read 165 times)
Nicolaus Copernicus (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:58:42 AM

We know there is a difference between coin and token. A crypto coin is a coin means of payment it acts like money as a unit of account or we can say medium of transfer. But token has wider functionality. I want to know what are the functions token has that differentiate it from coin .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Caesar Cung

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

Industry 4.0 is called Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 12:02:06 PM

We know there is a difference between coin and token. A crypto coin is a coin means of payment it acts like money as a unit of account or we can say medium of transfer. But token has wider functionality. I want to know what are the functions token has that differentiate it from coin .
Tokens are digital signatures or digital signatures encoded into numbers on a specialized device. Token code is OTP code, which means that the code is used once and randomly for each transaction. Token is usually applied to business transactions and especially online transactions. You see this as a required password for each transaction for security purposes.By using Transaction Token code, businesses will ensure accuracy. Once you have confirmed with Token, you have signed the contract without any further proof. Token code is as valid as your signature.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:12:14 PM

In time when the cryptocurrency is adapted by the world and their company owner operating on what the project is all about,this tokens will act as their money,meaning every service or product they are selling will be on the move.this h valuable this tokens are thats why uniqueness of every ico is the basis on how theyre value will be.
Casey7

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:32:29 PM

In time when the cryptocurrency is adapted by the world and their company owner operating on what the project is all about,this tokens will act as their money,meaning every service or product they are selling will be on the move.this h valuable this tokens are thats why uniqueness of every ico is the basis on how theyre value will be.
I think in reality they have very complicated meaning to compare with but i know the simple one. Token is part of the coin itslef specially for the coin which has smart contract. I dont know its true or not but for me both coin and token is cryptocurrency which has great technology and its helpingbus to solve many problem.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:30:09 PM

I like your definition about coin/token differences. And I always smile when projects launch their XXXcoin on Ethereum blockchain and say that token is utility. Why they do that?  Smiley

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
weblaraveluser

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:31:49 PM

Token is just the terminology in common of every ico's who are selling their coins, it is clarified as a business money so there is no deeper meaning about tokens because it was just a word used by different icos.
nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:35:00 PM

I think that the token has no special differences from the coin. One thing precisely is that the token is much easier to do and it is better suited for a business that is planning to conduct ICO
ariaalex

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:57:38 PM

Token is the part of crypto coin system where coins and tokens are both is important and valueable also without this things you can’t transactions so token is also need for crypto currency users based on this tokens are used like a prove and this proves helps you for transactions.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:10:11 AM

Token’s functionality is  serve as a alternative way to earn money, so this is still make you profitable in a different way, less worries to the negative thoughts about it because it can’t help you.
mktpromp

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:00:31 AM

"COins are a form of money. We buy coin hold and sell it in suitable time but token is not like that. It cannot be considered as a money it is basically hosted on another blockchain. It can deliver values to the investors and it has many more functions too. I think the following link may help you.
 https://blog.chronobank.io/token-vs-coin-whats-the-difference-5ef7580d1199"
samarabtc

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:53:31 PM

Tokens are used for any types of transaction. Basically it is more use in online transaction. Each token has its own code and the code is use only one time. For using this token transaction occur correctly.
jonalva

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:38:45 AM

Token is the proof of your digital signature that you made for a company or project. And that company will give you some coins against the token after starting the trade of their very own coin.
Storeplex

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:49:04 AM

In simple terms, tokens are created at once rather than mined and then normally distributed out. With the exception of a very few rare cases, you can't mine tokens so they don't use PoW or PoS to create more coins as time goes. Tokens you normally see used on certain platforms as the currency or "fuel", whereas coins like Bitcoin are used just a currency but no platform is reliant on the Bitcoin blockchain the same way others are with Ethereum.
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:02:34 PM

Yeah, there are times that oyster pearl/ shell is a scam because it is proven in the public that nowadays to be aware to the scammers that spread out in this kind of business and also to prevent from them.
bryancowart69

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 09:39:04 PM

Token is quite complicated to use than coins. But, it has advantages. For doing each transactions you have to give password which keeps your transactions safe and secured.
hxtxlcb

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:48:22 AM

In fact, the difference between the two is not very big. Their role is to pay for and buy, but the institutions that recognize them are different.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: