Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:56:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MY android Phone was compromised Need some Suggestion .  (Read 2232 times)
aakashkumar (OP)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:09:11 PM

Shocked Shocked

Today(29.01.2014) 1:31 PM a someone (37.221.173.228) hacked my Gmail account and he recovered BTC-e and Cryptsy Passwords.
I think he stole my gmail Password from My New android Phone (No antivirus installed on this Phone, I installed few apps and game from playstore, amazon and some blogs)

hacker ip details :
 37.221.173.228  Voxility

I didn't enable 2-step verification factor authentication  on this account because all linked accounts (btc-e,cryptsy and Gox) are inactive(0$)  Smiley  as per my knowledge i he got nothing for hacking me  , so am planning to Give some Reward Grin For Him (37.221.173.228,68.191.222.227 ) if he contact me.

am new to android please give some suggestion about android security

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dashingriddler
Legendary

Activity: 1258
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:21:08 PM

When i was accessing my gmail from another country, it sent some code to my phone and wanted me to confirm it before it could let me login. there was of course an option if i did not have the phone which i think it would ask answers for some personal info and security questions. strange it did not happen on ur gmail account.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████▀▀         ▀▀███████▄
    ▄█████▀                  ▀██████
   █████▀      ▄▄▄█████▄▄      ▀█████▄
  █████     ▄██████████████▄     ▀████▄
 █████     ██████▀▀  ▀▀██████▄    ▀████
▐████     █████          █████     █████
█████    ▐████                     ▐████
█████    █████                     ▐████
█████     █████          ▄████▌    █████
 ████▌    ▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀    ▄████▌
 ▀████▄     ▀██████████████▀     ▄████▀
  ▀█████▄     `▀████████▀▀     ▄█████▀
   `██████▄                  ▄██████
     ▀███████▄▄          ▄▄███████▀
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

aakashkumar (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:35:28 PM

When i was accessing my gmail from another country, it sent some code to my phone and wanted me to confirm it before it could let me login. there was of course an option if i did not have the phone which i think it would ask answers for some personal info and security questions. strange it did not happen on ur gmail account.

i use few gm accounts . one is for General use other account for financial use .
I enabled 2-step authentication on all other gmail (financial) accounts except this one. i thought android device was safe, but Its Not . from Now where i never trust android device .
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:40:27 PM

you doubt it would be android phone but you can never be sure. there are hundreds of millions if not billions those use android phone.
i frankly dont think an app can really steal your gmail password. i believe it will be encrypted on your phone. possible that app acted like a key-logger.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:30:22 PM

Never install app outside google play.
Always avoid app which comes with .app extension, outside google play
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:21:06 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 06:31:58 PM by Benson Samuel

Shocked Shocked

Today(29.01.2014) 1:31 PM a someone (37.221.173.228) hacked my Gmail account and he recovered BTC-e and Cryptsy Passwords.
I think he stole my gmail Password from My New android Phone (No antivirus installed on this Phone, I installed few apps and game from playstore, amazon and some blogs)

http://s28.postimg.org/s7xufn2fh/ADDDDD.png
hacker ip details :
 37.221.173.228  Voxility

I didn't enable 2-step verification factor authentication  on this account because all linked accounts (btc-e,cryptsy and Gox) are inactive(0$)   Smiley  as per my knowledge i he got nothing for hacking me  , so am planning to Give some Reward Grin For Him (37.221.173.228,68.191.222.227 ) if he contact me.

http://s30.postimg.org/6qw8j56w1/ADDD.png

Have you used the same username and pass on any other Bitcoin related service?

subvolatil

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:43:49 PM

Shocked Shocked

http://s28.postimg.org/s7xufn2fh/ADDDDD.png
hacker ip details :
 37.221.173.228  Voxility

I didn't enable 2-step verification factor authentication  on this account because all linked accounts (btc-e,cryptsy and Gox) are inactive(0$)   Smiley  as per my knowledge i he got nothing for hacking me  , so am planning to Give some Reward Grin For Him (37.221.173.228,68.191.222.227 ) if he contact me.

http://s30.postimg.org/6qw8j56w1/ADDD.png

guys you should always have  a  security practice  of  having  three email accounts. one personal(Only the most trusted people get's it, and have it secured using  two factor), one commercial(Banking, Bitcoin and financial services), general(This you give it out to the  world, download apps and access from a unsecured  connection).

your account is  hacked Which brings me to  say this again. please  use  two factor  on all your Bitcoin trading  accounts.  buy a  Yubikey from here. https://store.yubico.com/store/catalog/index.php?cPath=2

I  will write up a tutorial on a security plan you can implement  for your online account later today, hopefully i  will get some time to do this.
aakashkumar (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:38:16 AM

Android  is Good . but i made mistake while installing apps

Never install app outside google play.
Always avoid app which comes with .app extension, outside google play

Got it .

No.   I made a mistake here " some android games and apps  asked permission to access maill account  and i blindly allowed them to access to my mail  .  Lips sealed   .  

guys you should always have  a  security practice  of  having  three email accounts. one personal(Only the most trusted people get's it, and have it secured using  two factor), one commercial(Banking, Bitcoin and financial services), general(This you give it out to the  world, download apps and access from a unsecured  connection).
They Got my general email so ,From nowhere its also going under 2-step authentication.
dashingriddler
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:58:12 AM

I still dont think an app that have permission to access gmail app will be able to even know your gmail password.
One possibility is, they can use forgot passoword on cryptsy and then make tht app read the password u would get to your email and access your cryptsy account. But your screenshots say they have logged into your gmail account as well from a diff ip address.

So if it is true that an app that have access to gmail app can really read the gmail password then it is a serious flaw.

CENTRA

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
       ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀

Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:14:13 AM

OP please answer few questions.

1. do you use same gmail password on another site? (not necessarily cryptsy or BTC-e)
2. do you use 2 factor authentication for google?
3. did you recently create an "app specific password" for your google account?
4. what app did you install recently? did any of them request access to your email?
5. Look at the time of login, and see which app you might have installed at that time or which sites you visited. Hackers won't waste a lot of time so its likely it was close to the time you saw the login.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: