Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:16:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any evidence that suggests this entire “industry” is getting bigger?  (Read 161 times)
baoavin (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:42:29 PM

First and foremost, I do actually want to see Crypto become larger, more influential, and widely adopted.

That being said, what are the KPI’s to look towards measuring if we’re heading in that direction?

There’s substantially less money in the market than 6 months ago, organizations and governments all over the world are taking action to slow this down, or flat out stop it. Scams have our investments stretched thin over hundreds of coins that will never see the light of day, and I still find myself asking, “Why on earth do I need to own these things...what is the use for me owning NEO? Or Ripple? I’m not processing any cross-border payments any time soon..and I’m certainly not making deals that require the complexity and brilliance of a smart contract. So what is the appeal, other than the payment system coins?

I’m an investor, and I am already invested in this space - it’s not that I don’t want this all to happen - I just don’t necessarily know if I’m deluding myself in tying up resources for 5+ years.

Thoughts?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WL082746

Activity: 308
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:50:05 PM

My friend, I read your article about nervousness, fear, disappointment, panic! Don't be afraid, this period of time, the market really depressed trading volume! But this is only temporary. Normal fluctuations. Please wait patiently, I also invested in cryptocurrency, but my heart is very relaxed!
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:54:52 PM

everyone wants the best for crypto, everyone hopes that crypto can be used en masse and can be used in everyday life. but a lot of challenges that have to pass it, the government, financial companies and banking. there are also many fraudulent businesses under the guise of crypto, such as scam ico, ponzi and others, frankly this deception will worsen the image of crypto in the eyes of the world.

perhaps the thing we have to do is to educate the public on crypto, specifically blockchain technology and start today in your neighborhood. if everyone has known and have benefited from crypto, I am sure the revolution will begin and the government will not be able to stop it.
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:59:55 PM

What do you mean by KPI? What is that?

Yes there is a lot less money in the markets then there were 6 months ago, but it makes sense, it's still very much a speculators market.

One thing I have noticed is that real businesses want to use blockchain in a way that doesn't involve a native crypto-currency...for example all of the companies that have joined the BiTA will probably use a standard built on hyperledger.

So Im with you in that what we are all holding now is used for nothing more that payments, and most of the time payments from you to exchange, back to you ect ect....most of crypto right now is vaporware unfortunately. Not one crypto is widely used in business/banking/finance yet.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 11:54:02 PM

I believe I can say that it is getting bigger, since more and more people around me are talking about blockchains and cryptos in general. Even my friends who didn't want to do anything with it half a year ago, are anxious to invest their 100 bucks into some coin. Cheesy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Crypto_Train

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:51:45 AM

I think you make some valid points that gets me thinking.

But when you say the market is down a lot less then 6 months ago you're right, but looking at this way, it's up 3x then it was this time last year. So I guess it's building. Hopefully the none stop influx of useless coins and scam coins will stop ,but unfortunately it will have to be done with regulation.
ariaalex

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:21:02 PM

I think this industry is getting bigger. I know that you are frusted and depressed right now because of the bad things that happening to crypto but you should always remember that every good thing has to suffer a lot to gain its highest position.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:31:19 PM

To be honest, I would say that somehow I am glad to see the market condition right now. This crypto industry is developing and evolving, it doesn't always mean that its economic value will hugely increased. For so long crypto industry are driven by speculator and price manipulation, though it drag more people to join the hype, but most of these people do not care with the real development of the crypto world, they only care that they make money from it. And with todays condition, seems like they are done, and everyone who is standing for crypto right now, is the one that really enthusiastic about what crypto could bring to the world, and how it will change the global financial system for good.

kolsernik

Activity: 722
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:46:42 PM

everyone wants the best for crypto, everyone hopes that crypto can be used en masse and can be used in everyday life. but a lot of challenges that have to pass it, the government, financial companies and banking. there are also many fraudulent businesses under the guise of crypto, such as scam ico, ponzi and others, frankly this deception will worsen the image of crypto in the eyes of the world.

perhaps the thing we have to do is to educate the public on crypto, specifically blockchain technology and start today in your neighborhood. if everyone has known and have benefited from crypto, I am sure the revolution will begin and the government will not be able to stop it.
I agree.the more people will know about the possibilities of cryptocurrency, the better.I would like to read how who advertises cryptocurrency in their environment?and who in general that says?
Vieni

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:48:35 PM

welcome to the crypto era. we are moving ahead and more and more are becoming aware of cryptocurrency. the banks are now planning to step on blockchain...taxi using blockchain... and you will wake up then that everything is on blockchain...
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:54:11 PM

Not really, in fact there is evidence that it has contracted a bit since last year in terms of marketcap, however there is a large influx of money into ICOs that should change all this.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
GaryCynthia

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:10:03 PM

Hey, please stop panicking. It’s true that there are a lot of fluctuations in the market. But, you need to trust the coin on whatever you are investing on. Be positive and try to hodl the coins.
muncuss

Activity: 634
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:53:13 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 12:20:22 AM by muncuss

mate, governments ban crypto coz there's many scam ICO. they didn't ban blockchain. As long as ppl use blockchain (and you can see in many news we are heading to mass adoption), cryptocurrency won't have big problem.
Past year we only have many mineable coin, but now we have a bunch of utility token, equity token, and so on (thanks to Vitalik). and with coin like graft or pundi x which have strong product i sure we will getting bigger
mktpromp

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:59:28 AM

Oh! You seems very worried about the present market condition. Please don't worry. The situation will not be like this for long. The prices will bounce back soon. Just be positive. The market is growing bigger and you will see remarkable changes soon.
sainaselalisa

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:56:40 PM

Create more promotion for invest in this market. Conference is a way for promotion. If peoples know about this market they will influence to invest in this market and always need to innovation for this market development.
cryptovally01

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:38:13 AM

Though some of your points are right, I want to say you that there is nothing that much serious to think. It is totally FUD. And I am requesting you not to worry a lot about the future. Believe in crypto, it will be what is supposed to be on time.
johncruze

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:31:22 PM

Well, after reading your article I will just suggest you to keep patience and hold your coin. The market will rise up soon and everything will be all right.
LancelotRay

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 08:43:05 PM

Just in general, I think we're seeing crypto appear more and more in the mainstream news. More people get educated, and as a result, more people want to get invovled.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:52:48 PM

If you look at the numbers of people on this forum alone it is enough to understand that the space is getting bigger, because a market went than doesn't mean the space is not getting bigger, just look at the amount of Billions that have been raised this year alone through ICO when compared to last year
trade2winnn

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:57:23 PM

Yes, see the news that is not on TV,namely specialized,very many artnessrkih agreements signed with major companies,and now in this market are beginning to include such giants as Aple,Microsoft, IBM,etc., so that you can see even for those investors kotrye come and invest now in this market.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: