Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:58:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best coin to buy or mine  (Read 2837 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:09:46 PM

Buy: KlondikeCoin
Mine: NyanCoin

No brainer: Buy/Mine Cash. Price is a cert to go up once it hits Cryptsy, and it will hit Cryptsy.

Easy to mine, soon to hit an exchange: Fckbankscoin
Nyan won't hit anywhere. Nobody knows which nyan you're talking about here. Yea, there are two different nyan coins if someone didn't already know it. I hate this biased bullshit, everybody just promotes their shitcoins.

Welcome to the altcoin section.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jerrypages7 (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:15:48 PM

Buy: KlondikeCoin
Mine: NyanCoin

No brainer: Buy/Mine Cash. Price is a cert to go up once it hits Cryptsy, and it will hit Cryptsy.

Easy to mine, soon to hit an exchange: Fckbankscoin
Nyan won't hit anywhere. Nobody knows which nyan you're talking about here. Yea, there are two different nyan coins if someone didn't already know it. I hate this biased bullshit, everybody just promotes their shitcoins.

Welcome to the altcoin section.

Thank you !  Smiley
surphactone

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:19:19 PM

Feathercoin probably. Huge potential to rise, diff still very low compared to LTC.

+1

<!>Help the guy with any amount of BTC : 1FbWe8Dq8cLx3UHF385EtCLyVz6UFXgs8k Thank yO !
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
erik__

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:12:50 PM

NXT - 100% proof of stake, pretty new coin, price has been dipping lately, not a bitcoin fork.  Anonymous Russian devs, and many other volunteer devs.  A lot of its competitors feel like VC backed wannabes by comparison.
BTC - The king of cryptos is probably the safest bet, but may not rise as quickly as a successful altcoin
PPC - Peercoin Proof-Of-Stake/Proof-Of-Work hybrid coin.  Innovative altcoin.  Price has seen a nice steady rise.
DOGE - Risky.  It seems like an old overdone joke, but the masses sometimes love old overdone jokes and good viral marketing may be the only think an altcoin needs to separate itself from the pack and succeed.
gsrcrxsi

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:20:49 PM

All of them. At the same time.

/thread
grebec92

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:24:17 PM

MTC is best to buy.
Dont know what is best to mine.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:26:37 PM

CASH, hands down.  Do the math.

I also agree that POT and PXL look promising. 
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:28:58 PM

CASH - to mine

anyones guess on buying...

CASH - to mine and buy!!!! Why? Check who is mining the coin  Grin  Grin  Grin
scarface

Activity: 350

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:36:52 PM

how is this an announcement?

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

terracide

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:15:48 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 09:35:17 PM by terracide

Ok let me give you an honest answer since a lot of these answers are done by people owning lot's of the coins, or being involved in the coin, or having benefits you mining or buying a specific coin. I am not saying everyone ... but just my opnion. I am not saying that the following is the truth, but to my limited experience this is what i noticed:

When a coin is most profitable to mine... you are actually too late. When you want to make money with limited hashing power Always mine 0-day coins. How stupid their names are, or how silly/limited their announcement is.

Always look at the launch, it should not be pre-mined too much. A little for giveaways is ok, to attract attention to the coin. When a launch goes bad by DDOS attacks they are probably doing this themselves so they can pre-mine after launch. In my opinion one of the demands of bitcointalk should be that all coin announcement should be pre-announced to give everyone an honest chance. But hey... who am i. If a launch should go bad they should re-launch it another time. But this almost never happens.

Most coin-devs want to mine a lot of coins themselves the first few days, and it's not in their benefit attracting lot's of miners bringing to diff up too soon.  What they do is make a fast , small announcement without much graphics or any other fancy stuff.  Then after a few days they edit the post and make it more attractive so many miners will mine, pump up the diff. And then the dev (and the first day miners) can dump the coins on the first exchange it hits.

99.9% of all coins are not made for a longer period of a few months.  What also happens is that they let the coin die, let all people sell their coins for peanuts and buy all the coins, and then jumpstart the coin again after a few weeks (like a re-launch) and then sell it when it's worth something.

There are very little announcements for coins that are actually going to be worth something in the future. If i would make a guess i would say the Ron Paul Coin (since Ron Paul will run for president if he can, and he has spoken positive about the RPC) and the DGB (digibyteCoin that has a lot's of devs and really tries to make it a coin with Merchants).

Hope this helps.

Edit:  Something i forgot:

Most launches are done by devs that have an account not much older then a month. This is because they use new accounts to launch new coins everytime the old coin is dead. It's just left dead when pumped & dumped.

The only coin that has real value is Bitcoin like someone below said. This is because you can actually do/buy something with this coin.  Most (almost all) Altcoins are just ways to get more Bitcoins, not to compete against it.
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:17:57 PM

Ok let me give you an honest answer since a lot of these answers are done by people owning lot's of the coins, or being involved in the coin, or having benefits you mining or buying a specific coin.

When a coin is most profitable to mine... you are actually too late. When you want to make money with limited hashing power Always mine 0-day coins. How stupid their names are, or how silly/limited their announcement is.

Always look at the launch, it should not be pre-mined too much. A little for giveaways is ok, to attract attention to the coin. When a launch goes bad by DDOS attacks they are probably doing this themselves so they can pre-mine after launch. In my opinion one of the demands of bitcointalk should be that all coin announcement should be pre-announced to give everyone an honest chance. But hey... who am i. If a launch should go bad they should re-launch it another time. But this almost never happens.

Most coin-devs want to mine a lot of coins themselves the first few days, and it's not in their benefit attracting lot's of miners bringing to diff up too soon.  What they do is make a fast , small announcement without much graphics or any other fancy stuff.  Then after a few days they edit the post and make it more attractive so many miners will mine, pump up the diff. And then the dev (and the first day miners) can dump the coins on the first exchange it hits.

99.9% of all coins are not made for a longer period of a few months.  What also happens is that they let the coin die, let all people sell their coins for peanuts and buy all the coins, and then jumpstart the coin again after a few weeks (like a re-launch) and then sell it when it's worth something.

There are very little announcements for coins that are actually going to be worth something in the future. If i would make a guess i would say the Ron Paul Coin (since Ron Paul will run for president if he can, and he has spoken positive about the RPC) and the DGB (digibyteCoin that has a lot's of devs and really tries to make it a coin with Merchants).

Hope this helps.

+1 for a genuinly smart answer. I think it's something you should learn, rather than teach, but props for being someone else who gets it.

I mined KDC, Cash, and NyanCoin early on, and have seen the difficulty rocket. Such faith I have in one of them I'm throwing everything I have or can afford at it. Sometimes you just know. There's certain things to look out for. For me a strong dev team can ride out the pumps and dumps, but at any one time you know you're holding both trash and treasure, and it's your task to know which to sell and which to hold.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Mivexil

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:20:34 PM

It's definitely [insert coin I'm currently mining here], but give it a week or so.
campeck

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:22:18 PM

All of them. At the same time.

/thread

Absolutely
TheBeardedMann

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:30:03 PM

Best coin to mine:
Whichever one you can get in on in the first few seconds.  Other than that, you are most likely wasting money on equipment and electricity.

Best coin to buy:
BitCoin

Day Trade.  That's the way to go with all these Alts.
Mivexil

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:33:56 PM

Day Trade.  That's the way to go with all these Alts.

Buy a promising coin, place a sell order higher, see it not being filled for a day when price crashes, panic sell at 50% of the original value, repeat.

Seriously. DO NOT day trade unless you're really good at it (and if you have to wonder whether you are, you're not).
cointron

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:43:48 PM

www.nutcoin.com
TheBeardedMann

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:50:10 PM

Buy a promising coin, place a sell order higher, see it not being filled for a day when price crashes, panic sell at 50% of the original value, repeat.

Seriously. DO NOT day trade unless you're really good at it (and if you have to wonder whether you are, you're not).

Ok ok.  Maybe not for everyone, but it's just "play" money.  Right?  Depends on how invested you are I guess.
And if you day trade, do it in the LTC market not BTC market, assuming we're talking about less than a BitCoin trading.  And look for the hard lines.  If you are trying to place a sell order of 10 WhateverCoin and you see a sell order of 300 WhateverCoin, don't place your sell order above that, unless you are holding out.  Place it right below.  Same thing for the other column.  You gotta look at those hard lines and see what you want to do.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:58:35 PM

Ill be honest since i've been mining tons of alts.

Currently i'm mining SMC, but i'm unsure of its potential in price so, it's just a gamble.  I mined Leaf and i'll see where if its up in a few days.  'Ive sold a little of both just because the price was good, but for consistency I would go with dogecoin.  It's price is decent and it's not to hard to mine. 
Mivexil

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:03:04 PM

Ok ok.  Maybe not for everyone, but it's just "play" money.  Right?  Depends on how invested you are I guess.
And if you day trade, do it in the LTC market not BTC market, assuming we're talking about less than a BitCoin trading.  And look for the hard lines.  If you are trying to place a sell order of 10 WhateverCoin and you see a sell order of 300 WhateverCoin, don't place your sell order above that, unless you are holding out.  Place it right below.  Same thing for the other column.  You gotta look at those hard lines and see what you want to do.

Boy, if it was that simple, I'd be a millionaire by now Cheesy

This strategy is fine and dandy unless there are more people trying to do that, collaboratively building another pay wall and pushing the price down. And since you're the one holding the coin... Tragedy of the commons.
jerrypages7 (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:55:42 AM

Ok let me give you an honest answer since a lot of these answers are done by people owning lot's of the coins, or being involved in the coin, or having benefits you mining or buying a specific coin. I am not saying everyone ... but just my opnion. I am not saying that the following is the truth, but to my limited experience this is what i noticed:

Always look at the launch, it should not be pre-mined too much. A little for giveaways is ok, to attract attention to the coin. When a launch goes bad by DDOS attacks they are probably doing this themselves so they can pre-mine after launch. In my opinion one of the demands of [Suspicious link removed]hould be that all coin announcement should be pre-announced to give everyone an honest chance. But hey... who am i. If a launch should go bad they should re-launch it another time. But this almost never happens.

Hope this helps.

Edit:  Something i forgot:

Most launches are done by devs that have an account not much older then a month. This is because they use new accounts to launch new coins everytime the old coin is dead. It's just left dead when pumped & dumped.

The only coin that has real value is Bitcoin like someone below said. This is because you can actually do/buy something with this coin.  Most (almost all) Altcoins are just ways to get more Bitcoins, not to compete against it.

+1 really cleaver and usefull answer. Many thanks to you.

A lot of interesting things in your post !

A new "honest" coin should be:
- not too much premined
- not under DDOS attacks or suspiciously overmined at launch (aka pleased to be mined at low difficulty)
- clearly announced from launch with all required fancy stuff and broad communication
- must not be a pure carbon copy of the-coin-the-same-guys-launched-one-week-ago
- build to last more than a few months (for example some innovation within the source code should demonstrate a dev team is present and truly involved)

One could say that a good new coin should smell sweat at launch! Honest things must always smell sweat (at least a little  Grin)

Are you yourself involved with RPC or DGB ?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: