Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Survey: Participants Needed  (Read 583 times)
sehdal (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:02:30 PM

Hello all,

I am a researcher at the University of Manchester in the UK and I have a long standing interest in Bitcoin, as well as owning some of the currency. There remains lots of further research to be undertaken into Bitcoin from different angles and I have a particular interest in the political challenge to the existing money system that is posed by the emergence of alternative virtual currencies.

Just to give some background to my research, I have read a large number of sceptical pieces about Bitcoin from economists in a range of blogs and newspaper articles, but there has been very little work I have seen that examines those that own Bitcoin and their reasons and motivations. It strikes me that this is a major gap in the literature since we can only understand Bitcoin's future as a currency and an asset by understanding the motivations of the community around Bitcoin. For these reasons I would like to undertake a survey of members of the Bitcoin Forum with as broad a range of participants as possible, I am aiming for roughly between fifty and a hundred initially. So whether you are a small or large scale investor, whether you have been holding Bitcoin for a short or long period of time I would be really interested in your views on the currency.

Full anonymity will be ensured and your membership name and details will be kept confidential, unless you explicitly request that your user name be disclosed. Any articles or pieces coming from this research will be made publicly available and will be posted on the Bitcoin forum for further discussion. Because I would ideally like to have as broad a range of participants as possible, please share this message where possible with members of the Bitcoin Forum who you think would be willing to participate.

If you are interested in participating please message me via the forum and I will send you 8 simple and open ended questions for you to answer in your own time, the questions will be focused on your views about the currency and your reasons for investing in Bitcoin.

Your participation would be much appreciated and I hope this research will serve to correct some of the widely held misunderstandings about Bitcoin.

Thank you.
nezarkadhem

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:38:55 AM

Send over! PM me or email me at nezarkadhem@gmail.com

Awaiting the Neptune & Viper
coincoincoin1

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:05:43 PM

PM me and I will answer the questions. Best of luck with the research, sehdal. I hope that you get more responses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: