Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-05-31]Amazon’s Cloud Services Hijack Computers Using Crypto-Mining Malware  (Read 100 times)
Vladdirescu87 (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:07:04 PM

Genius hackers are hijacking people’s computers to illegally mine crypto assets. There is one malware program that has been recently discovered hiding itself on Amazon’s cloud to exploit the processing power of a large number of ordinary computers.

These exploits increased highly last year according to the survey done by IBM Managed Security Services

Read the details in the article of Coinidol dot com, the world blockchain news outlet: https://coinidol.com/amazon-cloud-services-hijack-computers/

TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:45:55 PM

Wow. If that isn't a clickbait title, I don't what is.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 12:23:13 AM

As always, hackers using malwares to mine monero, especially.
I thought in the past what if I can use a third party server (aws or others) to mine cryptocurrencies but apart from considering it personally as a theft, it can easily be busted with the high cpu usage :
AWS has automatic systems in place that makes it easy to detect and block a lot of attacks before going out of their infrastructure. AWS has clear terms of usage that enables it to quickly take action and shut down the machine in case of any misuse.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: