Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:00:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Airdrop hack myetherwallet?  (Read 283 times)
Vjatri (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:52:50 PM

Do you think guys can airdrop attack on your myetherwallet?
Because i have heard from many people they lost their tokens because of they applied all the airdrop.
how we protect myetherwallet and what are precautions?
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 06:56:40 PM

Because i have heard from many people they lost their tokens because of they applied all the airdrop.
No, they can't, except a cyber attack recently. They lost because they filled up their Private Key despite Address. If any airdrop requires your PK, just stay away. And use MetaMask for your security.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 11:49:10 PM

That is impossible I think. Nobody can hack you through your public address, which you are submitting for doing airdrops. But if you won't be careful and put your private key somewhere in, then yes, it is possible that they can still your coins and they probably will. Do not enter your private key anywhere.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
nawosecad68

Activity: 155
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:06:51 AM

I think by following airdrop will not make myetherwallet hacked if you are careful, especially do not give away your private key. As long as your private key is secure, I think your wallet is also safe. You can increase security by importing your myetherwalet into metamasks.
aonfons

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:12:22 AM

Basically if you do not lose your private key you will never be hacked Mew, but there are fake airdrop addresses mew to trick users. be careful
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:14:12 AM

Most airdrops has phishing links that can cause you confusion when you click them. Thus please be careful when doing airdrop bounty to avoid disaster. Please don't enter your private key thinking it is public address. Thanks

HOMT

Powered by,
cryptowonders@20

Activity: 142

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:17:07 AM

nowadays guys are very terrible because they can do undo with your wallet, now the most painful thing is that they will send you a link called tap-trap-link which will automatically hack you or from mails, so what i once hacked with emails so i don't do any airdrops sent from my mails.  
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:37:46 AM

They can do that because the form link of airdrop can be phising link that will harm your device and attack that device by malware. Becarefull when join airdrop, just make sure the airdrop is legit from trusted and good project.

hani1929

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 01:51:03 AM

You should be more careful in joining airdrop and also you need to read it carefully what was the form need to fillup. maybe instead of eth adress they put Private key.  and as we know private key is need to open my ether wallet. There are some people lost their tokens because of negligences. Its safe to join airdrop as long as you dont need to give your private key and if they needed email address its okay., But if its cyber attack maybe mew can be hacked.

Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:53:12 AM

In most cases, the reason of account being hack is due to our own negligence. Mostly airdrops are asking our email add which could lead also into hacking. It is better not to engage more on airdrops to have a safe keep on our accounts.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:04:24 AM

Good topics. First we always remember there are a lot of scam airdrop so we must be wisely if we are joining airdrop, avoid to join any airdrop that are required to put your private key on their sites because those airdrop are scam, and many scammers here based on what I heard that use airdrop sites to collect more information about someone to hack any personal information about someone even our MEW, so we need to be careful.

CFXAY

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:06:41 AM

With MetaMask, it's generally safe as long as you don't reveal your private key.
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:10:59 AM

airdrop will not cause our wallet to be hacked, if we do not give private key to anyone. they may be exposed to hack because they carelessly provide their personal data or it could also be a victim of phishing attacks.
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:13:03 AM

No. It is impossible to airdrop attack your eth wallet address. If that was possible Eth would be worthless!

What happens is the airdrop might give you a phishing link that brings you to a fake MEW.
Never enter your private key into any forms, links or websites unless your 100% confident its safe.
Even then, there are better options than using your PK to access your wallet.
- try Eidoo wallet. Thats what I use and I personally dont even know my PK.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
ronealdenila
Copper Member

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

Telegram Username: @Webn_BountyManager

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:13:51 AM

Nope. Airdrop won't hack your myetherwallet as long as you're not entering your private keys on their form. Just be careful when joining airdrops because some of them are just phishing.

Offers affordable and well-managed Bounty Campaign
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:14:17 AM

As said, there's no way any 'airdrop' can 'hack' 'myetherwallet' (alot of ' because it's not giving the full clue about what it is  Cool)

Anyone can send tokens/ETH to your wallet, with or without your consent.
You can't in any way possible lose your tokens/ETH by receiving tokens.
If you're filling in your private key in some suspicious site, then that's why you/people lose their stuff when joining an airdrop.
There is rarely reason to enter your private key anywhere.

MyEtherWallet is only an interface that makes it much easier to 'talk' with the Ethereum blockchain.
MyEtherWallet could be hacked in the terms of like a DNS hack that happened recently,
which I believe kinda redirects everyone who visits MyEtherWallet.com, to a fake site, that would then steal your private key.
MyEtherWallet could also be 'hacked' in terms of someone changing the code to save your key, I guess, why not?

So to summarize, you are just as safe using MyEtherWallet as you are using any other type of wallet which gives you the same access(private key access).
However, using MyEtherWallet and being an unexperienced internet user in terms of any safety aspect, is definitely more risky than using for example a Hardware Wallet,
or even an exchange with 2 factor authentication. I don't promote using exchanges at all, but it's safer as it kinda protects you against yourself.

MyEtherWallet gives you a Public Key, and a Private Key(maybe in form of an encrypted file, or another option).
Whenever you visit MyEtherWallet to login, you risk actually entering a phishing site.
Ensure that you always see the green lock icon in the top left, bookmark the url, and so on.

Your Private Key from MyEtherWallet however, isn't MyEtherWallet-specific, it's just a private key tied to a public key on the Ethereum blockchain.
You can use it in many other ways other than via MyEtherWallet.

Simply put, you can't lose your money unless you fail on your end, one way or another.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:14:27 AM

no it cant be. The only reasons its hacked cause someone get access to their private key. I dont think their hack the private key from addresses.
Nope. Airdrop won't hack your myetherwallet as long as you're not entering your private keys on their form. Just be careful when joining airdrops because some of them are just phishing.
yes i believe its phising site . One of my friend was hacked cause visiting wrong site and he lose preety much everything.

Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:18:21 AM

First of all, it's impossible.
Most of the time, people's tokens are stolen simply because they expose the private key or the smart contract of the token.

tunglong

Activity: 90
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:18:30 AM

Now a day we can see countless fake airdrop, they not only collecting the information of participants but also they want to attack the MEW. In my opinion, I think the participants should aware scam airdrop, and should use the Metamask to more secure the MEW.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:19:16 AM

The possibilities of your wallet will be hack if you enter an phishing sites in which it will steal your credentials like passwords and private keys but most likely for the airdrop might steal your private keys is if you mistakenly input the private keys instead of your wallet address. I do not join airdrops because most of these are failed and will just waste your time.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: