Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:41:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Developing first bitcoin/ crypto currency themed game. Need funding  (Read 887 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
johnnyfla123 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:22:53 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 11:13:25 PM by johnnyfla123

I am developing a mobile game that was inspired by bitcoin and other crypto currencies.  It will be the first crypto coin themed game to be released on android and ios. It is a 2D game. We have everything planned out. The marketing plan, in app purchases, levels, characters, types of power-ups etc. We have already started development but we need funding to have the gfx, sfx, and a few programming things completed.  We need $9,000 USD to properly fund the development and launch of the app. We are looking to form a partnership and are willing to have them involved in all aspects of the development. 50/50 ownership of the app itself and 50% of all revenue generated from the app. We are willing to provide you with all the plans to the app before investing given you agree to sign a non- disclosure agreement. If a user wishes to invest less then $9,000 the revenue and ownership will be split accordingly.

We are also willing to sign legal documents to certify it as a loan to pay the $9,000 with an APR of %20 within 48 months from date of loan. We plan to pay back the loan using 100% of revenue generated. once the loan is paid off the investor will receive 50%. if the app fails or we do not make the $9000 before the 48 months we will pay the difference that we owe still out of pocket.

Before trying to raise money with crowd sourcing we thought we would ask the bitcointalk community.

codingagency.com anonymous and offshore vps and webhosting!
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:21:10 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 11:11:53 PM by johnnyfla123

We are also willing to sign legal documents to certify it as a loan to pay the $9,000 with an APR of %20 within 48 months from date of loan. We plan to pay back the loan using 100% of revenue generated. once the loan is paid off the investor will receive 50%. if the app fails or we do not make the $9000 before the 48 months we will pay the difference that we owe still out of pocket.

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:30:53 AM

Good luck getting a crypto-game in the Apple Store. Do some research first please.
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:41:22 AM

Good luck getting a crypto-game in the Apple Store. Do some research first please.

I have an app in the app store that accepts bitcoin payments already. as long as your app doesn't have a bitcoin wallet or deal with buying and selling bitcoin. We also have pre approval from the apple developer team for the app. the app is a game that uses crypto currencies as a theme for the game. perfectly in the rules for apple

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:02:04 AM

I have an app in the app store that accepts bitcoin payments already. as long as your app doesn't have a bitcoin wallet or deal with buying and selling bitcoin. We also have pre approval from the apple developer team for the app. the app is a game that uses crypto currencies as a theme for the game. perfectly in the rules for apple

What app is that?
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:00:39 PM

eddie creek https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/eddie-creek/id783737757?mt=8

it uses the blockchain.info api to process the transactions.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:08:32 PM

Nice. Describes itself as "Eddie Creek is an online and in person shop for airsoft stock and parts. Primarily specializing in Ammunition and safety gear EC also runs an airsoft field in Canada and can accept game payments online as well. Rental gear and for sale gear is also offered on a limited basis."

No mention of bitcoin. Perhaps it slipped under the Apple radar Smiley
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:18:07 PM

Nice. Describes itself as "Eddie Creek is an online and in person shop for airsoft stock and parts. Primarily specializing in Ammunition and safety gear EC also runs an airsoft field in Canada and can accept game payments online as well. Rental gear and for sale gear is also offered on a limited basis."

No mention of bitcoin. Perhaps it slipped under the Apple radar Smiley

when apple looks at the app before you submit it they see all the code and api's used. apple isn't against bitcoin entirely. only for wallets, buying and selling to other currencies. thats why the blockchain.info app is the way it is

johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 11:13:05 PM

updated page with clearer agreements

empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:51:11 AM

I think you are going to struggle getting any serious interest with that trust rating. Where did all the red come from?
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 03:58:29 AM

some guy wanted some packages shipped. they were oddly weighed and oddly shaped. like they were doing something sketch. after he paid i decided not to do anything. actually reported it to the authorities. It was kind of stupid, should of returned the btc. this is different as I am wanting to have legal documents for the whole ordeal to protect both the investor and myself.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=248131.0

empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:07:00 AM

some guy wanted some packages shipped. they were oddly weighed and oddly shaped. like they were doing something sketch. after he paid i decided not to do anything. actually reported it to the authorities. It was kind of stupid, should of returned the btc. this is different as I am wanting to have legal documents for the whole ordeal to protect both the investor and myself.

OK thanks for filling us in. I'm honestly not having a go at your here, but I've been involved in a couple of biz partnerships with proper "legal documents" and  the partnerships turned sour. The documents meant nothing in the end. People have a tendency to just run off with stuff when partnerships go bad. Going to court costs a lot of money, that's if you can even find the person ....

Unless you've got some collateral, you'll have a hard job getting investors on board. Its just too high a risk.
johnnyfla123 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 04:27:17 AM

OK thanks for filling us in. I'm honestly not having a go at your here, but I've been involved in a couple of biz partnerships with proper "legal documents" and  the partnerships turned sour. The documents meant nothing in the end. People have a tendency to just run off with stuff when partnerships go bad. Going to court costs a lot of money, that's if you can even find the person ....

Unless you've got some collateral, you'll have a hard job getting investors on board. Its just too high a risk.

Yes I understand that its risky. I am trying to raise the money with investors at the moment. I will resort to crowd sourcing if i need to. I have my final choices for the graphics developers and programers already. We are making sure all of the developers are experienced.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: