Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:54:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What should we name the new DigiByte exchange?
Digi-Bay.co - 13 (7%)
Dig-Ex.co - 20 (10.8%)
Digi-Trade.co - 53 (28.6%)
Digi-Pay.com - 99 (53.5%)
Total Voters: 185

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ DigiByte ★★ [DGB] - What should we name the new DigiByte exchange?  (Read 7756 times)
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:51:59 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 07:17:03 PM by DigiByte

Since we have now received outside developer and investment support we have started work on a direct USD - DigiByte exchange. Which of the four names we are considering do you like best?

The exchange will be completed in three phases. At this point we have no plans to add any other coins but DigiByte and Bitcoin. We are not trying to compete with any other exchange. Our goal is to make it easier for people to obtain DigiBytes and for more merchants to begin accepting them.

Phase 1: Our initial beta exchange will feature the ability to trade BTC for DGB.

Phase 2: Will add the ability to purchase DigiBytes directly with USD. We are applying for all the required permits, applications, etc outlined by federal banking laws in the US. Our goal is to do everything by the book here.

Phase 3: Will add more merchant support for merchants to easily accept DigiBytes. Think of it as a combination of BitPay and CoinBase but for DigiByte all in one place.

Any thoughts, ideas or opinions are welcomed! This will take some time to develop and launch but work is now under way!

Please explain the reason for the name you picked. Thank you for supporting DigiByte!

Why use DigiByte?

1) Speed: DigiByte is Blazing fast! Much faster than Bitcoin & Litecoin, and fast enough to buy coffee at Starbucks in a few seconds if they ever decided to use DigiByte!!

2) Transactional Currency:With 21 billion coins, DigiByte will primarily become a worldwide currency traded for goods & services, and not a volatile speculative commodity like Bitcoin. DigiByte has a natural ratio of 1BTC:1000DGB to Bitcoin. This means that if Bitcoin is worth $1,000 DigiByte should be worth $1 -$10. A Perfect price for buying goods & services. No one likes to look in their wallet and see that they have 0.001 coins; 1,000 DigiBytes are much more appealing.

3) Community: DigiByte was planned and designed for over a month before launch. Now, we open the community up to all those wishing to participate and contribute to its success.

4) Fair Launch: DigiByte was announced more than 3 days ahead of time. It was delivered at the exact minute advertised with a countdown timer for a fair launch. Over a half million dollars in hardware were thrown at the network in the first few minutes alone.

5) Transparency: The pre-mine of DigiByte is publicly posted and is used to further the long-term success of DigiByte.

6) DigiByte Name: You store data in megabytes & gigabytes. Why not store money in DigiBytes?

Main DigiByte thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.0

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
incorrect

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:57:21 PM

I personally like the name Digi-Pay.com as it sounds straight forward as far as what the point of the site is. Happy to see that you're taking things into your own hands instead of relying on other exchanges.  Smiley
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:59:06 PM

I personally like the name Digi-Pay.com as it sounds straight forward as far as what the point of the site is. Happy to see that you're taking things into your own hands instead of relying on other exchanges.  Smiley
Digi-Pay does have a nice ring to it. It is very straight forward!

Elendariel

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:03:02 PM

Do the digi-pay.com one, i don't know for sure why but the .com looks a bit more professional Cheesy

Found me helpful? Feel free to assist me too! : LTC  - Lf3JRFRNqdaFg6CF8931XoYBZABEPSUtit
                                                                    BTC   - 182izToMh6JXqRRYBZS4PKgyMgYpcPEZZ4
                                                                        IOC - idTCxXXB3Wz7Tk2CVq3VEKTdytrWPywaU6
sitefive

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:04:00 PM

after this exchange is added I can see the coin reaching 10X its current value

BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:07:03 PM

My vote is for www.Digi-Pay.com. The ".com" does make it more professional.

- aka The "DigiMan"
trcwhale

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:09:19 PM

digipay.com

better without '-'

that's if you can get a domain name.
bman3

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:09:58 PM

My vote is for www.Digi-Pay.com. The ".com" does make it more professional.

I voted this as well.
nicksly

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:12:19 PM

i suggest you buy www.digi-pay.com now.
tstang

Activity: 178

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

Maybe some information of  the coins would help too ! Wink
lionhead666

Activity: 109

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:14:08 PM

I voted for Digi-Pay.com but I think exchange.digibyte.co would be also reasonable because you are planning to exchange directly to DGB. On the other hand is Digi-Pay as a new detached brand good for further services like a Digibyte credit card.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:17:23 PM

What is your plan for obtaining the necessary money transmission licenses required to operate a USD/Crypto exchange legally? This is normally a long and very expensive process. The FinCen guidance also clearly states even exchanges operating outside of the US still have to abide by US law if they serve US customers.

Just interested whether you are doing this seriously or you are just going to chance it and run the risk of a long time in prison.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 07:17:37 PM

Maybe some information of  the coins would help too ! Wink
More info added!

trcwhale

Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:19:41 PM

I voted for Digi-Pay.com but I think exchange.digibyte.co would be also reasonable because you are planning to exchange directly to DGB. On the other hand is Digi-Pay as a new detached brand good for further services like a Digibyte credit card.

Actually prepaid or debid card here is a better option. Suppose you have an exchange and on the fly or before convert crypto to USD and funds are topped up right away. It can be done. We have done it already.
DigiByte (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 07:22:25 PM

What is your plan for obtaining the necessary money transmission licenses required to operate a USD/Crypto exchange legally? This is normally a long and very expensive process. The FinCen guidance also clearly states even exchanges operating outside of the US still have to abide by US law if they serve US customers.

Just interested whether you are doing this seriously or you are just going to chance it and run the risk of a long time in prison.

We are very much going to do this legally and abide by all US laws. We have an attorney looking into all this as we speak and we are spending much time researching it ourselves.

We have the exchange planned out and the development is not overly complicated. The biggest hurdle will be getting the appropriate licenses.  This is why we have decided to this in phases.

We will not support any money laundering, drug trafficking or other illegal activities. We plan on being very open and cooperating with federal authorities here in the US.

lionhead666

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:27:43 PM

Actually prepaid or debid card here is a better option. Suppose you have an exchange and on the fly or before convert crypto to USD and funds are topped up right away. It can be done. We have done it already.

This is true. But I didn't meant converting to USD. I thought about merchants (stores) could accept payments via "Digi-Pay Card".
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:28:15 PM

DigEx.io

Available for registration.
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:36:33 PM

Here are some suggestions: DigiPay.com, DigiEx.com, DigiExchange.com, DgbExchange.com, DgbPay.com DgbTrade.com
lionhead666

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:46:30 PM

DigEx.io

Available for registration.

Digex is already a name of a company. So they could get in trouble.
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:47:17 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2014, 08:24:05 PM by sammy007

Here are some suggestions: DigiPay.com, DigiEx.com, DigiExchange.com, DgbExchange.com, DgbPay.com DgbTrade.com

Exchange should not depend directly on one coin. My proposal much better, Dig (mine), Exchange. -> digex. Simply awesome.

BTW, digix, digixchange, etc.

Digi-Pay.com... it's an exchange, not a payment processing system isn't it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: