Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:07:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: factors that can make bitcoin stable  (Read 472 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10327

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:08:35 AM

It seems to me that sometimes the concept of stability is thrown into the discussion as if bitcoin would be able to achieve such "stability" in a short period of time, which is nonsense.

If any of us gets some kind of grasp about what bitcoin is, then we will recognize that one of its main current components is instability and volatility.  One of the aspects of bitcoin that you are likely to be able to take to the bank in the coming years, in regards to bitcoin is volatility and instability because as of now, and into the foreseeable future, bitcoin is continuing to experience an ongoing battle which is also about it's price and also relates to it's adoption. 

It is quite likely that bitcoin has considerably less than 1% world-wide adoption, so even if there might be pockets of greater than 1% adoption, the overall adoption remains quite small, which is likely to continue to result in ongoing battles over BTC price - even while there may be periods in which BTC prices don't appear to be moving very much (periods of price consolidation, which might feel like less price movement for periods of time and corrections), but the battle is going continue, and as long as bitcoin continues to exist and does not get broken, the adoption will continue and likely stability would come once the market becomes somewhat mature and adoption is high.. such as 80% adoption?  I am not proclaiming to know where bitcoin is going exactly, but it seems a lot more difficult to move the price when the overall market cap increases - and even beyond the market cap of gold, which is still 50x larger than bitcoin's current market cap.

If bitcoin's market cap would equal the market cap of gold, then each bitcoin would be valued in the $500k arena, and depending on how fast bitcoin reaches those kinds of prices might depend on whether bitcoin becomes stable (which also seems doubtful to be stable any time soon).  Perhaps 100x the market cap of gold might bring some longer term "stability" to bitcoin?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
BitRentXx

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:31:33 AM

When the number of miners and the number of bitcoin fans is balanced, the bitcoin value will regain steady. Because of the large number of coins on the market and the number of bitcoin buyers that determine the price of bitcoin.
And if bitcoin owners want to HOLD their bitcoins for a long time, then Satosi's expectation to make bitcoin as a global currency will be achieved.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:34:10 AM

Unfortunately there are no factors that can make bitcoin really stable, with more people adopting bitcoin maybe it can reduce the volatility but it won't be completely stable, one of the decentralisation concept is volatility, so no matter what happened bitcoin wont be able to be stable like fiat, the market is moving everyday, demand and supply always happen everyday, so the price won't stay for too long
icoprofits

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:28:08 AM

bitcoin is decentralised currency so the main factor it wont be stable in the coming future is bitcoin growth is completely on traders hand mostly whales they pump and dump the market
rjsmith
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:02:49 AM

I don't belief that bitcoin can make stable,because bitcoin demand is always and almost very high.I think the supply and demand are almost equal or it has properties that make it similar to gold.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:06:53 AM

I think the best way is to make it completely decentralize , I mean if there were no whales in it and it distributed in all hands the price followed a logical trend and technical analysis could work on it , since more than 90% of bitcoins are in less than 10% of wallets now , I hope someday it becomes like that and we see no whale in it .

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
eikzbtc

Activity: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:18:15 AM

What do you mean stable? I think it's stable as hell right now, and volatility hasn't been that great for quite a long time. That is good for BTC as stable asset but bad for traders.
jporter80

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:52:02 AM

If bitcoin becomes more of an investment product than just a digital currency,the price of bitcoin is surely to stabilize.
Once bitcoin becomes even more secure,even heavier strings will become attached to it,hence making it more stable.
It needs to become an underlying asset for an instrument like ETF to achieve the much needed price stability.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:31:09 PM

we know many of the factors that make bitcoin fall and also we already know that many factors make bitcoin rise and high. bitcoin volatility affects all trades on the market.

I am still skeptical about the factors that make the bitcoin stable. please share your knowledge here about factors that can make a stable market!

Stability comes when there is a balance between demand and supply. Bitcoin's supply is limited as we know and the demand for bitcoin keeps on fluctuating resulting in the price volatility, we are very far from adoption and regulation so until bitcoin goes mainstream and people are comfortable with it and the price of bitcoin reaches a level according to its demand. You can't predict its stability and to be honest bitcoin's volatility is its X-factor.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:08:22 PM

we know many of the factors that make bitcoin fall and also we already know that many factors make bitcoin rise and high. bitcoin volatility affects all trades on the market.

I am still skeptical about the factors that make the bitcoin stable. please share your knowledge here about factors that can make a stable market!

Even how hard you dig,you will never find answer about th question budz,because you have mentioned this coin is volatile so where in the world would this be stable?and the market how will move grow or dump if the bitcoon price become stable.

I use to asked the same question in mind but as i grew in this community i found what i wanted to know,and thats the impossibility of this crypto coin to be stable
GawirZZ

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:31:05 PM

one of which is that many big investors who invest their money in bitcoin are one of the factors of bitcoin price increase and the factor that keeps bitcoin prices down seems to be because of bad news about bitcoin spread and top websites prohibit bitcoin advertisements.
gbale

Activity: 120
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:51:50 PM

I think if there is no bad news about bitcoin or fake news that attacks crytpo then the price will stabilize.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
Geurangsang

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:41:15 PM

I think no way to keep Bitcoin can stable because it's a not decentralized system that mean there is no one can take control of the prise. Bitcoin prise will always follow market in support an demand. I think that is make bitcoin so awesome. Bitcoin like wild animals. They will uncontrol when market has busy and will calm when slack. That is the Bitcoin world, no one can take control.

Wilsonong222

Activity: 130
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:41:50 PM

In my own opinion the most important factors that will make bitcoin stable is when most of the people view this as one of the main financial currency. Many perceive the BTC as investment but not as currency. The price volatility of BTC is because of the sudden shift supply and demand during the trading in the market. But once BTC became the main currency of financial market then the price will start to become stable.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    PRE-ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:15:15 PM

No factors will make Bitcoin stable, because then it will lose the interest of investors. What is the point in investing if it is stable?
Bitcoin is interesting because it can be earned  Cool or lost  Embarrassed.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:58:26 PM

No factors will make Bitcoin stable, because then it will lose the interest of investors. What is the point in investing if it is stable?
Bitcoin is interesting because it can be earned  Cool or lost  Embarrassed.

I agree. There is no factor that can make Bitcoin price stable. The price in the market is based on the supply and demand. The more users, the higjer the prices will be specially if there is only limited supplies. News can also affect the price. If there is good news, the price will surely go up and if there is bad news or FUD, it will surely decrease.
miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:18:01 PM

That's how decentralized coins works, you will give the people the freedom from their currency or assets this will more likely going to fluctuates due to the central control being removed giving people choices and expression with their own money plus the demands and newbies getting in and out of the market, people who wants to profit from trading, it will never be a stable coin even if all the bitcoin will be mined.

vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:41:14 PM

Many traders and investors may be wishing that bitcoin price  should and can be stable, but the truth still remains that bitcoin price can not be stable or else it might have reached to a certain stage where the price is probably too high. The price of bitcoin is mostly controlled by people's emotions as a result of FUDs, FOMO and constant trading by many traders for profit. If all this are gone, then the price can be stable. 
whaawh

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:44:38 PM

Many traders and investors may be wishing that bitcoin price  should and can be stable, but the truth still remains that bitcoin price can not be stable or else it might have reached to a certain stage where the price is probably too high. The price of bitcoin is mostly controlled by people's emotions as a result of FUDs, FOMO and constant trading by many traders for profit. If all this are gone, then the price can be stable. 
I also think so, because if Bitcoin is stable, then the public interest in it will fall. At least the majority of users of crypto currency earn on the difference in the price of Bitcoin And this is its main feature.
GeckoTrader

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:51:25 PM

I would say that the adaptability of bitcoin to the society will be the greatest effect on bitcoin stability. When bitcoin will be fully recognized by government and it is legalized I am pretty sure that bitcoin will become more stable. 
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: