Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:21:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did crypto become mainstream too early?  (Read 555 times)
jc89

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:29:45 PM

Hear me out: I think we got too popular too fast. The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case. Maybe we needed some more time for the technology to mature (no scaling issues, slow transactions, etc) THEN the normies come in. Right?

I don'y think cryptocurrency is getting popular fast enough. It has been 9 years (if I am not mistaken) since the existence of the first cryptocurrency and yet we are not yet in the mainstream. Yes there are many people getting engaged to cryptocurrency but this does not mean we are in the mainstream already. Although I agree that we need to have much powerful technology to handle any issue before we go mainstream.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
Koontas

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

Hear me out: I think we got too popular too fast. The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case. Maybe we needed some more time for the technology to mature (no scaling issues, slow transactions, etc) THEN the normies come in. Right?
In my opinion we are not yet mainstream. I know many computer scientists and IT consultants that do not understand Bitcoin or crypto in general. We are far away from mainstream...

Don't trust any exchange!
bananadines

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:09:05 PM

It has not become mainstream too early.. I think we will become mainstream by end of 2019, it was just a small testpump in my eyes and more people will start to invest into crypto coins in the next couple of months!
bambazamba

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:44:58 PM

This is totally coming out from a very ignorant person . Blockchain is not too "early" . It is in the world since 1980s and has taken so much time already to mature and reach to the people . Does it need more time ? I really don't think so . Moreover , technology matures with time and it is the fact for all other technologies which are even the biggest and oldest in the market .
gracer88

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:45:45 PM

The technology of cryptocurrencies is not yet ready for daily use, but it is going to this.
 Now cryptocurrencies are basically a speculative tool for earning.

miyaka26

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:11:17 PM

Too early? it doesn't even touch the main deal for the popularity yet, media and some people are spreading negativity about it tainting it with its issues and past concerns that's what they want to drive the price down and sell their own stuff or they want to buy more bitcoins cheap, scaling issues and slow transactions may be fixed in due time it's not that bad at all in the current status.

Olawale16

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:18:42 PM

Crypto have not become mainstream yet, because it is nowhere near the popularity of bitcoin. So crypto is just catching up
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:41:55 PM

Though it seen that you have said the right but we need this popularity and mainstream for public adoptions and used.  Some enthusiasts has taken it on themselves to enlighten the populace about bitcoin and others cryptocurrencies and without this popularity it might become very difficult to explain to the society the benefits of using cryptocurrencies for day today activities.
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:23:26 PM

I am too old to know what or who you refer to as "normies". Cheesy

I don't think crypro became popular too fast and I don't think crypto reached mainstream yet.

That out, I think what happened is too many people speculated and pumped money on crypto to make instant money and when the price started to correct, they did a massive cash out (bailed out) causing the crash.

What we need are investors who actually believe in it and not just for a quick cash.  People who actually learn/know/understand the potential of crypto technology.   I mean we all want quick cash but most members here (I hope) are more for the long haul, come good or bad times.

The future is here, and I am glad I caught it in its infancy. Smiley
livingfree

Activity: 2828
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:34:59 PM

The normal person on the ground would expect to use crypto much more for daily-life transactions but this is not currently the case.
It's not the case for you but the fact that it can be use for daily transactions and it's real happening in the real world.

Bitcoin is not being used for everyday transactions (once a month from exchange to wallet is not everyday transaction. Only in few countries it is possible to go shoping only with bitcoin wallet, bet even there only minority use it). We have 200k transactions daily on bitcoin. Visa have 150 mil. With that amount transaction fees will be anormous.
There are stores online that are accepting bitcoin and if you'll check the volume of transfers, how can you determine that the tx is not coming from an exchange to wallet?

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactions.html

Check that chart on how many tx are there everyday and lets assume that most of it from exchange to wallet but you can't deny the fact that there are some use of it for daily living.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 11:54:37 PM

Yes it is. Cryptocurrencies become to early because many people do adopt and legalize it even in a shorter period of time.

I can say mainstream because almost all people around the world did already recognized and know how to use crypto , there were now also business and companies that warmly partners with it .

Although cryptos arent primarily being use in offline transactions because they are still lack of features like they cant work fully independent without the help of internet connectivity.
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:13:15 AM

This is a very wrong thought and assumption, we are not yet mainstream if that is what you think, the mainstream you are talking about are those paid for content on forbes and bloomberg promoting their ICO, the adoption is there, I read a tweeter post today saying that 2% of those selling their cars now have Crypto as payment option

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Mr.Gun

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:27:23 AM

The possibility is so because I know if crypto too quickly popular then the risk is also there and so I am sure will be mainstream let alone many people who use crypto as a transaction every day because we also many  much time for now

Zerovv

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:54:09 AM

Yes and it's very bad. i think crypto become mainstream to early and (maybe) will die too early . i hope it won't be like this but we lost trend (((
bunzola

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 07:49:19 AM

Where do you see the "normies"?
My experience is that many people have heard of BTC and crypto (due to the news coverage in the last bubble), but only a very small minority uses it or roughly knows how it works. What crypto needs is easy-to-use apps and clients that even the dumbest user can use. (something like a crypto whatsapp that can be used to pay simply). Until then a majority won't be reached I'm afraid.

In my opinion crypto is currently at the same point of it's time line as the internett in the mid 90s.  In other words, the general public are aware of it, fearful of it, curious and waiting for someone else to do it and tell them how it is before they do anything.

I would say around 5 years of development of the industry before mass adoption happens as a lot of things need to happen in the industry before that will happen.

User Friendly
Lower Risk Platforms
Unfortunately some form of regulations to make people feel a level of secruity
And lots more
Coins.co

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:04:44 AM

At the current state, cryptocurrency is used solely for making profit and is treated as asset. When all the hype lowers and the market balances, we will be able to use it for its original purposes. It didn't go mainstream too early but the sooner people stop using it for making profit the better for the whole world and our future.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

Just a note. Yes, it has "become mainstream" in the sense that everybody knows what is crypto now (or thinks they know). But it is not yet approached mainstream USE and we are still considered early adopters if we start USING it now. Remember a lot of people think they hold crypto but it is not the same as using it until you either start paying and getting paid in crypto, or start using it for your daily life activities.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:23:45 AM

This is totally coming out from a very ignorant person . Blockchain is not too "early" . It is in the world since 1980s and has taken so much time already to mature and reach to the people . Does it need more time ? I really don't think so . Moreover , technology matures with time and it is the fact for all other technologies which are even the biggest and oldest in the market .
Although this idea has long time existed but the realization is in a few years ago right? and the evidence is still a lot of people who are not familiar with blockchain technology? I don't think crypto will become popular and mainstream anytime soon. spreading will not be as easy as people think. many obstacles such as regulation and so forth. crypto will not be mainstrema earlier
pinoycryptoes

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:35:20 AM

Crypto is not yet popular to people and maybe in a couple of years it will trend.

That's why it good to invest while their price is low.
binhvo1505

Activity: 728
Merit: 11

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 08:47:04 AM

Yes, the Crypto market has grown so fast and it seems to be out of control. Whales have taken advantage of that to manipulate the market with ease. In addition, hackers take advantage of the opportunity to infiltrate the accounts of investors to steal their money and many fraudulent ICO projects sprout.
I think the Crypto market needs a big adjustment. It should be protected and the law should be involved in transactions and investments.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: