Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:59:53 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How you divide your wealth between altcoins and bitcoin!  (Read 470 times)
CryptoTamer

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 10:33:54 AM

Allocate to BTC 30%
Allocate to Altcoins 70%
My reason; I will buy some altcoins "maybe more than 5" so I need a bigger allocation, nowadays, Altcoin projects are quite promising and their businesses operate in industries that have high market opportunities
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:37:30 AM

BTC Allcoation would be : 33%

ALT Allocation would be : 67%

My reasons :

I would never go below 33% of my total wealth out of Bitcoin. The main reason would be obvious that it has more usability than all the other and also it is more trustworthy. Another notable thing is that I keep at least 15% in ETH and another 10% in LTC. Its my preferences.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Lanzer

Activity: 446
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:40:12 AM

It is easy my friend, i just have 40% of my funds on Bitcoin, because i trust on it, and the entire rest is on all the other altcoins that i love, just like ethereum, neo, and a few other mores.
Gelesko

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:44:10 AM

BTC Allcoation would be : 50

ALT Allocation would be : 50

My reasons :

A bit late investing everything in Bitcoin, so try to catch up investing in ALT, also don't want to put all eggs in one basket, best is to spread it out and holding 50 of your total investment in BTC, I think it's perfect

Ehrakeziah

Activity: 217
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:01:20 AM

I don't want to devide it all,i prefer to invest it all at bitcoin. Because,i have a full trust in bitcoin eversince. No one altcoins can overcome the bitcoin,it will be my good and better future,i assured it.
jimimcome907620

Activity: 397
Merit: 250

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:39:55 AM

BTC Allcoation would be : $ 20

ALT Allocation would be : $ 80

My reasons : I think btc is very reliable but it is too high now. I can not make the profit I expect maybe. I think though there are more scams, there are some good ones. With the careful choice, I may make mre profit.

haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:47:00 AM

BTC Allocation would be : $60

ALT Allocation would be : $40

My reasons :

Since I am a trader who simply believe more in bitcoin and just very few altcoins that I can hold for the long term, I see most altcoins as a way to simply increase my bitcoin position for the long run, and seeing that most of the growth that you tend to see in Alts are not sustainable as only few of them usually do not get back to their historical support after a pump, makes me see most of them as more of short term than long term.
Just watch when bitcoin is in a downtrend or a bull rally, then you will feel me, so until most of the alts can stay much on their own without being affected by the BTC market, then this would keep working well for me.
johnethearn

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:58:17 PM

Bitcoin allocation would be 60$ and all other altcoins 40$. Bitcoin is one of the most influential coins in the market. It influences greatly the price of altcoins.
FAT_32

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:12:21 PM

I like to diversify because it divides the risk that you are running while you put your money in a single coin, that it is the reason of why i think that it is one of the most important things to do
kulsuma

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:58:21 PM

Well as I am fan of bitcoin and I trust in bitcoin I have invested my 40% wealth in Bitcoin and other 60% in other altcoins. Though investing in bitcoin is a bit risky now for this reason I am applying this method for last few months. But I believe soon the market price of bitcoin will rise up.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:43:48 PM

I would allocate 40% of the funds for Bitcoin, 35% for ethereum and the remaining 25% for other promising altcoyins. Another six months - a year ago bitcoin was an unchallenged leader and with a good profit. Now it completely does not fulfill its basic functions as a means of payment and has largely lost its popularity. I give him such a large percentage so far, because practically all of the crypto currency has a price link to bitcoin and vseravno it will grow in price. True, I'm not sure already that such growth will be great. Recently, the risk of investing in bitcoin has increased, which is why I reduced the percentage of investments in it. While there will still be demand for ethereum, as ICO projects are developing, there are all new tokens that need ethereum to move. While I see a perspective in the altcoyins, bitcoin is gradually starting to recede into the background. Of course, it can still change.
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:29:04 PM

BTC Allcoation would be : 33%

ALT Allocation would be : 67%

My reasons :

There is more movement with altcoins and if you pick carefully with an element of luck you can get more returns than just holding bitcoin. Equally, you can also lose so it's a gamble but it's one that is worth taking just in case you get lucky.

Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

I have always been more of an ardent bitcoin lover than I will ever love altcoins, however, I still have some soft spot for some altcoins, and in that case I usually put more into bitcoin (%90) while less into altcoins (10%).

Bitcoin is more established, altcoins are more volatile and if I am to look at them in the OP perspective as little btc of 2009, then, I really do not need to be putting much into them, as the little I put into the legit ones right now should be good enough for me in 10 years, if peradventure, they get such huge increase.
clololck

Activity: 459

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:42:25 PM

I don't think that investment and financing need to be subdivided. I think it is me, then I will not buy Bitcoin. I think it's too expensive and it doesn't fluctuate too much. I may all buy Ethereum.
petloer

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 02:44:19 PM

This totally depends on individual and the amount they are planning to invest. For me I keep the larger portion for bitcoin and the rest for altcoin.
dianikusuma

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:06:21 PM

60% for bitcoin, and the remaining 40% for altcoin. bitcoin will undergo major changes every year and this certainly will give you a big good thing too. besides that, simultaneously with the bitcoin certainly altcoin also had to be taken there to invest. many altcoins that have the potential and of course this result is worth the wait.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1792
Merit: 598

The Martian Child

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:14:14 PM

As of right now I have more than 50% in bitcoins and ethereum. But anytime it will change as I use both currencies on buying altcoins. I also believe that crypto especially younger altcoins are at early stage that they may become very expensive soon. 

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
EricJones

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:26:24 PM

Mostly my coin portfolio is made up of about 40 percent bitcoin, thirty percent ethereum. The other thirty percent is the spot that is reserved for all of the other altcoins that I buy. Whenever I have money that I want to invest, this is how I always split it up amongst the coins for it to go around.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:32:09 PM

Mostly my coin portfolio is made up of about 40 percent bitcoin, thirty percent ethereum. The other thirty percent is the spot that is reserved for all of the other altcoins that I buy. Whenever I have money that I want to invest, this is how I always split it up amongst the coins for it to go around.

What portfolio you have mentioned is actually the total volume of the cryptocurrency market standing now. There you need to go with the bitcoin and top 5 potential altcoins to invest and make profit with in some months bro.
If you really looking forward to invest on the good coins here are the below coins mate.
Ethereum
NEO
NEM
Waves
Zcash
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:38:29 PM

BTC Allcoation would be : 50%

ALT Allocation would be : 30%

My reasons :

BTC has proven to be a safe investment for the long-term, at least from my own experience, so I've allocated a higher % of btc in my portfolio. With alts I'm much more cautious since I've experienced a few losses in the past since I used to go the long-term route...since then I've allocated a lower % of my investment in alts, and I'm also trying a different strategy to minimize the risks: short-term. The other 20% is just capital that I have prepared in case I need to buy some more (btc or altcoin).

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀