Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:28:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unusual behavior running cube miner in pools  (Read 418 times)
frank754 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:40:22 PM

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this - I'm running a single block erupter cube to mine bitcoins and on high clock it will run about 38 GHs using mining_proxy.
I've tried a few pools, but have mostly used the Eclipse Mining Consortium. With that pool, the console always shows "accepted" as the output with no glitches and both the miner and their website report my speed at 37-38. One thing that has happened twice now though, is that the website will stop accepting my shares at some random point a few days apart (and thus I'm not getting any income) and my graph and hash rate on the pool website drops to zero. Meanwhile, looking at my miner, it's still running at full speed and the console keeps saying accepted-accepted-accepted just as before. Are they trying to rip me off by doing this, or is it a temporary pool site glitch that gets corrected later?
When that happens, I've been switching over to 50btc.com which runs consistently. The problem I have there, though, is that my miner will only reach a speed of about 34-36 (on my miner tab itself) and a few percentage points less efficiency. Also, every few minutes on the mining_proxy console I get a bunch of lines "transport exception" "disconnect" etc., but that only lasts a few seconds and goes back to accepted-accepted-accepted just as before. What is the reason for this, maybe they are in a country where the internet is glitchy trying to reach them from the USA? If anyone has a "best" pool to recommend where I don't have to use my wallet address (like Eligius) as a miner name please let me know. It has to have stratum and be low or no fees but perform well. Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: