Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:58:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your top 5 altcoins - in order?  (Read 26356 times)
spyro (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:26:29 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 09:02:13 PM by spyro

I'm looking for some coins that may have slipped my radar. List your top 5 favorite (WITH REASONS)

If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:10:36 PM

Quark - 6 encryption methods vs 1 for BTC, LTC, Doge, all popular coins
It only needs 800 NEW $/day to maintain its value vs 3 million NEW $/day for BTC and 1 million NEW $/day for Doge
It is one of the fastest coins with transactions confirmed in 30 seconds vs. 10 minutes for BTC, 6 minutes for LTC
It has a community, not at Doge, BTC, or LTC levels but its growing - http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin
Its undervalued relative to infrastructure.

Peercoin - Love the developer and this means a lot with cryptos! Things could change and PPC will adapt.
Amazing new marketing push coming around (500,000$ put down).
Resistant to 51% attacks because of the checkpoint system.

Infinitecoin - IFC is a great investment for a similar reason to Quark, it needs very little $ a day to maintain its value.
Has a good community and lots of development going on.

Litecoin - A pretty stable crypto and somewhat less risky investment than many coins.
It has a huge community and many projects going on, like a mini-bitcoin in terms of marketing.
Great developer.
Definitely a better option than BTC, and while I believe that QRK and PPC are much better coins, this could win out if consumers choose it.

Pennies - CENT is not a solid investment. It's extremely risky, but I put money into it because I like the idea.
It is a complimentary currency that goes along with others and isn't competing to be #1 or #2.
It was made so people wouldn't have to .00001 BTC for a sandwhich, they can just use their CENTs.
This is my least researched coin, but it looks like it has potential.

Producer
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:18:58 PM

Quark is dead, please don't buy it anymore.

What's your reason Huh
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:19:17 PM

I don't really venture past the coins that are available on BTC-E, but I do enjoy in dabbling with the coins that they have on offer there.

I think that it will be worth holding some LTC and FTC should BTC really kick off again.

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:23:07 PM

let's see, which do I have the most of

ah

1) secondscoin,  this is some badass coin created by azn mastermind.  he went missing shortly after introduction of coin.. possibly because of https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=715792515120160

2) aliencoin,  aliens are rly cool

3) frozen

4) netcoin2

5) quark, parting was such sweet sorrow

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:42:48 PM

Diamond - Diamond combines the best from Bitcoin / Litecoin / Novacoin / Luckycoin / Florincoin , it uses both Proof of Work and Proof of Stake. This provides a excellent resistence to 51% attack. It also combines the random block feature from Luckycoin, making it the first coin in Pow/PoS category to use random blocks. It also supports transaction comments like Florincoin. This coin has very low transaction fees. It provides steady coin supply at 1 diamond per block for 8 years. Diamond development was taken over by a new high motivated team. Diamond have the potential to earn 100x or even 1000x of invested money if u plan longterm for now people try to keep value low until the got enought of them into their wallet (pretty hard because only 1440 mined each day).

Worldcoin - serious coin created to stay strong dev&comuinty support (still ranked below diamond because max per coin value gains have a much lower potential)

Earthcoin - serious coin created to stay strong dev&comuinty support (still ranked below diamond because max per coin value gains have a much lower potential)

doge - in my oppinion not serious coin but for now ideal to mine and sell i dont worry that i dont keep that coins in my wallet its only purpose is pump&dump

litecoin - if low risk and GPU mineable is ur thing ltc is still the coin but dont expect to become rich set ur goal to payoff ur gpu ina few months that will be possible a 100x value change is unrealistic

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:48:05 PM

Bitcoin

Litecoin

Quark

Namecoin

Peercoin
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:54:42 PM

It only needs 800 NEW $/day to maintain its value vs 3 million NEW $/day for BTC and 1 million NEW $/day for Doge
It is one of the fastest coins with transactions confirmed in 30 seconds vs. 10 minutes for BTC, 6 minutes for LTC
It has a community, not at Doge, BTC, or LTC levels but its growing - http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin

Peercoin - Love the developer and this means a lot with cryptos! Things could change and PPC will adapt.

Infinitecoin - IFC is a great investment for a similar reason to Quark, it needs very little $ a day to maintain its value.

Litecoin - A pretty stable crypto and somewhat less risky investment than many coins.
It has a huge community and many projects going on, like a mini-bitcoin in terms of marketing.
Great developer.
Definitely a better option than BTC, and while I believe that QRK and PPC are much better coins, this could win out if consumers choose it.

Pennies - CENT is not a solid investment. It's extremely risky, but I put money into it because I like the idea.
It is a complimentary currency that goes along with others and isn't competing to be #1 or #2.
It was made so people wouldn't have to .00001 BTC for a sandwhich, they can just use their CENTs.

I really appreciated your thoughtful post.  I don't really have five altcoins yet and analysis like this helps, I had dismissed quark as an instamine scam, your comments suggest maybe I was wrong.

Right now I would say:
Doge - Yes it is currently overpriced but it has a great community, doge-dice alone made sure this coin had some early legs, if it can continue to get support it will be a survivor.

Litecoin - I like what they are trying to do but am worried it is too close to bitcoin.  Doge developed almost as much infrastructure of support as LTC with much less time.
Gazza1

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:56:39 PM

Digibyte hands down

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Zzzack

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:03:48 PM

Quark is dead, please don't buy it anymore.

That's funny. Come at my investments bra, they're all solid!

Quark is the 4th most active reddit coin - behind BTC, LTC, and Doge
Quark has a foundation constantly funding infrastructure projects - http://www.quarkfoundation.cc/projects/
Quark has an active dev who can be reached at any time

And it has a good marketing push with many videos/infographics/media connections (Still, Keiser) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8si58DW9Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe4Myh5Rw9M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeP7REZXLjU

@Galbros - Certainly no instamine scam. Originally, people were saying it was premined but this was completely disproven by the Announcement thread on here (posted the same day as the genesis block was mined). Then came the instamine 'scam' concept which is interesting and harder to disprove. But, if you are seriously considering a large investment, I can show you why it is unlikely that Quark's mining process led to an unfair distribution. If you look at Cryptsy's volume from launch until it shot up in price, miners were dumping the coin continuously for near nothing into the hands of many investors. Now, it is still a cheap coin.

I'm not saying make it your sole investment as many others do, but it should be a third of your portfolio. I often recommend BTC 40%, LTC 30%, and QRK 30%. BTC and LTC are somewhat safe, while QRK is a high reward/high risk coin that I believe in!

Producer
Zzzack

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:07:24 PM

Great developer.

I really appreciated your thoughtful post.  I don't really have five altcoins yet and analysis like this helps, I had dismissed quark as an instamine scam, your comments suggest maybe I was wrong.

Right now I would say:
Doge - Yes it is currently overpriced but it has a great community, doge-dice alone made sure this coin had some early legs, if it can continue to get support it will be a survivor.

Litecoin - I like what they are trying to do but am worried it is too close to bitcoin.  Doge developed almost as much infrastructure of support as LTC with much less time.

As a redditor and crypto-enthusiast, I love Dogecoin. But as an Economist, and more importantly investor, I don't see Doge as maintaining its PER COIN price. It's market cap may be stable and go up, but investors will lose money. Need a further explanation on the difference in per coin and market cap fluctuations? Just ask me.

My reasoning for Doge's dropping per coin price is the amount of NEW money it needs daily. QRK will go down in price if it doesn't receive 800 NEW $ a day AT its current price. Doge will go down in price if it doesn't receive 1.3 million NEW $ a day AT its current price. (For reference, BTC needs 3 million and LTC needs 500k a day).

Producer
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 11:22:40 PM

Let me only address the coins mentioned here.
Avoid at all COST:
Pennies
Infinitecoin
Digibyte
Earthcoin
Doge
Diamond
Netcoin2
Frozen
Aliencoin
secondscoin

The other ones seem fine, maybe add MEC, CGB, SBC.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:43:37 PM

Great developer.

That's some nice information there but I would have to agree mostly with pennies as it isn't a solid investment and is very risky in fact I wouldn't even bother investing at all the risk is too great.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
welltrader

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:58:52 PM

Litecoin
Dogecoin
Coino
Noble
UFO
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:11:16 AM

Bitcoin
Litecoin
Feathercoin

are the only ones I'm interested in holding. Don't really care for any others.
Jeezy911

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:16:38 AM

Worldcoin- because of Scharmbeck
Kittehcoin- because of Doge, and max Kieser
Dogecoin- because of volume
Etheruem- because of Andreas Antonopoulos
Scharmbeck shares- not a coin but yea

This is a winning list, believe it if you want.

aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:26:49 AM

Gridcoin - supports research by incorporating BOINC in its rewards system

Nxt - seems like a real winner in terms of functionality

Worldcoin - doing really well plus I love the transaction speed

Feathercoin - great community

Litecoin - the altcoin that started it all

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:27:33 AM

ITT: free advertising
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:29:11 AM

What do you guys think about Particle and CGB?
GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:40:26 AM

1) Quark - well because the community is pretty incredible and actually has the capability of becoming big. The economic model and the cost all seem really appealing to me. I truly think 3 main family of crypto-currency will raise. Quark being CPU while Litecoin, and bitcoin is GPU/ASIC. The top 3 will definitely be Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Quark coin. Also the Quark video is so well made.

2) Dogecoin - for now but it's not something that is going to last. I do think the community in Doge is pretty incredible, but because of the name and billions of coins that is being mined. I just don't see it lasting. I really do hope it last because a lot of people will end up hurt at the end if it crashes.

3) Emunie - They looks really promising and I can see it becoming big.

4) Curecoin - Seem interesting on what they're trying to do.

5) Zerocoin - Seem interesting too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: