Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:02:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex USD trading pairs  (Read 270 times)
Bencus (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:45:04 PM

Today upon visiting Bittrex, I saw that there are USD trading pairs.

You can trade these into USD: Bitcoin, Tether and TrueUSD.

Instantly what came to my mind, that this may end the altcoin dependance on Bitcoin. I consider this a really big step towards that.

Personally, I would welcome this, as I'm pretty bored of the altcoins following BTC's trend. Even if some big names criticise Bitcoin, but not any other coin, makes the whole market drop, while only Bitcoin should. This may change easily, and I'm hoping for it.
As I see it, Bitcoin is technically outdated, and I see no point of it other than everything trades into it.

I found some source if you want to dig a little deeper:
https://www.cryptoground.com/a/bittrex-usd-trading-pairs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randomhumster

Activity: 97
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:54:43 PM

I would say it is the end of Bitrex being independent from government. Now regulators own them. Unfortunately, it will happen to all exchanges on some day.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:24:38 PM

I rarely use bittrex but a trading pair with USD is an improvement for cryptocurrency, specially to BTC. A fiat trading pair is something i wish for a long time, just like what bithumb did when all of their trading pair was KRW which is their fiat money. Let us all hope that most big exchanges will follow what Bittrex and Bithumb did. The only question is does Bittrex have a proof that those USD are  trully back up by fiat money? Bithumb already proof how much money they have to backed up those KRW.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:23:55 PM

having a USD pairing in altcoins doesn't mean altcoins are now independent and not dependent with Bitcoin. Bitcoin will always have an impact in altcoin even if there is an available pair for USD in Bittrex because the traders doesn't rely their trades in USD pair, they always trade using BTC pair.
manoj6233

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:25:16 PM

Prominent US cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex will offer USD trading pairs to customers in select states now that it has found a banking partner, the firm announced on Thursday. ... Since its founding in 2013, Bittrex has served as a “crypto-to-crypto” exchange, facilitating ...
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:39:43 PM

Personally, I would welcome this, as I'm pretty bored of the altcoins following BTC's trend. Even if some big names criticise Bitcoin, but not any other coin, makes the whole market drop, while only Bitcoin should. This may change easily, and I'm hoping for it.
As I see it, Bitcoin is technically outdated, and I see no point of it other than everything trades into it.

I get your point, but for me, it all comes down to where you put your trust in. I personally value BTC much much higher than USD.
To me, it only makes sense to trade vs BTC. Bitcoin is my reference point, because it is ultimately the currency I would like to keep.
As for being technically outdated, I have to disagree. When billions of dollars are at stake, you need no fancy untested technologies.
You need a stable, tested code, a code backed up by excellent developers that has endured the test of time.
Otherwise things like the Ethereum DAO hack or similar hacks are just around the corner.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:44:29 PM

Apparently, it’s s very great development from the exchange but no one would argue the fact that one man’s food is another man poison. What i’m Saying essence is not everyone is okay trading with UsD pairs for the fact that they love trading with BTC but I don’t think there is any way which it would affect each other. Everyone is entitled to their opinion
adsdas

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:00:52 PM

this is good. people have another way to put money into crypto world beside using usdt. With many bad news about usdt that will be a good future for us when have this pairs

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:04:44 PM

this is cool,I think such things move forward the exchange,the more useful innovations that can help people,and more convenient to work,trade,etc., is a definite plus.Especially when you want to bring everything sharply in Fiat,and simplicity physically do not have time,and the rate falls to avoid all withdraw in USDT and all you have kept, and quietly sell and withdraw in cash

adjiku

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:09:15 PM

this is a good start so everyone has another way to invest his money into the world of crypto because after all the price of the Bittrex site is often the benchmark of other trading sites in setting the bitcoin and ethereum values.
Bencus (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:48:24 PM

As for being technically outdated, I have to disagree. When billions of dollars are at stake, you need no fancy untested technologies.
Depends what is your goal. It is true, that a tested technology should be implemented, but that does not mean there would be no other that can do everything better.
The main problem I see with Bitcoin, are the slow transactions, high transaction fees, the power usage by the vast mining infrastucture. The slow transactions are due to the block times and the increasing difficulty. On the other hand, these (power usage, and the mining infrastucture) provide a basic minimum value to bitcoin.

You need a stable, tested code, a code backed up by excellent developers that has endured the test of time.
Otherwise things like the Ethereum DAO hack or similar hacks are just around the corner.
I think Ethereum DAO is built onto the chain, not essentially proving that Ethereum would be less capable than Bitcoin, for anything. But I might be wrong pn this one.

having a USD pairing in altcoins doesn't mean altcoins are now independent and not dependent with Bitcoin. Bitcoin will always have an impact in altcoin even if there is an available pair for USD in Bittrex because the traders doesn't rely their trades in USD pair, they always trade using BTC pair.
Never really said that alts are completely independent, but I see this action of Bittrex as a step towards that. I would love to see bigger coins, like ETH being on their own, acting free of Bitcoin. Obviously, the bigger coins will have an impact on each other, you are right about that.
But I can see some traders might rather opt for a USD pair if its convenient, and easily available.
I guess with time, we can see the influence it brings. If we could buy altcoins straight from fiat currency at an exchange, that could mean losing dependence on Bitcoin. But it might be just me.
santino11

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:50:05 PM

USDT is a big come on our market.
USDT will be a big earner into this, they just want to join for the people to enjoy the currency.
but don't get me wrong in due time this will fade as cryptocurrency will be into the whole world/
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:55:25 PM

Instantly what came to my mind, that this may end the altcoin dependance on Bitcoin. I consider this a really big step towards that.

sad but true that bitcoin effect on altcoins is not going to end any soon.. every ico and even most of alt pairs are in btc so i don't think so that btc dependence will ever end, though usd pairing is a good step toward the crypto adoption

maumaugurin

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 09:06:03 PM

Thank you for the article. I think there is no problem if altcoins are dependent on bitcoin price. As bitcoin has that much potential that other coins price can be dependent on it.
Neymar10

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:09:08 PM

I think it's very cool. And I think that many people who doubted will now be able to trade cryptocurrency.
Almasani

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 09:24:46 PM

Yes, exchanging each Altcoins with USD makes it easy for those using conventional currency, especially usd. But not the majority of crypto users use USD, for countries that do not use USD I think it needs smart solutions, such as creating local exchange.
jawatulen

Activity: 398
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:36:10 PM

thats why i 100% believe if bittrex is the best exchange at this moment
if others exchange use exchange token or coins to make crypto trader interesting with the exchange but not with bittrex
ashley_49

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:29:00 PM

There is no clear cut or proven relationship between bitcoin and altcoins. Bitcoin has no relation to others. But it is seen from the past that when bitcoin is doing good, alt coins are doing good but it is not guaranteed that it will happen always. Bitcoin is the market leader, so others may get benefits because of this but that is optional.
annasadia

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:53:12 AM

As far as i know Bitrex are free from government. Now they are their own decision maker. I think we can see it will occur with all the exchanges.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:59:08 AM

It's still not available right now, as far as i know the bittrex exchange site is still waiting for the approval from their partner to make USD pair will available on the bittrex exchange site. The team has stated that the bittrex exchange site still need to configure it with the partner to give ability to the users will able to withdraw their money through the USD directly.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄