Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:58:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Password not recognized on Metamask  (Read 136 times)
ohmanu (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:47:45 PM

I hate this wallet.
Indeed, every day that I want to connect, he does not recognize my password. I am obliged to make a restoration via the seed each time.

On the first 2 days I said "well I'm wrong in the seizure". But in fact no, I type in slow motion by respecting the case. In fact, I noticed that on the same session, if I disconnect and I reconnected several times, then no problem of connection and password recognition.
On the other hand, when I switch off the PC and come back another day, Metamask does not recognize my password. Obliged to restore via the seed ... And rebelote to import my MEW and my tokens. Very heavy to repeat this manipulation each time. So no confidence to put ETH and Tokens on it. If that happens, everything will disappear as it does not recognize my password from one session to another.
I use it under Chrome.
Finally, I name the Wallet for example "My wallet". The session after the name disappeared and returned to "Account1". The ETH address is still the same though (thankfully!)

As this wallet annoys me and I am "hard" mode on this story of unrecognized password. I had the idea to test my password without the capital letters that normally are there. Result: the wallet opens !! While he should not if he respected the case! It sucks security side!
On the other hand the list of the tokens that I had returned disappeared as usual and the name of the wallet was well reset to "Account 1"

(Sorry for my English because my native language is French)
lyla rose

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 09:37:41 PM

Actually I do not have any idea regarding this coin and its operation. Since you are having problem in this coin, you can ask in the forum of the coin or you can send email or complaint regarding this. If you really fed up then it is good to search for the alternative coin to invest.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 06:56:00 AM

I think it can be harmful for investor. Because it is risky wallet for all investors. So i suggest you neglect Metamask. Nowadays many hardware wallets are available in the market.
sufiasyl

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 09:15:33 AM

Well, I have read your article. Sometimes there might be some server problem or some technical problem may occur for which you are facing this serious problem. Try to recover it and then if this problem is not gone go for another wallet.
bonballi

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:58:46 AM

Probably, Metamask is facing some internal issues. You can change you wallet. There're a lot of wallet which has credibility. But, do research before you open new one.
ohmanu (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 10:17:44 AM

Thanks for all responses
sainaselalisa

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:42:53 AM

There are many good wallets available in the market. You can try hardware wallets. They are safer and more secure.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:12:25 PM

I've never faced that kind issue on my MetaMask. Even I use an alphanumeric password on my MetaMask (I can't write my password directly, need copy paste  Cheesy). So I haven't an idea whats going on with yours  Huh. Have you tried to re-installing the addon or may the Chrome itself?
passioncrypto

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

You should than change your wallet as soon as possible. Thankyou for giving your review on this. Hope this will help many in choosing a wallet.
garybyerz

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:55:14 AM

Its up to you how you use your wallet. You have to verified your wallet well, but as we see there are many complain about metamask. So there are many wallets try those and might you get better result.
CoachCarter

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:48:08 PM

I've never faced that kind issue on my MetaMask. Even I use an alphanumeric password on my MetaMask (I can't write my password directly, need copy paste  Cheesy). So I haven't an idea whats going on with yours  Huh. Have you tried to re-installing the addon or may the Chrome itself?

Yeah you are right. I dont even have any problem revolving about my password being not recognised by metamask. Try to read this link if this can help you with your problem: https://metamask.helpscoutdocs.com/article/21-how-to-get-logs-and-help-metamask-support-and-diagnose-your-issue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: