Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:49:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful submitting your information(KYC) to random ICOS  (Read 252 times)
que91

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:57:33 PM

I think all investors already know it because they don't want their documents are sold on dark market because of doing KYC for a scam ICO project Smiley.
At the moment, as I can see ICO investors often invest in ICO projects which don't require KYC but they still invest in projects require KYC if it's a really good and truthworthy project Smiley
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:16:37 PM

do you know most of the ICO also require investor submit their KYC, allow them to check the source of funds raised during the token sale and verifying each buyer’s identity and residency, but we only can choose one - KYC or Money, you can't participant their token sale if don't pass KYC, actually ICO required KYC is ok for me because I'll check everything and just invest in promising project
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 03:20:22 PM

Yes. I do agree with you. The outcome of it is unimaginable and most of all, terrible. That's why, as much as possible, do not join in campaigns that require KYC or Know-Your-Customer procedure. I know that, not all of them means harm. But, being cautious won't bring us harm, right? And for those who want to create a coin, please. Just please. Don't use KYC if possible. And I know that it is, since there are lots of successful coins without needing the KYC process.
BlockpassIdentity

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 03:22:02 PM

The problem is that KYC is going to become mandatory and it's not only a pain to have to repeat but also shares personal information.

That's the reason Blockpass is working on a truly self-sovereign identity verification app. The first version is already out and in future versions we will be enabling zero knowledge proofs to allow companies to verify your data without actually having access to it. Then this issue of submitting info to random people will be solved.

Check us out www.blockpass.org
Ekosistim

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2018, 03:31:15 PM

yes im agree with you, personal database was have a value now and they can sell it, lets say the same case with Facebook, on asian region Facebook was being hijacked and many user database was stolen, so be carefull guys with regist form that you want to filled when regist on any ico.

FINANCEX || THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
━ ⋄❖⋄ PUBLIC ICO COUNTDOWN : ICO WEBSITE || Join NOW!!! ⋄❖⋄ ━ (https://ico.financex.io/)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: