Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Arrow LTD: Order #XXX Prospero X-1 and Prospero X-3 delivery delays  (Read 6396 times)
TechByPC (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:32:57 AM

Email Follows:

We have to inform you that our schedule to manufacture and assemble the system has been disrupted and we are unable to make delivery of the Batch 1 Minion ASIC chip on the initial scheduled date (end of February). We are now expecting to dispatch all Batch 1 orders on 1st of May 2014.

Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets. However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping in order to ensure that the product provides the best-possible user experience.

Without this delay we would have achieved 1.5W/Ghash which would have meant that our chip would not have been competitive at all.

We have now finalized the design process using our newly improved code and will start manufacturing the chip (tape out) in the next few days.

We are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption. We confirm that our latest improved design has the following technical specifications:

·0.75w/Ghash on TT corner @ 25C which is expected to run at 120Ghash/sec.

·SS corner will be 0.6w/ghash and will run at 100Ghash.

·A further underclocking and underpower should be possible and should yield 80Ghash @ 0.5W/ghash. However, please note that this is not guaranteed to work stable.

Please note, that a further push for improvement in the optimization process would have guaranteed further delays for at least 1-2 months.

It is no secret to us that the Bitcoin mining process is proving to be more and more difficult every day. To compensate our loyal customer for the unforeseen delay of in delivering our miners for batch 1, we are happy to offer free extra hashing power which consists of 25% of your purchased hashing power from our Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months.

The account for the tape-out has been settled in full and we are confident that the delivery will be completed shortly.

We are taking all the necessary measures and positive actions to expedite delivery to you as soon possible and we are confident that we have the resources to be successful.

Please note:

·We estimate that the delivery for the Batch1 will coincide with the delivery of the Batch2

·The delivery of Batch2 remains unchanged

·The one-off offer presented above is open to the customers who placed orders for Batch1

Sincerely,

The Black Arrow Software Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:37:17 AM

just got this too.

NOT COOL.
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 03:39:59 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2022, 07:43:22 AM by sebdude420

We have to inform you that our schedule to manufacture and assemble the system has been disrupted and we are unable to make delivery of the Batch 1 Minion ASIC chip on the initial scheduled date (end of February). We are now expecting to dispatch all Batch 1 orders on 1st of May 2014.
Please be re-assured we are confident that we have tried our best to accomplish our initial ambitious targets. However, we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping in order to ensure that the product provides the best-possible user experience.
Without this delay we would have achieved 1.5W/Ghash which would have meant that our chip would not have been competitive at all.
We have now finalized the design process using our newly improved code and will start manufacturing the chip (tape out) in the next few days.
We are happy to announce that Black Arrow Software’s products remain on target for being the best in their class for power consumption. We confirm that our latest improved design has the following technical specifications:
·0.75w/Ghash on TT corner @ 25C which is expected to run at 120Ghash/sec.
·SS corner will be 0.6w/ghash and will run at 100Ghash.
·A further underclocking and underpower should be possible and should yield 80Ghash @ 0.5W/ghash. However, please note that this is not guaranteed to work stable.
Please note, that a further push for improvement in the optimization process would have guaranteed further delays for at least 1-2 months.
It is no secret to us that the Bitcoin mining process is proving to be more and more difficult every day. To compensate our loyal customer -------------------------------------for the unforeseen delay of in delivering our miners for batch 1,
------------------------------------------------------
we are happy to offer free extra hashing power which consists of 25% of your purchased hashing power from our Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------ So if i ordered 1000Ghs in batch one i get 250GHS in their cloud for 4 months?

EDIT

FUCK BLACK ARROW MOTHER FUCKING SCAMMER ASS FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT>

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 03:40:30 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2022, 07:43:45 AM by sebdude420

This totally blows. i just ordered another 20 units yesterday.

EDIT

FUCK BLACK ARROW MOTHER FUCKING SCAMMER ASS FUCKING PIECES OF SHIT>

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
huryde

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:53:29 AM

Anyone know when the Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months @ 25% of purchase power will start? It would be nice if they started that at the original delivery date.

tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:16:46 AM

They can't do that if they don't have any.  If they have them, they'd ship them.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
kfactor

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:27:12 AM

I can't say I'm shocked, lucky I don't have too much skin in the BA game
redmonski

Activity: 201

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:21:09 AM

Anyone know when the Rent-Some-Minions cloud program for 4 months @ 25% of purchase power will start? It would be nice if they started that at the original delivery date.

Maybe they can use the bitfury? For the meantime, until they deliver the prosperos, Instead of increasing the power of our hashspeeds. Can we propose this to them?

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░█░░░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░▀░█▄░█                           ✦ Crypto For The Layman ✦  •  ✦ Blockchain in a Safe Box ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░█▀▀█░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░█░▀█      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░▀██░█░░█░███░▀██░▀██▀░█░█░░█         【Please mine on [url=https://pool.pascalpool.org/#
/]PASA 94028-93
djtriggz

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:17:20 AM

Just got the same email!!!! Grrr
achib

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:12:58 AM

Thank God i canceled my x3 order and only my x-1 order is now delayed ...  ;( This sucks !
reznor

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:03:43 PM

Totally disappointed with the delay! Black Arrow must refund a part of the whole price for those who ordered the product or must refund any customer request for that matter.

Well they said and i quote:

"we came to the conclusion that it is in the best interest of our customers to delay shipping in order to ensure that the product provides the best-possible user experience"

We need the miner in February or March not in May! Doesn't matter if it is only 80-100 gh/s just continue with your original plan!
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:35:33 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 05:03:15 PM by Gator-hex

It was pretty obvious they weren't gonna make February without a tape-out in December.

$3/GH is what other manufacturers pegged for April/May also.

nytrolic

Activity: 165

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:11:07 PM

Feel a little bit sorry for everyone thats ordered one of these, that's going to be a pretty serious set back

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
TechByPC (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:15:43 PM

It was pretty obvious they weren't gonna make February without a tape-out.

$3/GH is what other manufacturers pegged for April/May also.

I agree. What I really wonder is if the resellers were also aware of this. I, for one, wouldn't have wanted to be a part of that mess knowing that information. Of course I still bought in, obviously, and also with a reseller. I have not heard anything from the reseller yet (also Batch 1) on the delay, so I am thinking that BA did not even bother to inform its resellers. Ah well, just like my first BFL purchase it is time to consider this a sunk cost and go about my business. When they arrive I'll be pleasantly surprised and happy with any return I can get.

Mainly I'm interested in replacing a blade setup before summer comes and I have to deal with the heat.
Tubesock

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:23:37 PM

Let's home that the difficulty does not exceed 5 billion by then!....  

Maybe they can use the bitfury? For the meantime, until they deliver the prosperos, Instead of increasing the power of our hashspeeds. Can we propose this to them?
I wonder if they would ship me a few of there 40ghash bitfury devices as a customer service resolution for the interim.  They won't be worth much after May anyway, and it looks like they are trying to get rid of them. I would trade 500 Ghash extra for 4 months starting in May for 80-100 Ghash tomorrow.
blackarrow

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 06:37:00 AM

This totally blows. i just ordered another 20 units yesterday.

The delay is only for Batch 1. If you have ordered 20 units yesterday you are in Batch 2 and not affected by this delay.

We manufacture Bitcoin ASICs and Bitcoin mining equipment.
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com
TomCoin

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:54:08 AM

HI Thomas

We would like to assure you.this delays are only forProspero X-1 and Prospero X-3 product. this doesnt affect your "Rent-Some-Minions - 4 months (starts in March 2014) order.Thank you for understanding.We appreciate your business with us.

Sincerely
The Black Arrow Team
shiunsai

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:54:50 PM

We should get bitfury boards now to compensate, instead of 25% hosting.
pdawg

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:37:38 AM

These will never ever ROI if paid by BTC.  For a may delivery they should be priced at 1 btc, and even then you would only net +3 btc

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:36:48 PM

It seems none of the pre-orders (no matter from which manufacturers) have been delivered on schedule...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: