Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where are all the Bitcoin millionaires?  (Read 4407 times)
Prolifik (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:30:18 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 10:24:15 PM by Prolifik

I thought by now I would see a few Bitcoin millionaires living large on youtube, but I'm seeing a lack of videos. Where are they?

bitcerto

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:39:35 AM

I've been thinking this same thing. There should be some of you here who have been around to have gathered up thousands in the early days!
Prolifik (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:44:11 AM

There's also a lack of litecoin mining rig videos. Some of you guys must have 100+ gpu operations.

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1464
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:53:11 AM

I thought by now I would see a few Bitcoin millionaires living large on youtube, but I'm seeing a lack of videos. Where are they?

A lot of people kicked the can down the road, picking up a few hundred bitcoins in the process...mining wasn't something a lot of people stuck with for long periods back then...remember, when Bitcoin was a year and a half old, mining was easy with a CPU and bitcoins were essentially worthless.  I've met a few guys in that general scenario and they're busy with their already busy lives...just a few hundred kilo bucks richer--not enough to last a lifetime of living large!

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
bumpusee

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:54:08 AM

There's also a lack of litecoin mining rig videos. Some of you guys must have 100+ gpu operations.

ture

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:00:13 AM

All of the people that i know that have serious weight in bitcoins want to stay under the radar. Most of them are already financially successful from other business ventures, and don't want to bring any unecessesary attention to themselves.
HomerS

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:02:38 AM

think they are living in New York or Paris have a very good times  Wink
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:15:43 AM

think they are living in New York or Paris have a very good times  Wink

Except you just picked two of the shittiest places on Earth...

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:16:38 AM

They all lost their hard drives or passwords.   Grin

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:18:52 AM

They all lost their hard drives or passwords.   Grin

It was a tragic boating accident.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Prolifik (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:23:03 AM

If I was a Bitcoin millionaire id be on youtube doing all kinds of crazyness.

>.<

One day, eventually... -_-

dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:26:45 AM

Right now I have no reason to promote bitcoin, and nobody in my part of the midwest has even heard of it. I've thought about advertising myself to these bitcoin millionaires.. if they really want bitcoin to spread they need to spread their coin around to people like myself would would promote it, who would use my laminated paper wallets as tips, or just leave them laying around in random places like at wally-world or the college campus,  and tell people where I work about it, wear the t-shirts in public, etc. As it stands I am completely silent about bitcoin because I have no vested interest in it.  I found out about it too late and I'm not paying 800 bucks a coin. The few times I have mentioned it at work people have no idea what it is and I drop the subject.

I doubt I'd get 2+ BTC anyways... I'm sure people have tried infinite ways to scam bitcoins from people here. If someone is serious about such a donation they can PM, and I will provide them the proof as I go along that I am indeed doing what I am saying with my bitcoin advertising.

If I was a bitcoin millionaire I'd maybe mention that I have 'a couple' bitcoins to co-workers, and beyond that I'd spend it very slowly in small chunks just on 'stuff' such as a 6-core ivy bridge processor from overstock.com, precious metals, or whatever I can find online that accepts bitcoin.. no huge sells, no tipping my hand that I even have any at all, to avoid capital gains on any 'gain'... but I don't have this problem. If I had a ton of bitcoins they'd all go into paper wallets, my laminated paper wallets, into chunks no larger than 5 BTC each... these same wallets would also be backed up in their raw image file format on truecrypt archives... but alas I'm a poor person instead with all the software but none of the bitcoins.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:31:39 AM

All in hiding, or in lock-up Smiley
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:31:45 AM

Right now I have no reason to promote bitcoin, and nobody in my part of the midwest has even heard of it. I've thought about advertising myself to these bitcoin millionaires.. if they really want bitcoin to spread they need to spread their coin around to people like myself would would promote it, who would use my laminated paper wallets as tips, or just leave them laying around in random places like at wally-world or the college campus,  and tell people where I work about it, wear the t-shirts in public, etc. As it stands I am completely silent about bitcoin because I have no vested interest in it.  I found out about it too late and I'm not paying 800 bucks a coin. The few times I have mentioned it at work people have no idea what it is and I drop the subject.

I doubt I'd get 2+ BTC anyways... I'm sure people have tried infinite ways to scam bitcoins from people here. If someone is serious about such a donation they can PM, and I will provide them the proof as I go along that I am indeed doing what I am saying with my bitcoin advertising.

If I was a bitcoin millionaire I'd maybe mention that I have 'a couple' bitcoins to co-workers, and beyond that I'd spend it very slowly in small chunks just on 'stuff' such as a 6-core ivy bridge processor from overstock.com, precious metals, or whatever I can find online that accepts bitcoin.. no huge sells, no tipping my hand that I even have any at all, to avoid capital gains on any 'gain'... but I don't have this problem.

Good for you because what you describe as "promoting" is exactly what veteran bitcoiners DO NOT want..... its strategy for ponzi scheme and we had enough of that.
dissident

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:34:58 AM

spreading bitcoin paper wallets around a ponzi?  If that's the case any form of advertising whatsoever is the same thing..... advertising during the super bowl?  I love the idea of paper wallets and would have a blast leaving them lay around as tips. I suppose it's best only tech savvy people are in bitcoin right now and the rest can join in when they are ready and there are services in place that protect the 'unwashed masses' from losing their money due to their insecurity... so I can see your point.  Best it take off when it's ready rather than explode and end up with tons of people losing their money and thus bad publicity.
bitcerto

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:37:52 AM

A lot of people kicked the can down the road, picking up a few hundred bitcoins in the process...mining wasn't something a lot of people stuck with for long periods back then...remember, when Bitcoin was a year and a half old, mining was easy with a CPU and bitcoins were essentially worthless.  I've met a few guys in that general scenario and they're busy with their already busy lives...just a few hundred kilo bucks richer--not enough to last a lifetime of living large!

I would expect at the current price having even a couple thousand BTC would be a life altering amount. It might not allow someone to quit their job forever, but that's a significant boost for a nice change. I'd like to see more stories like that.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:54:25 AM

If I was a bitcoin millionaire I'd maybe mention that I have 'a couple' bitcoins to co-workers, and beyond that I'd spend it very slowly in small chunks just on 'stuff' such as a 6-core ivy bridge processor from overstock.com, precious metals, or whatever I can find online that accepts bitcoin.. no huge sells, no tipping my hand that I even have any at all, to avoid capital gains on any 'gain'... but I don't have this problem.

Good for you because what you describe as "promoting" is exactly what veteran bitcoiners DO NOT want..... its strategy for ponzi scheme and we had enough of that.

Exactly. Let bitcoin grow organically and actually be useful (and used) for a large variety of services. The price will follow accordingly.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:27:23 AM

spreading bitcoin paper wallets around a ponzi?  If that's the case any form of advertising whatsoever is the same thing..... advertising during the super bowl?  I love the idea of paper wallets and would have a blast leaving them lay around as tips. I suppose it's best only tech savvy people are in bitcoin right now and the rest can join in when they are ready and there are services in place that protect the 'unwashed masses' from losing their money due to their insecurity... so I can see your point.  Best it take off when it's ready rather than explode and end up with tons of people losing their money and thus bad publicity.

Kid... there are differences in advertising strategies, what you described is only for ponzi scheme, money-tree trusts....

Your tiny brain somehow think all advertisement is the same. You dont see ponzi scheme advertised on tv prime time do you? its only on day time where all the jobless retards sitting on their couches...
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:36:00 AM

I'm sure they will prefer to stay under the radar. Just check the list of Btc top address and see how people beg for BTC with shitty stories https://blockchain.info/address/1933phfhK3ZgFQNLGSDXvqCn32k2buXY8a
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:40:28 AM

Quote from: His Most Eminent Highness Grand Caesar Imperator Goat
It's hard to keep a million with...

Speaking of bitcoin millionaires, Goat, I convinced Brown Safe to accept bitcoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=416599).  I thought this one would look nice next to your new yellow toy:

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: