Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 11:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Middlecoin Monitor Email Alerts  (Read 1348 times)
ak111in (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:03:07 AM

Hi,

I would like to introduce email alerts for middlecoin users. Now get email alert if your accepted MH/s is below your specified value. In order to get email alert please register at www.watcron.com/middlecoin.

How to register
1. Go to www.watcron.com/middlecoin
2. Select Email Alert.
3. Select Register.
4. Send a registration fees of .001BTC to 1NkNma4LNB3MwPGpDvk49mGEMRgmNyqvSA for registering email alert for each address, this fees amount is valid till 5th Feb 2014, after which fees will be .002BTC per address.The accepted Mh/s will be checked every 5min and email will be sent if it is less than Min Accepted MH/s.
5. Enter your address, transaction details, min accepted mh/s, email and pin. Pin will be used to modify your information later. Please do not use a pin useb by you on any other website.
6. Submit the info, this information will the be then verified and your email alerts activated.
7. Use the Inquire tab to check if your information has been verified yet.
8. Incorrect/incomplete details will not be verified.
9. All registrations are valid for one year.

Regards
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:50:13 PM

If I change the Mh/s threshold for alert in the Android App, will this change also be synchronized to the email alerting system (and vice-versa)?
kenshirothefist

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:11:51 AM

Overnight one of my GPU's went SICK and I got 50 e-mail messages from Middlecoin Monitor in a couple of hours Sad ... You must implement retention policy:
- when you detect an alert, you mark the user as "in-alert" and you mark the time when the alert went to the user via email
- at the next checkpoint after 5 minutes you check (if current status is still "in-alert") AND (if the user still has to low hashrate) AND (time diff from previous e-mail is less the 2 hours) THEN you don't do nothing; only IF it's > 2 hours you send e-mail again ... and after 2 hours again ...
- when the user has back the normal hashrate you must send another type of alert "hashrate now OK", so the user is notified that everything is OK now

The logic must be similar as the one in the Nagios monitoring system notification: http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/notifications.html
kenshirothefist

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:26:31 AM

Are you currently having some issues on the server?
kenshirothefist

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:27:12 PM

Are you currently having some issues on the server?
No, the alerts are working fine. Do you have any issue?

Strange. Andoid App says "Internet connection is not available." when doing refresh. I tried to switch to Mobile data from WiFi and then it works. Google Chrome browser on my PC returnes "No data received" (on WiFi), however if I look at the source I can see the source of the webpage being displayed. Then I checked on my other remote computer, connected to antoher ISP and it works fine. Maybe is there something in the webpage or in the communication between Andoroid App and the server that my ISP doesn't like? Maybe there are just temporarily issues with my ISP. Anyway, email alerts works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: