Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:15:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lost bitcoins (bitstamp to blockchain)  (Read 1150 times)
biggavm (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:43:09 AM

Hi all. A few days ago I made my first transaction on bitstamp and purchased 0.2 btc. I then tried to transfer this to my blockchain wallet.
Bitstamp took around 1 hour to show the transaction was made but all seemed fine. However, it's now been 48 hours and my blockchain balance is still 0. I've searched on my wallet ID and there are no transactions.
I'm 100% sure the address was correct so can only assume that I've somehow been scammed, or I'm being stupid and missing something!
Any advice/feedback would be appreciated.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:59:03 AM

Hi all. A few days ago I made my first transaction on bitstamp and purchased 0.2 btc. I then tried to transfer this to my blockchain wallet.
Bitstamp took around 1 hour to show the transaction was made but all seemed fine. However, it's now been 48 hours and my blockchain balance is still 0. I've searched on my wallet ID and there are no transactions.
I'm 100% sure the address was correct so can only assume that I've somehow been scammed, or I'm being stupid and missing something!
Any advice/feedback would be appreciated.

Can you check the BTC withdrawal history on bitstamp?
biggavm (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:18:09 PM

Hi Sonny. Thanks for getting back in touch.
Yes, there aren't many details, just a transaction id, the status (finished), and the date it was processed. It doesn't say anywhere the address that the transaction was made from, but as it's my first and I've never done it before, I'm unsure if it actually should!
Really just don't know what to do from here.
biggavm (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:24:57 PM

I've now just received a reply to my bitstamp ticket (queried with them), and they have passed the issue to the system administrator to look into. Has anybody else had something like this? Could it be a processing error at their end?
Sonny

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 01:01:44 PM

Hi Sonny. Thanks for getting back in touch.
Yes, there aren't many details, just a transaction id, the status (finished), and the date it was processed. It doesn't say anywhere the address that the transaction was made from, but as it's my first and I've never done it before, I'm unsure if it actually should!
Really just don't know what to do from here.

search the transaction id on blockchain.info, and you will get the details on that transaction.
Check if the recipient is your deposit address on blockchain.info wallet.

If not, maybe bitstamp made a mistake or maybe you somehow enter the wrong address...

Has anybody else had something like this? Could it be a processing error at their end?

I have not heard of something like that.
biggavm (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:36:31 PM

Thanks for the help mate - it was a bitstamp error. Had a message and bitcoins returned advising the transfer failed.
Panic over!

Thanks again buddy.
Smileyftw

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:29:02 AM

nice to know you got your bitcoins dude
Sonny

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:28:41 PM

Thanks for the help mate - it was a bitstamp error. Had a message and bitcoins returned advising the transfer failed.
Panic over!

Thanks again buddy.

Glad to hear that, and you're welcome. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: