Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:24:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie & Conservate rate of earning?  (Read 134 times)
danielles (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:25:08 PM

To be frankly honest, I don't understand this whole bitcoin mining thing. I guess it was made difficult to understand so that it prevented everyone in the world from trying to jump on the bandwagon. But I thought after watching this video on youtube that maybe I might be able to earn something from trying my hand at this.

So I downloaded BitMinter v.1.6.1 and my Hashrate is 0.05Ghps. I'm thinking of installing it on another computer that I won't be using as I've noticed this computer will cause the hashrate to go down to 0.03 depending on what I'm doing.

Truth be told, I'm not looking into earning a ton of money.
I just wanna know if it's possible and if so what the recommended hardware specs are to earn about $50 a month.

I do apologize if this is in the wrong forum area/section.

Thanks for your time,
Danielle

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3214

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:32:18 PM

Mining bitcoins on a PC is a waste of time and money. A PC will mine less than a $1 in a year and cost hundreds of dollars doing it.

If you have a high-end PC, you might be able to earn $1 a day by mining altcoins. Check out NiceHash.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 08:08:14 PM

You might be able to mine altcoins with a higher end gpu such as a 1070 gtx but even then it's a crap shoot as they say. Plus, you'll need to factor in electricity costs.

Take a look at the following discussion and read macaccino's post, it's an honest take on the whole mining prospect: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4392300.0

Mintdice.com
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:15:14 PM

Mining altcoin can make you earn $1 or more daily but it depends on your mining rig.
I suggest you 2 gtx 1060 to reach near $50 USD every month or earn more depends on the price of the altcoin you mine.

There are other machines that you can mine directly in bitcoin they called it ASIC miner and I think you can make more profit if you buy an ASIC than a GPU miner.

I suggest that you read some thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0
If you want to learn how to mine altcoins.
For mining bitcoin guide  I think this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526215.0 might help you how to setup it.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:05:44 PM

To be frankly honest, I don't understand this whole bitcoin mining thing.

Being "frankly honest" is like putting a hat on a hat. Be frank, or be honest Wink

I guess it was made difficult to understand so that it prevented everyone in the world from trying to jump on the bandwagon. But I thought after watching this video on youtube that maybe I might be able to earn something from trying my hand at this.

So I downloaded BitMinter v.1.6.1 and my Hashrate is 0.05Ghps. I'm thinking of installing it on another computer that I won't be using as I've noticed this computer will cause the hashrate to go down to 0.03 depending on what I'm doing.

Truth be told, I'm not looking into earning a ton of money.
I just wanna know if it's possible and if so what the recommended hardware specs are to earn about $50 a month.

I do apologize if this is in the wrong forum area/section.

Thanks for your time,
Danielle

I don't know if you realize how much hashpower you got. 0.05Gh means that you'll be mining 0.00000107 BTC per year, which is $ 0.007849. So, not even half a dollar per whole year. You can confirm it on any mining calculator.
If you really want to try PC mining, look for CPU coins, or HDD coins. Those that pay for your CPU power or HDD space, although even there you won't probably earn anything as you'll be competing with people who have dual CPU motherboards and/or multiple 12 TB drives.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███