Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:08:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Monitor app like BitCare wanted, will PAY for the development.  (Read 1123 times)
elasticband (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:43:00 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 10:09:49 AM by elasticband

I was and still am a big fan on this application Bitcare, so  much so many people i have met in person now use it to monitor their miners.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.cryptcoins.btcare

I liked it because i monitor 4 x BTCguild accounts, each requires their own API key, BitCare allowed for multiple API keys for the one pool, All hash rate and rewards were visible under the one screen with a simple click.

I upgraded my phone from the S3 to the S4 and Bitcare is no longer compatible, I have tried contacting the developer but none of the published email address's for them work and all emails bounce back.

I have tried other apps, either they don't work, they don't allow for multiple API keys for the one pool or they just plain suck.
At the moment i have 4 different applications/widgets running just to do the job that this one nice application did.

If anyone would take on the challenge of replicating BitCare I would happily pay for development.

If the Bitare developer is reading this, please get in touch!

edit: The app Bitcare offered several exchange monitoring capabilities also, or it might have just been Gox, I don't care about these, just the mining monitor function

edit: Bitcare provided a notification for each worker going offline. Very few apps offer this, many just seem to offer an aleart if your hashrate fals bellow X, where is X is a value set by the user.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elasticband (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:04:20 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 10:14:52 AM by elasticband

Applications i have tried or used in place of BitCare

Bitcoinium  - Used the price tickers on this app for a long time, so much so that it is one of the few apps that i have actually paid for as i really do use it all the time.
the mining monitor widget suffices for my btcguild account, but it fails on the multi api keys for btcguild. Hashrate notification only kicks in if hashrate meets 0....... this is not practical at all

pool watch - Monitoring a second btcguild account, it provides the general stats you would want and i think it gives a downtime alert, although yet to have used this function.

Bitwid - Invalid API key - fail

MinewatcherBeta - Never loads, does not like API key

cryptocoin monitor - used this for monitoring ALT pools int he past, it actually provides multi API key support so is a okay replacement application but it does not offer any widgets and no downtime alearts to my knowledge

miner status - one API key, has widget, no alerts and if i remember does not 100% function, hangs when refreshing sometimes.

xslugx

Activity: 293
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:45:58 PM

Applications i have tried or used in place of BitCare

Bitcoinium - Used the price tickers on this app for a long time, the mining monitor widget suffices for my btcguild account, but it fails on the multi api keys for btcguild

pool watch - Monitoring a second btcguild account, it provides the general stats you would want and i think it gives a downtime alert, although yet to have used this function.

Bitwid - Invalid API key - fail

MinewatcherBeta - Never loads, does not like API key

cryptocoin monitor - used this for monitoring ALT pools int he past, it actually provides multi API key support so is a okay replacement application but it does not offer any widgets and no downtime alearts to my knowledge

miner status - one API key, has widget, no alerts and if i remember does not 100% function, hangs when refreshing sometimes.

I will take a look into it for you, I might be able to make it compatible with the S4 and more if possible. I will get back to you on that in the next week or so.

elasticband (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:13:34 AM

I will take a look into it for you, I might be able to make it compatible with the S4 and more if possible. I will get back to you on that in the next week or so.

Thanks for the reply, please get in touch next week and we can see what can be put together.
xslugx

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:50:04 PM

I do have one question. What happens when you try to install this app from the play store?

maco

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:51:09 PM

I may be able to get this done. PM ME .. see signature for link reference to other apps serving the community.
xslugx

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:22:27 PM

I may be able to get this done. PM ME .. see signature for link reference to other apps serving the community.

nice list of apps, unlike you I do not have that many lol

elasticband (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:04:11 PM

I do have one question. What happens when you try to install this app from the play store?

pretty sure it says it is incompatible. It no longer comes up in a play store search, i have to manually find it online
elasticband (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 04:06:24 PM

nice list of apps, unlike you I do not have that many lol

Well you both have an Idea of the task and what is wanted?
You have installed bitcare to see how it works and what i really want from an application?
what quote can you give me for such a project.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: