Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:46:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: large investment for an electronic handheld wallet?  (Read 1926 times)
annelions

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 12:33:57 AM

I have to 2nd the opinion about smart phones.  Phones will be integrated with credit cards in a couple of years making another gadget to carry around an anachronism.

I really hope not.

Drop your phone? Oops, can't buy groceries.
Accidentally leave your phone in the wash? Well, you didn't really need that prescription anyway.
Kid take apart your phone "to see how it works"? Oh, darn, the rent can wait.
Phone network down? Filling your car's gas tank is so overrated.

I'd rather keep my thin little (relatively) durable strips of plastic, you go ahead and use a smartphone.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Richard Rahl

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2011, 01:05:16 AM

I have to 2nd the opinion about smart phones.  Phones will be integrated with credit cards in a couple of years making another gadget to carry around an anachronism.

I really hope not.

Drop your phone? Oops, can't buy groceries.
Accidentally leave your phone in the wash? Well, you didn't really need that prescription anyway.
Kid take apart your phone "to see how it works"? Oh, darn, the rent can wait.
Phone network down? Filling your car's gas tank is so overrated.

I'd rather keep my thin little (relatively) durable strips of plastic, you go ahead and use a smartphone.  Wink

http://www.google.com/wallet/

Either way.
Drop your wallet?
Oops. Can't buy groceries and your bank account is probably empty now and your prescription has already been filled anyway. Oh well.

Drop your phone, track it by GPS. I've had to do that twice.

Never seen a phone network down. But, I don't know anyone who carries cash on a regular basis, so if the phone network goes down.... then well they can't buy gas anyway.

You keep your real wallet that can be lost. I'll be ready to use my phone soon enough. Something I can track and if all else fails then quite literally destroy remotely. (HTC Sense is nice! lol)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: