Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:22:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Privacy Privacy Privacy!  (Read 2122 times)
Coin_Maven (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:17:41 AM

Privacy is not stressed enough in crypto world! Every information is made public. No real working app can be built until the privacy problem is solved!
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1659

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:37:04 AM

Privacy is not stressed enough in crypto world! Every information is made public. No real working app can be built until the privacy problem is solved!

I really don't understand what you are trying to drive at. If you are talking about bitcoin is not anonymous, per se, its more of a pseudo-anonymity. There's a lot of privacy coins out there like Monero, Verge or Zcash.

And as far as bitcoin, privacy only because a problem is you used to scam people or bought something in the darkmarket. They can trace you back because of blockchains. Other's used tumbling services, but I think if you don't exploit bitcoin's sort of anonymity issues then I don't see it as a big hindrance to anyone in my opinion.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:57:29 AM

Every information is made public.

not "every" information is made public. only what is required. the blockchain only contains your transactions not your identity, YOU are revealing your identity and linking it elsewhere not on the blockchain and not as far as bitcoin is concerned.

in short bitcoin may not be anonymous but it provides a very good level of privacy that is more than enough for all the regular users who are not trying to hide the law but only trying to maintain their privacy.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:17:35 AM

Well,  I didn't get what do you mean actually, if you see a lot of information in the social media or any other platform about bitcoin it doesn't mean it doesn't have a privacy. I think you will know what privacy when you you have someone grabbing your coin in your wallet as it happened to me.
Azkabal

Activity: 389
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:19:19 AM

Of coarse the privacy is not 100% given. But still it is mostly much more private + secure as by fiat currency
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 446

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:19:31 AM

Every information is made public.

not "every" information is made public. only what is required. the blockchain only contains your transactions not your identity, YOU are revealing your identity and linking it elsewhere not on the blockchain and not as far as bitcoin is concerned.

in short bitcoin may not be anonymous but it provides a very good level of privacy that is more than enough for all the regular users who are not trying to hide the law but only trying to maintain their privacy.
Right. Bitcoin transaction has only address associated with it, names are completely hidden in the public ledger. Although there are tools like blockchain analysis to follow your trail. But as what you have said, if you don't hide something and not doing or going to crypto because you wanted to circumvent and used it for illicit purpose, then bitcoin privacy will be suffice enough for a casual bitcoin enthusiast, like that rest of us here.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:23:14 AM

Can you be more specific with your rant? True. Bitcoin isn't 100% anonymous. Transactions and wallets can be tracked. But there's no personal information attached to your wallet address (unless you use web wallets and such). But guess what? Fiat isn't 100% private either. In fact, it's far from being called private.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Brenok

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:28:30 AM

The problem of confidentiality can not be solved completely, since someone will always interfere with this
juiceannabel

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:47:49 AM

what kind of information do you mean ? cryptocurrency is keeping your identity anonymous, although not all. Privacy coin like Monero cannot be traced.
If you transact using Monero, the other peoples cannot view your address or other information. It makes you anonymous.
lyla rose

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 12:00:05 AM

There's much privacy in crypto and it is transparent so that the investors doesn't have any confusionj for it. So, don't worry about the privacy, It'll improve more in the future.
Boldcom

Activity: 149

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:48:35 AM

Virtual currencies also faces some serious security concerns and risks, such as the safety of wallets, double-spending, growing vulnerability to orchestrated attacks on Bitcoin exchanges, and fears of rogue miners engaging in selfish mining. These concerns that can be destructive towards Bitcoin are also real towards any other cryptocurrency, though not particularly in the same manner.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523
Merit: 10

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:16:41 AM

Privacy is one of the essential value in cryptocurrency. You dont know that your transaction cannot be traced if you are using some coins like monero, do you ?
But if you want to investing on project ICO's, you will need to provide your information indeed, but they don't share it on public.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:22:07 AM

I am dont understand some times why peoples try be anonymous, what is bad ? Many peoples dont close their facebook social pages

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:24:02 AM

There are plenty of privacy-oriented coins, such as Monero, DASH, and Zcash. The problem is that for mass adoption there will have to be a compromise between privacy and transparency.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:29:12 AM

It’s funny of how he thinks that privacy using internet technology is possible. Don’t post it or don’t even bother to fill up anything and send to this channel because in that alone your giving your information publicly to people or company you have no control of.
But you have a choice, unplug your internet connection and live in isolation to safeguard your private life. Cryptocurrency is not for you my friend.

HODL
pxo.011

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:32:16 AM

i dont understand what are you trying to say,, app need you personal information because it will store your credentials so no one will use that, about transaction there are no hints that it was yours you are the only one who know it. privacy issues is not abide in your wallet.
newcryptocurrency

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:33:32 AM

I don't think we need more private now. Everything is public but only crypted informations. Everyone is still anonymous and no one can know which address is belong to which person, right?
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:35:45 AM

Privacy using crypto sure gives you nothing but faith privacy is one of the most leading ad to use crypto you were not track who you are only the tx or address of that particular cyrpto there is no way out to put a finger at you for using crypto with low privacy security even if you buy illigal product etc.. authority could not track you down if you use the crypto but there is always a way to find who's using that address.

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 05:42:37 PM

It is no more a secret that data is a new currency and someone who has a high amount of data is rich these days. In order to acquire data, you have to give something in return and if it is in the form of some utility service without charging any money then users will happily share their data. Yes, people are concerned about privacy but still, they don't consider it valuable and thus agree to pay in the form of data instead of paying money. That's the problem in my opinion.
StuartJonson

Activity: 83
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:31:23 PM

Sir as far i know about bitcoin it has full privacy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: