Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:35:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will blockchain technology solve our identity problems?  (Read 17071 times)
da7a1oad3r

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:02:55 PM

>identity problems
>decentralized anonimys system of currency

It won't work that way in any case, it just shouldn't

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Saharkar

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:10:27 PM

Yes i think because it's most secure platform till bow. So developers can developers a platform where government can store there people indentity
Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:36:19 PM

>identity problems
>decentralized anonimys system of currency

It won't work that way in any case, it just shouldn't

Actually, it's possible to tag a name to a certain wallet address on blockchain just like what other company do. And if government implement a KYC for each cryptocurrency user then you can track every user. Being anonymous will not gonna exist in the future especially if cryptocurrency target is to become global. It must adopt the law to stay in the game.
da7a1oad3r

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:04:14 PM

Actually, it's possible to tag a name to a certain wallet address on blockchain just like what other company do. And if government implement a KYC for each cryptocurrency user then you can track every user. Being anonymous will not gonna exist in the future especially if cryptocurrency target is to become global. It must adopt the law to stay in the game.

Agreed but I'm talking about nowadays, the most of governments are not commenting on cryptocurrency, just a few of them started taxation ... or simply banning it
In future the whole cryptocurrency system would turn into something centralized like Ripple
Betheng10

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:25:09 PM

Placing a huge amount of information in one place will make it a treasure chest for black hats.

Government acquire this information as they are also liable for any information breach that might happen.

Private information held by private sectors are closely monitored governments to protect their citizens and these is the current situation facebook is facing right now.

So I guess it is possible but it will take more time.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:44:33 PM
Merited by inthelongrun (2)

Its unfortunate that a lot of people didn't bother to read the article before commenting on how they think blockchain will solve the problem of identity. The article is well articulated taking a look at all the basic data that we so much cherish about ourselves and how cheap these data are on the dark web where its being traded. The article also didn't say for certainty how the blockchain could solve this problem but highlighted the areas where it could prove useful if harnessed to the fullest focusing on the decentralization power embedded in it that makes it difficult for an individual to control how data is being utilised.

While the blockchain comes with so much hope to the end of data abuses that we have at the moment, it also fail to look at the advantages of data centralization in the hands of those who are to keep the citizens safe. All over the world, only the rich have the resources to pay for his own protection while the masses are left in the hands of government to be protected which makes it necessary for them to have the data in other to prevent all of the attacks before it happens. In conclusion, I think the best is for the two to function in other for everyone to have a safe environment.
kevinfox18

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:51:57 PM

Well, thank you for the article. Blockchain tech give us a lot of safety in different things and store many documents and I hope that one day if the government allow it will help us to store the citizen info.
kayakcrypto

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 09:34:18 PM

I think it will not be possible due to its distributed ledger system. Here all information is shared. Yes, I agreed that it is matter of privacy. So, it could be amended in coming days.
IsabellaSophia

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 11:24:02 PM

I think it will but this will take much time. Blockchain technology is at the begining stage and it is developing gradually. So, I think this will solve our identity problem.
shixiu

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:54:13 AM

One of the most important technologies of blockchain technology is anonymity, but it does not mean that we do not need to provide our own identity information in the blockchain. In fact, I think that blockchain technology can be very good at protecting our identity information and providing anonymous authentication. We will chain our own information, and only if we know that the broadcasted information belongs to us, if we want to prove that it is For your own information, you only need to provide the private key in your hands to unlock the proof. This process can even be performed remotely through the Internet. Others know that it is your information, but do not know that you are you.
DeviShal

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:45:17 PM

Has somebody heard about Paytomat? They are being discussed on different newsletters and forums. First I didn’t pay a lot of attention, but they were mentioned so many times I just had to get more information and even read their White Paper. Guess, they can be trusted (just look at their partners SONM, NEM, Hacken) Check them out and say what you think.
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 01:51:38 PM

Its unfortunate that a lot of people didn't bother to read the article before commenting on how they think blockchain will solve the problem of identity. The article is well articulated taking a look at all the basic data that we so much cherish about ourselves and how cheap these data are on the dark web where its being traded. The article also didn't say for certainty how the blockchain could solve this problem but highlighted the areas where it could prove useful if harnessed to the fullest focusing on the decentralization power embedded in it that makes it difficult for an individual to control how data is being utilised.

While the blockchain comes with so much hope to the end of data abuses that we have at the moment, it also fail to look at the advantages of data centralization in the hands of those who are to keep the citizens safe. All over the world, only the rich have the resources to pay for his own protection while the masses are left in the hands of government to be protected which makes it necessary for them to have the data in other to prevent all of the attacks before it happens. In conclusion, I think the best is for the two to function in other for everyone to have a safe environment.

But this is the reason why the rich people and governments trying to control people. Those on top want its people to remain common and ordinary and blind so they will remain controllable. The internet revolution paves the way to blockchain though it is sad that there are some governments like China trying to stop it as it is something they cannot control especially when it comes big in the future.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jayanath123

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 05:54:00 PM

yes blockchain technology is good concepts. all documentation storage , the government also use blockchain technology. 
bigmaster23

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:13:14 PM

Yes, likewise if you use (buy something or paid bills ) with your bitcoin or any other material with the full responsibility of the blockchain there's no doubt that you were throwing all your identity with the mitts of the hacker and with blockchain itself, thus this will also improve all the miss-concept about wiring the family tree with your relatives using crypto to pay or buy things transparently, government of you will labelled you as one of the crypto user with your country, how annonymous you are then?

coralwoods18

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:13:19 PM

With blockchain technology it is very much possible to store all the identity information. Also the distributed ledger system makes it even easier.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:27:49 PM

But this is the reason why the rich people and governments trying to control people. Those on top want its people to remain common and ordinary and blind so they will remain controllable. The internet revolution paves the way to blockchain though it is sad that there are some governments like China trying to stop it as it is something they cannot control especially when it comes big in the future.

You see there is different between being rich and powerful. Both the rich and the poor are at the mercy of the powerful and that is the government. I can then say that the rich today, are being rich because they are allowed to by the powerful that is why you see the rich finding a way to influence policies and politics in other to keep their empire. The rich are not controlling the poor rather its the government that wants to ensure that is happening and if not for government, the rich would not care about minimum wage, labour law, decency in human life, right to education etc.

What I am saying is that rather than condemning centralization of data, both can work hand in hand while we keep ourselves safe, we should also feel safe from the unknown dangers that only government have the capacity to stop that is the essence of data.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 07:36:50 PM

There is nothing in the Blockchain system about who you are already, there are only numbers and letters which appear in the address.
The exchange is the only place where identity is known, for solving this problem we should use decentralised exchanges.
NaomiNagata

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 12:33:56 PM

For me, it is always difficult to predict which cryptocurrency is better for investment. And recently I have found the platform that provides forecasts with 70% accuracy. It is Cryptics - the world's first public crypto analytics based on AI. It is making predictions on a base of analysis of collected data from more than 100,000 sources in social networks and 400 technical indicators. Right now, you are able to know when is the right time to invest in cryptocurrency. Moreover, they have a giveaway now and the main prize is Lamborghini. The future has come! If you want to know more - https://youtu.be/52RacK8L4GI
moshk555

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:31:18 PM

In the blockchain network, each users information is spread throughout each other server to ensure no chance of any fraud to occur therefore this can be a very legitimate solution to any fraudulent financial activity or even identity problems as the IP address of every user is stored on the network.
shaadsufi

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:35:37 PM

Many people think that the blockchain network is built in such a way that all of the user data is given to all of the other users on the network , however this is far from the truth, yes the information is present on the network but the difference lies in the fact that each user is given a very small fraction of the data so nobody has access to the whole of it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: